Forums
May 02, 2024, 06:58 AM

Author Topic: What the f@#! is going on?  (Read 5426 times)

Offline Sbaffo

Re: What the f@#! is going on?
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2016, 07:59 PM »
Last few seasons on tus after playoffs I saw guys screaming with caps lock "where is my money, give me money!"
That's sad and hilarious at same time.. and it should be obvious to everyone (?) that this is just a place to have a few laughs and kill time between school/jobs.

You've gotten off topic very quickly dude, how am i supposed to argue with someone who doesn't know what's the competition of this league?

Offline Sensei

« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2016, 08:10 PM »
Hmm. My whole post was pretty much on topic, and I'm quite sure there was no arguing whatsoever.
But if you want to argue, np, I'm always open for casual shitstorm. Be warned: had good supper, batteries are charged.

Offline Maciej

« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2016, 08:30 PM »
I agree. Cancel these all TEL, HAL, FREE, TRL and other shits. There was always one classic and respected league and it worked. TUS wanna be too pleasant for everyone and is becoming destroyed.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2016, 08:44 PM »
Kill TEL and reset ranks, who's with me?

Offline nino

« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2016, 08:58 PM »
Kill Maciej and reset League!!!

Nah for real do whatever you guys want porra hauhauauha
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline ANO

« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2016, 09:19 PM »
Puciejjjjj

Offline Korydex

« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2016, 09:23 PM »
lalo, there were some good allrounders in pp, I think you don't know them very well. btw their overall score with cFc is 5-4 :P

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2016, 10:50 PM »
What you think about those people avoiding or asking to play only for a scheme?

My 1st experience with TuS was doing BnG only, to be #1 in BnG standings, I did play other schemes too, but it's like 75% or more BnG.

^^ This is why I don't play singles now, my stats for overall were based on focusing on 1 scheme, to play all schemes equally feels like a completely different set of statistics and I won't ruin my focused stats this way.

If there was a reset and everything was saved into a Hall of Fame, then I could play all schemes together as a seperate effort.

I think it's ok to play choice schemes so long as they still play other schemes too, I see people like lalo, dibs, sbaffo, daina, lukz etc play only TTRR with each other like 10+ games in a row, there is nothing wrong with this because it's one of their favourite schemes and they play all other schemes often too, in this way I like it.

I don't believe resets will change much. The people who often press for it are oldschoolers who are just bored with the game. One week later and the activity is down to the usual level.

Proof: every single reset of personal stats  ;D

That is not true, I for one would be more active than ever, i'd lose a lot of T17/Elite/TTRR/Shopper at 1st but improving my own skills and seeing the progress is very exciting and would keep me interested for a long time.

Also, resetting "personal stats" isn't actually a proper reset, so it isn't proof at all.

Transferring the money to clanners is an equally silly idea to raise activity. Not only do you take away the incentive to play singles then, you also reserve the money to 1 or 2 clans (basically CFC atm... which surprise, is the clan Komo's in..)

There is still less activity in singles than there was a while before money was introduced, your theory is entirely opinion with no facts to back it up.

The fact that dt/cfc/cf would probably be the 3 main teams to win Clanners if they were active and strong wouldn't even be a problem, people are free to leave/join/create any clan they wish at any time they wish, if they want to create a super team for them to win, fair play to them, they spent years honing their skills I think they would deserve to win prizes, it's up to other people to present a viable challenge to them ;)

Prize money is never supposed to be for less skilled players, prize money is usually there for the most talented players willing to win, so it's pretty dumb to assume the top clans wouldn't win? If anyone has a problem with that, they are free to practise as often as they want ;)

Toning down on cups schemes. Terrible idea as well. It's one of the few active parts of TUS that remain + you take away ability to test new schemes and variations + cup players are often more interested in playing 'free league' schemes cause they can compete for prizes there. (in other words, cups are cathering for players who feel misrepresented in the league, either cause they prefer fun schemes or because they are not allround).

