Forums
May 02, 2024, 03:43 PM

Author Topic: Tus playoffs  (Read 9185 times)

Offline Chicken23

Tus playoffs
« on: October 26, 2009, 03:31 PM »
I think the amount of games to gain access to playoffs should be increased for both singles and clanners.

I suggest this because of the amount of time in a season is 2 months and its really easy to get these 20 and 30 game limits for players which are not so active. This makes it really hard for playoffs to get finished as a semi active player gets into them.

Also i think the top 4 players in the overall stats abuse the system by playing 30 games and not bothereing to play anymore games. If they had to play more games to reach the playoffs it would be better for the league as it would get the higher overall players doing more games and risking losing their points. I think the system does have a problem when u see flori in 130th and in the playoffs.. I think players like sogeking, zippo deserve a playoff spot but its hard to reach those places... It doesnt help when you have avoiders like weeman too? Just think some tweaks could be made to make a fairer selection of 8 players.

Online MonkeyIsland

Re: Tus playoffs
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 04:00 PM »
I see your point. So to solve that you are suggesting making 30 and 20 like 50 and 40? I mean only about the number of games?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 04:49 PM »
30 for clanners and 40 for singles maybe

Offline pr

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 07:12 PM »
The amount of games won't help this.
Yes, if weeman avoids a lot like xray does he will be first at first season BUT:
it will be hard for this guy to enter PO next seasons since he gets less and less points.

I assume that clan POs should be similar to singles POs:
4+4 for singles, 2+2  for clans.

Where 4+4, 2+2 stands for Top X in Current season + Top X Overall

Offline Ray

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 11:04 AM »
[offtopic]pr, I don't remember one single time when you asked me for a TUS. If you do, I play and this is the same with everyone. I never told Unique that I won't play with him even tho I knew I would almost certainly lose.[/offtopic]

Offline Rok

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2009, 01:30 PM »
The amount of games won't help this.
Yes, if weeman avoids a lot like xray does he will be first at first season BUT:
it will be hard for this guy to enter PO next seasons since he gets less and less points.

That would be true if we didn't have the option to reset our stats at the start of every season. Unique did that and now he's getting good points for wins. If many players did that, there's no point in having a rating based scoring system. I think that should be changed immediately, e.g. allowing stats resets only once in say 3 seasons. MI?!

About what chicken said, hm yes, not a bad idea. 30 games isn't much for someone who spends 3 consecutive afternoons in ag.
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2009, 05:52 PM »
You can reset ur stats??? This is silly! Cus u can just get loads of points of higher ranked played if you as good as them and reset start of each season. I think allowing to only reset every 3 seasons is a good idea. Or even not being allowed to reset at all.

In FB rating they had a handicap system where the most improved wormer got into playoffs too. For example. If someone had a really low rating cus they were a noob many months ago. But then started to win alot and gained many points cus of their low rating, They were top of handicaps and selected in playoffs. But this is pretty much just the same as seasonal points!

Offline pr

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2009, 06:30 PM »
Word. Resetting should be banned.

Online MonkeyIsland

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2009, 06:36 PM »
You can reset ur stats???

chicken we need to take you to a tour over TUS xD

u can just get loads of points of higher ranked played if you as good as them and reset start of each season. I think allowing to only reset every 3 seasons is a good idea. Or even not being allowed to reset at all.

There's a difference between what people can do and what they actually will. Reseting options has been added to TUS since v1.6 (Got advanced in v1.8 ) and since then only 12 people have used it.
Some people simply have bad start or they get too low so the only way to encourage them is a fresh start. Otherwise they will open a new nick and that's worse (Or they quit TUS). Believe it or not, TUS earned every single player in its league.

By judging these 12 people, Other than Unique, other 11 reset because of bad stats.

Yes a good player can reset his stats and beat other good players to take them down. But again why would he do that? sadism? I know we have these type of people in WN, But also there are ways to avoid it. A good player always can analyze and see in what path he's about to walk. People won't ruin their own stats just to take other people down since getting a nice stats in TUS is not really an easy job and they have tried hard to reach their level.

At the moment, Every season people can reset their stats at the first half of the season. So in classic league, It will be every 2 months.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 06:40 PM by MonkeyIsland »
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Rok

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2009, 06:47 PM »
We didn't convince him. Let's try more: ban resets, ban resets, ban resets...!!  ;D

Seriously, MI, once per 3 seasons would be more than enough. People can still reset after 1 season or after half of season if they had a bad start, but allowing to start fresh every season is just too generous (especially to good players), isn't it? Not to mention it isn't very fair to other players, and it isn't helpful in determining who's really the best.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 06:48 PM by Rok »

Offline pr

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2009, 07:22 PM »
BAN RESETS

TOM FOR PRESIDENT

Online MonkeyIsland

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2009, 07:23 PM »
We didn't convince him. Let's try more: ban resets, ban resets, ban resets...!!  ;D

ok I'm convinced now xD

So, You think the only problem with reseting is the probability that a good player reset and tease others?
(lol pr you come and pass like a tv subtitle)

Offline Ray

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2009, 08:31 PM »
How about this: only people with less than 1000 points can reset their stats? :)

Offline Rok

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2009, 08:32 PM »
So, You think the only problem with reseting is the probability that a good player reset and tease others?

Yes. + that such player avoids getting his skill evaluated correctly.

EDIT: Yeah, Ray, but do those players even need to do that?  :)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 08:34 PM by Rok »

Offline Ray

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2009, 08:35 PM »
Some people simply have bad start or they get too low so the only way to encourage them is a fresh start. Otherwise they will open a new nick and that's worse (Or they quit TUS).

Truth is, if these players develop skills while playing the league, then they will have advantage, because with little points they can get a lot more. But some people don't want to do that or they are lazy.