Forums
April 26, 2024, 11:51 AM

Author Topic: playoff is not fair!!!  (Read 6432 times)

Offline BoNuS

playoff is not fair!!!
« on: March 01, 2011, 12:49 PM »
Why is zippo in the playoffs?? played little this season a and so got, and the other players play more and not get, so that the game since the beginning of the league, and gathered up more points.
Almog also has a lot of points, played more this season and is not in the playoffs.
this is NOT FAIR!!!
!!! FULL Pack `TTRR` Maps By BoNuS !!! -- https://www.tus-wa.com/files/download/file-210-1/
!!! All Maps By BoNuS !!! -- https://www.tus-wa.com/maps/members/BoNuS/

Offline franz

Re: playoff is not fair!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 01:48 PM »
playoffs/standings system changes tomorrow for future seasons, hopefully for better.

even still, zippo is a very good player, and # of games -> playing more games than anyone, does not mean you deserve a playoff spot more than anyone. (what if you play 200+ games vs very low ranked?)

under current system, zippo did enough to deserve a playoff spot because he has a very strong history in overall rating -> and he proved he can play 80+ games without dropping that overall rating.

Offline BoNuS

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 02:06 PM »
what is the whole statistics to current season. these players with a lot of points is a lot so why just zippo!!!
why a player who plays little play in playoff, and others (new players) although they have more from him this season did not play IS NOT FAIR!!!
!!! FULL Pack `TTRR` Maps By BoNuS !!! -- https://www.tus-wa.com/files/download/file-210-1/

Offline TitiO

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 02:18 PM »
lol franz.. u r a Zippo fan.. this is sux

1st one that i see saying it =P

Offline franz

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 02:27 PM »
 :P titio, many actually think like I do, that zippo is a really good all-round player, but since his attitude annoys everyone.. no one wants to give him the respect he might deserve if he were less annoying.

BoNuS, the current season gives playoff spots like this:
#1 seed, #3 seed, #5 seed, #7 seed go to the top 4 in SEASON RATING
#2 seed, #4 seed, #6 seed, #8 seed go to the top 4 in OVERALL RATING

zippo has the highest overall rating and 80+ games, so he gets the #2 seed.

all this changes next season though -> new system.

Offline chakkman

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 03:37 PM »
what is the whole statistics to current season. these players with a lot of points is a lot so why just zippo!!!
why a player who plays little play in playoff, and others (new players) although they have more from him this season did not play IS NOT FAIR!!!
He reached the number of games required to be qualified for playing the po's, his win-loss ratio is 82.11% with 78 games won and 17 games lost, so why on earth wouldn't he deserve to be in the playoffs? The only thing that's bullshit is that he's ranked 16th in the seasonal standings, he should be way higher in the standings. But as franz said, the system will change and hopefully stuff like that won't happen with the new system.

Offline Random00

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 07:21 PM »
He reached the number of games required to be qualified for playing the po's, his win-loss ratio is 82.11% with 78 games won and 17 games lost, so why on earth wouldn't he deserve to be in the playoffs?

because he proved in season 15 and season 16 that he doesnt care too much about playoffs at all.... I think there should be something done about this..

Offline franz

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 08:44 PM »
He reached the number of games required to be qualified for playing the po's, his win-loss ratio is 82.11% with 78 games won and 17 games lost, so why on earth wouldn't he deserve to be in the playoffs?

because he proved in season 15 and season 16 that he doesnt care too much about playoffs at all.... I think there should be something done about this..

you know my opinion: 20 days per playoff round, absolutely no excuses allowed. kick out people wasting people's time.

Offline darKz

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2011, 08:59 PM »

You get it now Bonus? You may be #2 this season, but you're a small fish in the overall standings. ;)
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline SPW

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2011, 09:26 PM »
Moaning against Zippo doesnt mean you get automaticely applaud by everyone. In this case you are wrong Bonus. Read everything from franz or watch for the picture by darKz.

Zippo absolutely deserves that playoff spot.

btw: I wish Zippo good luck :)

Offline Almog

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2011, 09:52 PM »
what's the new system?

Offline franz

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2011, 10:11 PM »
what's the new system?

the foundation is similar: seasonal rating still resets to 1000. overall rating still carries over every season.

only now, your seasonal rating has the chance to jump much higher at season starts. your 1000 season rating acts like it's the only rating you have, and you gain points comparing that season rating vs your opponent's overall rating. likewise, your opponent's 1000 season rating acts alone, and they win/lose points comparing that season rating vs your own overall rating.

in this way, the overall rating acts only as a "skill meter." it determines how many points YOU win/lose from their overall rating, and it determines how many points THEY win/lose from your overall rating. so points won/lost on both sides will often not be the same amount. then behind all this, the overall rating goes up/down as normal as the current system we have now, so seasonal rating doesn't affect that change in overall rating.

not confusing I hope

Offline BoNuS

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2011, 09:20 AM »
WTF why zippo is 2nd  and I am 3rd WTF f@#!ing skills.
this is the game of the season and not a general, You can lock me in the ass, I got it to the cheaters will not play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2011, 09:22 AM »
Bonus, YOU are 2nd in Seasonal (for that specific Season)

Zippo is 2nd Overall.

Do you understand the concept of Overall Ratings? They are MUCH more important than Seasonal.

In the past, Zippo was 1st/2nd for some Seasons when his Rating was very low, like yours, but because he has so many points for each scheme now, he wins less points, so either way, his rating/score for Overall AND Seasonal is still more impressive than yours.

Do you understand how Playoffs work and how they are seeded?

You should research this stuff and learn why things are the way they are...