Forums
April 29, 2024, 06:37 PM

Author Topic: Arrange the playoffs (IMPORTANT! There will be deadlines!)  (Read 18058 times)

Re: Arrange the playoffs (IMPORTANT! There will be deadlines!)
« Reply #75 on: September 07, 2010, 07:10 PM »
I suggest next saturday 6PM GMT for one of the following games:

CF vs CFC (S11 finals)
DoH vs CFC (S12 finals)
DoH vs CFC (S14 semifinals)
PS vs CF (S13 semifinals)

I think TdC vs DoH will be played soon, considering they've found each other twice already so far.

« Reply #76 on: September 07, 2010, 07:18 PM »
doh won 3-0. we played them yesterday
"since most people tend to the order side, its my job to spread chaos" -peja

Offline lalo

« Reply #77 on: September 07, 2010, 07:19 PM »
Doh, this friday at 21 gmt?

Offline darKz

« Reply #78 on: September 07, 2010, 07:31 PM »
I'll be there.

Edit: Also, ps would you please give us a time and date? Preferably around 18-22 GMT.. We tried to arrange this game spontaneously numerous times now, didn't really seem to work out. :)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 07:34 PM by darKz »
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline tita

• Sempre com a rola Durissima!

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 08, 2010, 12:15 PM »
i call him in msn, but he cant  answer

Offline Camper

« Reply #80 on: September 08, 2010, 01:15 PM »
If your 1st pick is rope or stuff, we can play since 15pm if defaults only 20 pm. That's all!

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #81 on: September 11, 2010, 09:12 PM »
How are these games coming along!?

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #82 on: September 11, 2010, 09:31 PM »

If you choose not to reply/get your games played before September 6th, you/your clan will be excluded from the next playoffs.
If you think this is too harsh, just consider that some playoffs have been waiting for 6 months and something needs to be done. There's little point in playoffs if they're not getting done.

We'd like things to go smoothly and if possible, to have all playoffs finished when season 16 starts.

So.. who are we looking at to exclude from playoffs!? Still season 12 and 13 need to be finished and all three players involved are in the same timezones roughly and active on tus and wormnet.. Random00, crash and dibz lets finish these games!

« Reply #83 on: September 23, 2010, 07:37 PM »
So.. who are we looking at to exclude from playoffs!? Still season 12 and 13 need to be finished and all three players involved are in the same timezones roughly and active on tus and wormnet.. Random00, crash and dibz lets finish these games!

These games should've been played by that deadline:
CFC vs CF (season 11)
daina vs crash (season 13)
titahemp vs dibz (season 13)
l2uckus vs Dibz (season 14)
CFC vs DoH (season 14)

Arranging games is not a strong point here, it seems, so here's what we're gonna do. These games are going to be played on set times during the weekend. Saturday is probably the day with most opportunities, since they're free days for most and there's a free day after.

CFC vs CF (season 11) is going to be played next saturday (25th of september) at 19:00 GMT (or 7PM GMT) or earlier
daina  vs crash  (season 13) is going to be played saturday 2nd of october at 19:00 GMT (or 7PM GMT) or earlier
titahemp  vs dibz  (season 13) is going to be played saturday 2nd of october at 19:00 GMT (or 7PM GMT) or earlier
l2uckus vs dibz  (season 14) is going to be played saturday 9th of october at 19:00 GMT (or 7PM GMT) or earlier
CFC vs DoH (season 14) is going to be played saturday 9th of october at 19:00 GMT (or 7PM GMT) or earlier

Other open games:
dibz  vs Random00  (season 12) is going to be played saturday 16th of october at 17:00 GMT (or 5PM GMT) or earlier
CFC vs DoH (season 12) is going to be played saturday 16th of october at 19:00 GMT (or 7PM GMT) or earlier
DoH vs CF (season 13) is going to be played saturday 23rd of october at 19:00 GMT (or 7PM GMT) or earlier

I'd like to point out that this is not a decision I made on my own.
You're free to play your games earlier than the proposed time, of course and we'd prefer if you did. But if you don't, keep this in mind:
  • If you don't show at the time and the game wasn't played before, then you/your clan will be kicked out of the playoffs you missed out on.
  • If you/your clan misses 2 of these times, you/your clan will be excluded from the next available playoff.
  • If a date passes and both players/clans don't appear, then both players/clans are kicked out of that playoff. If this happens in a final, that season is cancelled.
If you or your clan gets kicked out, you can complain, but it will do you no good. These playoffs have been known for a long time and they need to be done. Once a player/clan is kicked out, the decision is final.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 09:19 PM by DarkOne »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #84 on: September 23, 2010, 07:55 PM »
Nevermind, I notice you just corrected this by the time I posted lol.

Good choice, I fully back up this choice, I believe you have to be strict about things or people get lazy.

Good job :)

« Reply #85 on: September 23, 2010, 08:01 PM »
Cheers :) Post updated: now with colour!

I also added the time/day in the first post

Offline darKz

« Reply #86 on: September 26, 2010, 12:12 AM »
cFc picks RR - cFc wins
CF picks BnG - CF wins
cFc picks WxW - cFc wins
CF picks T17 - CF wins

So here's my side of the story.. We played all those games, and hearing that we had a draw in the T17, Unique said he won't have time for the last pick because he's gotta work tomorrow (we finished the T17 at around 1:30am German time which means we spent a good 3:30h playing all the picks thus far).

