Forums
May 16, 2024, 06:27 AM

Author Topic: Updating leagues  (Read 2849 times)

Online MonkeyIsland

Updating leagues
« on: June 19, 2010, 04:43 PM »
Ok, I guess it's time for another update on the leagues.

Collected ideas so far:

• Tuning report page:
    • Changing 'more games to report' select box, to a checkbox. (Cost you 1 click instead of 2)
    • When using more games to report, member names stay in the fields, so that you don't have to select them again.
    • Other members of a clan will be able to report clanners.
  • [NAil's] Worms Award
  • [pr's] Watcher mode
  • Showing your game result vs each of your opponents in games limitation table.
    e.g.  NAiL  (5:2)  as in you lost 5 games to NAiL and won 2.
  • PO 8/16 switch, depending on the season activity, PO goes for 16 people or 8. 16 (10 overall + 6 seasonal)

Post your ideas here.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 04:46 AM by MonkeyIsland »
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Ray

Re: Updating leagues
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 05:23 PM »
I don't really understand the game limitation table, I mean, is that even necesarry? Show some message in the profile or for the user that it is not possible to play any more games in the specific season against the given player. Never understood why you had to list all those names there like that.

Offline Maciej

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 06:16 PM »
oh 16 ppl in PO ^^ will be more interesting but deadline should be put it (if it's not, dunno, i have never got PO in tus)

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 09:21 PM »
16 will definetly motivate more players in the upper overall ranks. Also i think display the standings with overall as the main. Seasonal secondary but clicking on the tab.

Noobs think komo is the best tus player at the moment when infact he is not and its random00!

Offline Ray

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 09:24 PM »
Just do what I said... :( Put the overall statistics to a new link with no pages, just listing them all. Called "Ladder" maybe? And the seasonal stays where it is now.

Offline Maciej

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2010, 10:09 PM »
oh MI you do great job with this site! Hope you can fix bugs in challange page too ;S

Offline Madden

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2010, 10:37 PM »
Perhaps another way to save a click is changing the "your pick" to "their pick" when reporting another, or vice versa. It's rare you report successive games of someones pick.
[NAiL`bOr] if u see me
[NAiL`bOr] ur gonna think im f@#!in weird man

Offline Ray

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2010, 11:00 PM »
oh MI you do great job with this site! Hope you can fix bugs in challange page too ;S
Challenges have just been updated entirely. ???
Perhaps another way to save a click is changing the "your pick" to "their pick" when reporting another, or vice versa. It's rare you report successive games of someones pick.
True point. Also maybe a method to somehow check for wrong reports? I mean, trying to find the participants' names in the replay's name? But some people use different names... Any ideas for that?

Offline Maciej

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2010, 12:17 AM »
Challenges have just been updated entirely. ???

yes! and there are still bugs! for example here https://www.tus-wa.com/challenges/members-stats/Maciej/ - i can't choose 2nd page, and i'm sure there are more, last time it was full of bugs, and my first challanges were for wQw and Monkey has never fixed it :(
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 12:20 AM by Maciej »

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2010, 12:45 AM »
Just do what I said... :( Put the overall statistics to a new link with no pages, just listing them all. Called "Ladder" maybe? And the seasonal stays where it is now.

I disagree. You don't want two different pages of standings for 1 league. Don't want another link across the top in league. The site is already full of content and features and adding unessecarly to it helps new comers who are learning the tus site.

Just have it so standings is overall. If you want to list it by seaosnal points you click seasonal. Exactly the same as how the site is now. But just reversed.

Online MonkeyIsland

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2010, 04:49 AM »
@Maciej, I fixed the pages. System has not recorded wQw as your clan. It had a bug before and it got deleted. But if that's this much important to you, tell me in which record IDs you were in wQw and I fix it.

@Leagues,
I will SURELY modify the standings page. But there's a very thin line between season table and season overall table which makes confusion. I'll just look into finding the best solution.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Ray

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2010, 07:59 AM »
But at least delete the pages from the standings! Nothing bugs me more, I'm serious, every time I look at the standings I have to click "All".

Offline GodiTo

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2010, 01:05 PM »
Good ideas. Also 16 players in PO : You need to deal with deadline. More people means it will be more time to play the playoffs. Anyway I'm glad to see it =)

Offline Maciej

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2010, 01:17 PM »
@Maciej, I fixed the pages. System has not recorded wQw as your clan. It had a bug before and it got deleted. But if that's this much important to you, tell me in which record IDs you were in wQw and I fix it.

oh, it works well now
All replays added before 20th of September 2009 were for wQw! pls fix it if you could, i have sentiment to wQw...

Offline darKz

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2010, 05:12 PM »
Yeah the standings should be displayed differently, it just makes no sense. What I mean is this:

while.....

It just makes no sense IMO. :P
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010