Forums
April 29, 2024, 12:00 PM

Author Topic: Some improvement ideas.  (Read 1865 times)

Offline Chicken23

Some improvement ideas.
« on: October 02, 2010, 09:26 PM »
Some things that i think could be tweaked on at tus and taking effect for new season.

Clearer rules on playoffs.
What schemes can be picked. What order schemes can be played. Aslong as you don't do more than 3 rope based schemes the order is irrevlent. And both wxw and shopper can be used!
How many games it takes to enter them (setting these game required and not changing it. 80 is fine for singles. but clanners is too high. Season ends in 3 hours and clanner po aint made requirements yet.. should change in an hour when doh plays mm which they are doing now) But still.. This limit could be 60 i feel? Seems people struggled at 70.
Me and darkone will carry on with setting deadlines and being firm on games not being played in time if the the current attitude carries on. There has been improvement and we are slowly making some headway into the playoffs being completed but we have a new set for season 15 coming up now. So keep your eyes peeled on this!

Team17 tus scheme

We've had plenty of debates, arguments and opinions on the t17 scheme and they have all focused around 7 griders or unlimited. It doesnt matter about griders because that can be changed in the scheme when someone hosts and makes their pick.
However what we have all managed to agree on is the weapons generated in the tus scheme is a little off (espically when number of griders is changed (dunno why this effects it)).
I think we can all agree that HHC's scheme is more balanced and better than tus. Ive even spoken with wooka who made the tus schemes and he admitted he did not know what he was doing. TuS was a new league then and it was fine at the time but i think the offical scheme should be changed to HHC's. Its not as 'Boom Boom' as FB's. But its not as predictable as the constent hhg's, sheeps, old ladies, longbow as current tus scheme.

General update to rules and layout

There has been changes to the league but i don't think the rules got updated. Like late report for example. This is fine now because you can make a complaint and MI runs a code that puts them in correct order.
I think the scheme rules could be carefully considered and reworded. I think changing the layout of rules could be a good idea. The schemes rules could be enclude here instead of in the schemes section. Then the Rules has league rules, playoff rules and scheme rules and the tus schemes could be downloadable form here aswell (not just in scheme section)
At the point we could also introduce an offical shopper scheme because currently is it just wxw. Just remove zooks or use some of the ones we spoke about in other threads would be fine.

Staff forum!

Even tho there is 4 of us it would just make life abit easier than current PM's. I know we all have msn and pm's but sometimes its just nice to post ideas on one. Most leagues have had them in the past and i don't see the harm in adding one. Id of posted all of this on a staff forum for example  ;D

Hope im not being overally zealous here. Im just posting some ideas to make improvements!

Re: Some improvement ideas.
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 10:10 PM »
I see you started that worms government project i told you about
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline Uber

• Sexmachine

• Norway Norway
  • ps ps clan

• You'll never walk alone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 12:21 AM »
"Ive even spoken with wooka who made the tus schemes and he admitted he did not know what he was doing."   ..

hahaha wooka.. xD

btw, these ideas sound good chick.

-You think you are pretty smart, but is was not me, and you became dumb.   Phanton.    <3

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 01:39 AM »
hey leave me alone! lol i knew what i was doing i just always forget small things, too much smoking  :P

and yeah good ideas tom

Offline Crazy

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2010, 01:26 PM »
Nice reading Tom, I couldn`t agree more especially concerning the schemes. I also have a kind of stupid suggestion for the PO, in order to get them done. We need something to motivate people to get their PO done. Ofcourse, you get a Medal in your profile, but I was thinking cash. We should get a sponsor to the site, like ESL or something, that could sponsor us with specific amount each season that would be distributed to the League Winner and Runner-Up in both singles and clanners. This site has quite many hits, we are growing by each day, it can`t be impossible to have some kind of sponsor? Didn`t we have some prize money in the previous leagues?

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2010, 07:52 PM »
random worm order in hysteria ftw! :)

Offline SPW

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2010, 08:03 PM »
Hyst dont need any change imo.  ;)

About T17 Scheme. The problem was not only "7 girders or inf.", there are also 2 totally different kind of schemes, one like a soft-t17 and the other one with nanas, patsy, wormselect etc.

I usually like the "Boom Boom" T17-Scheme, coz oppenent can kill his own ones faster :D .. and eq / nuke etc makes it more tactical or at least more interesting. I dont like T17 coming up to the roof and with more draws coz less lategame weaps. 