You don't need a Cup to test schemes, grab a few buddies and host a game, it's that simple.

Cups definitely need to be limited, they draw too much attention away from leagues, the problem is they also draw a lot of attention away from #AG.

People organize their Cup games on the forums, which in turn means less "TuS Anyone?" in #AG, people meet up, play their game, and leave.

When you have 10 active Cups(all singles usually), most people who are active in these Cups won't look for Clanners/Singles because they are waiting for their Cup opponents to show up, which is a complete waste of time for Leagues.

I like Cups, but they are a poison to activity.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2016, 10:56 PM »
Not to mention dividing prize money to clanner league would be next to impossible (how do you pay the inactive members) even the most inactive member is part of the team, they should get paid as well.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2016, 11:14 PM »
Not to mention dividing prize money to clanner league would be next to impossible (how do you pay the inactive members) even the most inactive member is part of the team, they should get paid as well.

Personally speaking, if cfc won say $200 dollars, I would suggest buying better hardware/software for active/loyal members, the ones who made the effort that Season, buy roping keyboards for the ropers, get better monitor, can even buy a new desk or chair for them to be more comfortable while playing.

If nobody needs anything atm, put it into a clan kitty or something for later use.

It's a nice incentive for being a teamplayer, helping each other to gain better equipment, and personal gain if you manage to get something good yourself.

How the clans split the money is entirely up to the clans, it's none of our business really.

Offline Triad

« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2016, 11:21 PM »
Last summer we had  the worst Worm Olympics. It was really inactive that a not so experienced clan like UC finished as #1 because it had a lot active members. Now TUS getting worse. As we can see, WA is going downhill.

First I want to quote a message of mine from another topic:

If I sum changes suggested by me or other people that I ageee in a single measage.

- Leagues should be resetted after 50th Classic season (50 is a nice number and I think it will give MI enough time)
- Leagues should be stored in some kind of "Hall of Fame"
- After reset each league always must be enabled simultaneously.
- Leagues should be resetted and put on Hall of Fame after each 20 seasons.
- Like voting for next TRL scheme, there should be a poll for Free League. Most voted 4 schenes should be replaced with least played 4 schemes.

Now I want to add:

- f@#! last one, cancel free league. Use the popularity of some free schemes on other events like cups and tournaments.
- Cancel TRL, TEL and HAL. For the people who likes few schemes. There are always other options than leagues, such as cups and tournaments. Just check how dS maintained Darts in past few years.
- Current ELO seems fine for me but if you really want to change it, use this: Same TUS ELO but losers don't lose pts. Like A vs B, 1000 vs 1000. B won(you expected A to won don't you?) Current ELO new pts will be: 960 vs 1040, but with new elo it will be 1000 vs 1040. With that people won't be scared to lose and won't avoid schemes.
- Remember the old topic that says some clans getting overpowered and suggesting new clans? That. Make current clans like family clan and create something like league squads. Max 4-6 players each squad. Easier to split money if you move prize to clanners. Chance to team up and play with new people.
- Want TUS to be active? Introduce people to site. Once saw a WA gif on 9gag, advertised tus by replying most of the comments like "d00d this game is still active, just google tus-wa and check first site" (Once came across with Random00 there lmao). Anyway when I created UC first it was Turkish only clan. I found clueless Turkish people and introduced wa, taught  everything from zero. One of these guys finished WO in top 20 once, Turkey finished as top 5. And I am not really the best guy around. There are a lot experienced people here that can get much better results than me easily.

Offline HHC

« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2016, 11:24 PM »
That is not true, I for one would be more active than ever, i'd lose a lot of T17/Elite/TTRR/Shopper at 1st but improving my own skills and seeing the progress is very exciting and would keep me interested for a long time.

Also, resetting "personal stats" isn't actually a proper reset, so it isn't proof at all.

