Forums
April 27, 2024, 02:41 PM

Author Topic: Clanners messed up 2  (Read 8836 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Clanners messed up 2
« on: July 11, 2010, 02:00 PM »
I am making a new thread with this, because no one is threatening anyone else, no one is even swearing or using extreme insults, I see worse debates on TV with professional politicians being mor einsulting and using more vulgor language.  

We are keeping this more civilised than practically any other thread with a heated debate like this so there is absolutely NO need to close and lock this thread, we are NOT kids, we do NOT need your petty supervision ok?

If you choose to lock this again when theres nothing even wrong, then you lose my respect as a friend, you can at least let CF answer my question:

CF, can you PLEASE try and clan us (CKC) a bit more please?

Edit here:

Oh and D1/MI etc, what about the idea a few of us mentioned about raising the win percentage and or the amount of games needed to qualify, can we have a vote or something?

Re: Clanners messed up 2
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 02:35 PM »
Komo, could you see stop with the cf case. They can read, they understood your point, there's no need to continu spaming them. The only thing you will win is getting avoided because they won't enjoy play with you (or feel like it). More over, sending pm for this kind of discution is  imo better than general loud.
Edit here:

Oh and D1/MI etc, what about the idea a few of us mentioned about raising the win percentage and or the amount of games needed to qualify, can we have a vote or something?

As I said before, I think the clanner league is enough active to increase the number of game requiered per season. I'd like to hear what think some clan league moderators.

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 05:37 PM »
this is true, clan doH too not only tdc -.-

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 06:19 PM »
Well I don't see why zipp, darKz personally knows i'm a generally nice bloke to play, I don't spam ingame etc or insult, anyway, can we progress with the actual vote thing?

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 07:26 PM »
If you choose to lock this again when theres nothing even wrong, then you lose my respect as a friend, you can at least let CF answer my question:

I locked it because I felt an everybody-vs-CF thread served no purpose other than to annoy people (mostly CF).

to quote zippeurfou:
Komo, could you see stop with the cf case. They can read, they understood your point, there's no need to continu spaming them. The only thing you will win is getting avoided because they won't enjoy play with you (or feel like it). More over, sending pm for this kind of discution is  imo better than general loud.

MI is the one in charge of the league, so only he can answer what to will happen to the league.
Did you mean winning percentage as a key requirement or as the main reason for qualifying at all?
I personally feel winning percentage shouldn't count for the reason mentioned in the other thread, but my opinion could of course be wrong entirely :)

As for the minimum amount of games required: I don't know. What would you feel is a reasonable number?

And keep in mind: of the 20 clans that played in season 13, only 8 played more than 60 games.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2010, 09:08 PM »
Yeah D1 only 8 did, but 8 is good, and should be the best 4 of those 8 that make the final cut.

I think 100 games is fair, 100 games in like 45 days, is easy, more than easy, thats more or less 2 games a day and a few days 3-4, SO easy, if you can't manage that then somethings wrong lol.

I think the winning percentage should be at least 60%

Offline Csongi

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2010, 09:19 PM »
100 too much imo...
"Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work." - Robert Orben

[avirex`mm] ill rape ur mother
[avirex`mm] twice in the same night
[avirex`mm] and she will ask for a third
[avirex`mm] cuz she's a whore

kins> Don't let girls ruins ur tus games :)

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2010, 09:35 PM »
If 100 games had been the minimum, then 5 clans would've been eligible for the playoffs in season 13.

edit: if you also include the 60% winning ratio, then 2 of those clans would no longer be eligible (including TdC, but we both know they deserved their playoff spot)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2010, 10:01 PM »
Yes but remember a few clans are playing the minimum amount of games required for playoffs, if you raise it, they will play more.

60% is fine, alot of clans do 60+ every season.

Offline avirex

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2010, 10:55 PM »

edit: if you also include the 60% winning ratio, then 2 of those clans would no longer be eligible (including TdC, but we both know they deserved their playoff spot)

if they did not get atleast 60% then maybe they dont deserve the spot...    but thats just my opinion...

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2010, 11:03 PM »
What avi said, I honestly think this is justified, and i'm not just saying that because CKC always get at least 60% it's true, a clan that deserves playoffs should meet high requirements, after all it's supposed to be the best clans who make it isn't it?

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2010, 12:18 AM »
Well, imo raisin the win percentage is not that good. This will just increase the noob bashing + avoiding.
But the max number of game is good. 100 game is not that much. There are some clan who seems to play the minimum number of game to reach po in order to keep their rating (as some may suggest). If you increase the number of game they'll have to play more and i'm sure they will :).
I think, it's worth testing. We are in vacation period if you can get clan play that much, this mean they'll be able to play that much at any time during the year :).

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2010, 01:42 AM »
Thanks for the input zipp, i'm glad we're finally getting somewhere, can we make this an official post?

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2010, 06:13 AM »
As zipp stated, increasing 50% will bring us noob bashing and avoiding. But I guess we can make number of games up to 80 games.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2010, 09:18 AM »
Can we at least try 90 MI?

Either way, thank you.