Final pick of cFc, only SPW and I were left on CF's side and we say literally "we can't play a rope scheme now because Unique had to go and sleep already", furthermore "if it's roper we can play it at another time". We then said it's fine if it's anything but Roper. So lalo went ahead and put a selfmade Shopper-Cavern-Maze-RR-ish map. It's not like I didn't believe him, he said they're playing on those maps every time they pick Shopper but you should've seen the map.. They know SPW is not a great roper (hence why we couldn't play a Roper with just the two of us), yet they put such a map. Then I checked for some TUS rule about the playoffs and found this, because Random00 once told me it's not allowed to pick Shopper and WxW in the same set of PO games:

Quote from: TUS Rules
In the Classic League, the first four games must include two rope based schemes (Rope Race, Roper, WxW/Shopper) ...

Mind the "/" between WxW and Shopper.

Anyway, after a while of discussing both SPW and I were kind of pissed off. Then they wanted to let daiNa host a normal Shopper map but after all that arguing SPW was like "god no, i won't play a shopper now when i'm so upset".

On #AG DarkOne and Chicken joined the conversation and, well you know what you guys said.

I'm fine with playing cFc's last pick some other time, I just can't be arsed now after the arguing, just tell us the scheme and a day & time, we'll be there and play it.

And before you guys say "that's bad luck, deadline is deadline", please consider how it was 1:30am for us while it was around 7:30pm for them. People do have lives despite of deadlines. We've shown that we're willing to get the games done, but not like this.

Good night. ::)

Edit: Attached log from the last host we were in, before the final pick should've been played.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 12:32 AM by darKz »
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

« Reply #87 on: September 26, 2010, 12:53 AM »
Hello. First of all, good games.
Secondly, I'm attaching the log of the game lobby in this post.
Thirdly:
And before you guys say "that's bad luck, deadline is deadline", please consider how it was 1:30am for us while it was around 7:30pm for them.
You were willing to stay longer and play Hysteria or Elite had we chosen to play any of these (as shown in the log). The fact that your team lineup wasn't optimal is irrelevant here: so was our lineup. And the fact that we get the last scheme pick is because our clan ended with a higher rating that season, so you have to abide by this rule. You can't force use to not choose Roper.

Guys, I know it sucks. We were all forced to come to this arbitrarily scheduled time. Each of the clans arrived the best we could. We were limited, but we all did our best. We even managed to go through four games. And when it's so close to finally get done with this neverending playoff, you decide that having to play our pick is unfair to your clan? Of course it's unfair, if you think it was even possible you can actually get all our clanmembers in the same channel, the same day, the same hour and get everyone to play their best schemes. But that's not how it is, and that's not how it was arranged. It was not possible. And it sucks, but you have to accept it.
Please have in mind that we were willing to accept it had we been in your shoes.

Finally, my personal opinion, not necessarily my clan's: Winning by walkover is really lame, but I wouldn't like that CF actually got away with it. I wouldn't mind it being cancelled, since it's a hell old season anyway. It's up to the mods.

Edit: oops it took me long to post this and didn't see darkz' edit of him attaching the log. :O
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 12:57 AM by Auto »

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #88 on: September 26, 2010, 01:03 AM »
cFc has the choice to take the win or have the season 11 clanner playoffs voided.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 01:05 AM by Chicken23 »

« Reply #89 on: September 26, 2010, 01:15 AM »
Unfortunate turn of events :( We didn't expect the playoffs to last that long when these times were decided...
So before we dive into the current problem, we've changed the times for future games to 7PM GMT instead of 8PM GMT and I've edited both posts .
Please keep in mind that I do understand where you're coming from. I've had plenty of tourneys that took very long and those nightly hours isn't the preferred time to finish the game. Especially annoying if lagouts occurred and people had to check everything before accepting anything in the order of handicaps.
That said, it's late here too, so I might seem incoherent (or more incoherent than usual, if you will ;)). I'll reread everything tomorrow after a good night's rest.

But at the moment, here's the bottom line
CF raises a good point about it being late.
CFC raises a good point about this game needing to be played now.

These games have been in the making for over 3 months now and we tried to pick a day/time that would fit most people. Sometimes people have to work during the weekend (Unique), but there are less people working weekends than working on weekdays. This is why we picked saturday; for most it's a free day, followed by another free day.
It took over 3 months to play even the first game of these playoffs and even now, it only happened because people rescheduled especially for these playoffs. Who is to say postponing this last game won't take another 3 months?

We also disussed the lineup with SPW (not sure if you were there the whole time, I don't think you were). If my information is correct, lalo played the BnG for cFc (it hasn't been reported yet), but if you take a look at lalo's BnG rating: https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/graphs/members/lalo-BnG-all-max/
You'll see it's not his best scheme. I'm certain cFc has better BnGers, but they did not protest.

I'd also like to point out one more thing. It doesn't count towards handling this particular situation (and it shouldn't), but I still feel it ought to be pointed out for future problems regarding time.

The log of the pre-game lobby ends at [2010-09-25 23.44.00]
« Last Edit: Today at 12:32 am by darKz »
If you had played the shopper, you could've been in bed about 15 minutes (maybe more) before your last edit was done :) If it were a T17 that still needed to be played, it would be a whole different ballgame, but shoppers are usually done in 20-30 minutes with a very small chance for a draw.

If you can't find this acceptable, I'll ask MI to weigh in on this (because you did show up for the playoffs after all), but for now the decision stands.

I see chicken also posted before I had the pleasure of clicking 'Post' and I agree with him.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 01:18 AM by DarkOne »