Was waiting for your response Komo, ty  :)
I really doubt you can live up to that promise once reset is in place.
Personal reset isn't same as league reset, but it's 50% the same xD
It's a good indication that people who reset it and have plans to play league actively from thereon, never do.
I am willing to give a full reset a chance, but personally I'm held back by some fear of losing what is already there. It's a radical, no-return fix. If it doesn't improve activity at all (which IMO will happen), then we lose the stats that were there and that were being used by the system to reward players challenging these Overall Gods.

There is still less activity in singles than there was a while before money was introduced, your theory is entirely opinion with no facts to back it up.

If the theory makes sense the pratice usually will work out as well. Facts can be interpretated to claim pretty much anything, but that aside..

It does say something that the money didn't improve activity. It worked only for very few wormers. But it did some good in these cases (whether it was worth the ammount of $ spent... yeehnoomaybe).
In that respect, it's a measure that won't likely raise clanner activity in any significant way (even more cause it's reserved for like 2 clans atm, rest is chanceless).
It also makes it somewhat doubty that any real measure to revive the classic league will be a real success. If money can't do the trick.. overall reset prolly won't either.

The fact that dt/cfc/cf would probably be the 3 main teams to win Clanners if they were active and strong wouldn't even be a problem, people are free to leave/join/create any clan they wish at any time they wish, if they want to create a super team for them to win, fair play to them, they spent years honing their skills I think they would deserve to win prizes, it's up to other people to present a viable challenge to them ;)

CF is dead for many years, really don't think SPW/Random will fire up the ol' engine for a money prize.
That and what Walrus says: dividing the money is a recipe for disaster.

You don't need a Cup to test schemes, grab a few buddies and host a game, it's that simple.
In order to get it accepted as the official scheme you need more than this. + a funner doesnt match real competition. I mean, how many 'flaws'/ 'bugs' were not found in hysteria after months of playing this scheme?

Cups definitely need to be limited, they draw too much attention away from leagues, the problem is they also draw a lot of attention away from #AG.
People organize their Cup games on the forums, which in turn means less "TuS Anyone?" in #AG, people meet up, play their game, and leave.
When you have 10 active Cups(all singles usually), most people who are active in these Cups won't look for Clanners/Singles because they are waiting for their Cup opponents to show up, which is a complete waste of time for Leagues.
I like Cups, but they are a poison to activity.

I only play cups, if TUS was league only I woulda been gone for a long time  :-[
There are people who combine both, there are people who only do leagues and people who only do cups. IMO they are a great asset of TUS, and like I said, one of the parts of the site that is still going strong. Maybe we should abolish leagues and just do cups and tourneys from now on? haha.
Nah, it's a good combo.

But yeah, I think a 5-scheme classic would make things more clear and improve the quality of the average game.

Maybe we can also host more normal tourneys and steal some of that activity from ONL?  :)
Those cups are popular with a crowd that don't visit TUS too often.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2016, 11:29 PM »
gj hhc, now bring back worms-league.com

Offline HHC

« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2016, 11:32 PM »
gj hhc, now bring back worms-league.com

Now that you mention it, worms at that time pretty much ran on 14 year olds tryng to prove they had a dick.
Worms atm is a bit of everything, kiddo's looking up to the old farts that just sit around and chat and 7 or 8 teenagers who get muted/banned after 2 months for smearing this page with their hormonal banter. Lol.

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2016, 11:58 PM »
I am with Komo and Lalo, everything I had to say was spoken by them, I always thought that money prize given to singles and not to clanners (which are much more exciting to watch) are absolutely ridiculous.

About bashing just signed in players:
Maybe we should add 1 week cooldown and/or take part in some tournament/cup before playing classic?
 Just a simple idea.

Edit: Maybe some forum posts or requesting to play in a new board could work too.

Spoiler! View
C'mon, reset leagues already! I'll play it again!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 12:01 AM by Kaleu »
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