We just need one scheme for every1 which has to be a must to play TUS. Thats all - and ye I prefer 7 girder scheme ofc. ;)

« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 08:05 PM by SPW »

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2010, 10:16 PM »
random worm order in hysteria ftw! :)

I like that idea.. would make things interesting.. nice SPICE BABY

Offline Farco/Ghost

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2010, 10:30 PM »
Random worm order in hysteria buggs me, because almost all my worms have very bad spots sometime.. -_-
For God so love the world, that he give his only begotten son, that who so ever believes in Him, putting their faith and trust on him, they will not go to hell or devil, will never perish and will have everlasting life.

I can do everything through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2010, 10:38 PM »
About T17 Scheme. The problem was not only "7 girders or inf.", there are also 2 totally different kind of schemes, one like a soft-t17 and the other one with nanas, patsy, wormselect etc.

I usually like the "Boom Boom" T17-Scheme, coz oppenent can kill his own ones faster :D .. and eq / nuke etc makes it more tactical or at least more interesting. I dont like T17 coming up to the roof and with more draws coz less lategame weaps. 

We just need one scheme for every1 which has to be a must to play TUS. Thats all - and ye I prefer 7 girder scheme ofc. ;)

We need to contact deadcode/cybershadow and invesitage if changing the number of griders effects the cr8 probabilities (it did in tus) Then once we have a scheme which we all agree to the degree of boom boom we can just edit griders without effecting the cr8 chances.

HHC's is good but i am seeing a lake of nukes, eq's, pasty's, but im seeing nice attempts of all other weapons which is good! Its an improvement form tus, but not as boom boom as FB

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2010, 10:42 PM »
Patsy's should be banned... you already have a homing missile and pigeon in the game.. making a 3rd homing item available just increases crate luck between those 3 weapons

Offline Random00

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2010, 12:27 AM »
Sorry for this, but I have to come up with some totally different stuff, but I think its just important...

It's about the general TUS system and about Playoff regulations. We had a lot of discussions for both of them this year, but except the minimum amount of games for PO qualification nothing changed at all.
I'll try to seperate these things as good as possible and I try to give some suggestions (or summarize what a majority already wrote in a specific thread) to improve the current situation.

1. Seasonal Standings vs. Overall Standings
As we discussed here and here the majority of people who posted in these threads wanted to have the Overall Standings being displayed as default.
Here's my suggestion how to handle this: When you click on "Leagues->Standings" you have one small table on top containing the top 10 (or 5 or 20) seasonal players, like its the default now. But below this there should be the "Weighted Overall Standings", means there should bascially be a table that you now get when you go for the Overall Standings and click on "All". "Weighted" means that inactive players shouldn't be displayed. In my opinion someone should be declared inactive if he didn't play a sinlge tus game in the last 45 days.
I think this would be a nice default Standings table that gives you all the information you want to see about the standings without clicking around for 5 minutes to get what you actually searched. (For example no more browsing to find who has the PO qualification at the moment...)

Additionally to this we should still have the 2 tables that we have now: Seasonal Standings table and Overall Standings table (including inactive players here).

2. Scheme Standings
weee, there's some new point that hasnÄt been mentioned yet, as far as I remember.
The Overall Scheme standings are kind aimportant imo, because points for games are being calculated on these ratings, but it takes a lot of time until you find the 5th best RopeRace player who plays active (see 1. for active/inactive) in this season. I also think that the seasonal scheme standings have no right to be there at all, because they simply show nothing at all. Most of the times the first players in these Standings are just a lot worse then the top players in the Overall Scheme Standings. So I vote to have Weighted Overall Scheme Standings tables with the option to show inactive players too.
Some examples of scheme tables that we have right now and seem pretty shit to me :D
https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/classic-stats/TTRR-stats/ (A lot of incactive players in the top positions; they shouldn't be displayed by default).
https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/classic-stats/TTRR-stats/?s=13 (The top rated players have sometimes even very bad winning percentages even in THIS season, but they still being displayed on top, just because they made some points. And thats bascially because of their very low overall rating. Sombra has 7-19 [26.92% winnings] and is 6th, while dibz has 22-3 [88% winnings] and he's on position 50 in this table. Its just makes no sense that this table wants to tell me that Sombra had a better RR season then dibz then, just because he made some more points....)

3. Single Playoffs
I think the games required for qualification (80) is fine for the current activity level, but thats all that improved since we had these two threads: here and  here .
First of all: Why are there still just 8 people in single playoffs? I thought the majority wanted to have 16 (10 overall spots and 6 seasonal). Also see this (and wasn't the last season kinda active with     2846 games being played?!):
[...]
  • PO 8/16 switch, depending on the season activity, PO goes for 16 people or 8. 16 (10 overall + 6 seasonal)

Then we should have some clear rules about picking schemes as Chicken already mentioned in his first post. I see 2 good possibilities:
1. You can pick whatever scheme you want, just no scheme twice.
2. The first 4 games need to be 2 rope and 2 default games. (As it is right now)
Both have its pros and cons and maybe a vote on this can be the best solution. (I prefer possibility #2 ;) )

Next thing about Playoffs is seeding. I really don't like how it is now and I never did. That's why I did some post about this in the past that explained everything pretty well. There was just no feedback about it and so the idea got lost again...

Just got some new point regarding Single Playoffs. Its pretty ok in round 1, but I dont like the round 2 pairings, cause usually the top2 overall players meet already in semi-final.
Better would be like this:
Quarterfinals:
Game A: Seasonal #1 - Overall #4
Game B: Seasonal #2 - Overall #3
Game C: Seasonal #3 - Overall #2
Game D: Seasonal #4 - Overall #1

Semis:
Game X: Winner Game A - Winner Game C
Game Y: Winner Game B - Winner Game D

Final:
all the losers in round robin system XDDD
ye, well, final should be clear :d
Maybe this idea needs some tweaking. I thought about adding some random seeding as well, so you dont try to go for 3rd seasonal spot, because you want to play the Overall 2nd in the first round.
I imagine something like this:
A: Seasonal #1 vs Overall #3 or Overall #4
B: Seasonal #2 vs Overall #3 or Overall #4
C: Overall #1 vs Seasonal #3 or Seasonal #4
D: Overall #2 vs Seasonal #3 or Seasonal #4
Then Winner A vs Winner D and Winner B vs Winner C and then final.

And another thing about Playoffs. Its just some ide and I'd love some feedback on it. I just thought why dont we have bo3 games for Playoffs for each scheme?

And last but not least: PLAYOFFS NEED MORE ATTENTION. I want to go on tus site and directly see who won the last Playoffs in BIG letters and it would be nice to have information about all upcming PO games (in all seasons) and updates when these games are played, so you can watch the replays :)
I mean, if you just measure playing tus games in being succesful, its the greatest thing to win the playoffs. But all you get is some image in your profile a few days after you made it. I think that people would love winning playoffs more when you get a news about it on the forums.

Sooooooo, thats quite a few points there, but I think they're all imporant and I'd like you to read my post before you give some silly answer, because I was working on this post for 1 hour now.
Thats it and good night. :D

Offline Uber

• Sexmachine

• Norway Norway
  • ps ps clan

• You'll never walk alone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2010, 01:41 AM »
Well Random, i read the whole post now. and i TOTALLY agree with u in everything u write. TUS mods should print that post, and just go ahead and fix it! (when they find time of course! I know u all have irl's also! :) )

Specially the things like season ratings, thats just pure bullshit 2 give medals to ppl! Last season i had 15-1 in hysteria, and sniper had 23-10 or so and he was so happy with his 1st place. Its foolish.

And the PO section sounds smart, and also the bo3 in EACH scheme might be smart, BUT i dont think its that a good idea Sebastian, can u imagine the time  a bo3 PO game with 2 equal skilled players where 3-2 is the score will take? Like bng-bng-bng, t17-t17-17, roper-roper-roper, hysteria-hysteria-hysteria then a wxw-wxw-wxw 2 decide it all? I know its a far out example, but it might be the case on a few occasions, i mean ppl have lifes outside worms, so might be kinda hard 2 get it done, and ppl often wanna do it in 1 night cause they gather as many they can from their clan ( in clan PO ) . :)

-You think you are pretty smart, but is was not me, and you became dumb.   Phanton.    <3

Offline Husk

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2010, 01:44 AM »
i read it aswell but i alrdy forgot everything i just read, pffft

Offline avirex

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2010, 04:31 AM »
i started to read, and then just decided to read the replies...

nice post husk.