Forums
May 29, 2024, 05:42 AM

Author Topic: Season 21 playoffs  (Read 19254 times)

Offline Almog

Re: Season 21 playoffs
« Reply #75 on: September 20, 2011, 03:41 AM »
perhaps it's better if they started with bng tho :P

Offline seBa

« Reply #76 on: September 20, 2011, 05:43 AM »
well if you play at that hours Im out from this xd

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #77 on: September 20, 2011, 05:59 AM »
Chick, we can't say we won't pick something, we intend to win this lol.

This really really is sad, literally everyone from both clans are trying their hardest to come up with a time to meet, because no one wants to forfeit their good members and lose because they couldn't play with their best team, and all franz says is "one of you will get kicked out if this continues".

I don't mean to sound rude franz, but you need to calm the f@#! down with that attitude, it's all good when people are genuinely being lazy, and you DO do a great job, all the time, but on this occasion it's blindingly obvious we are all trying really hard here to arrange something and it's actually a little offensive you come out and say that to all of us...

Remember we ain't all kids no more, most of us have jobs n some of us even families.

Chick, I am off work Thursday, me and madog can do the BnG almost anytime after 6gmt, but it's daina/artic you gotta wait for, daina literally doesn't get home till something like 22gmt, cuz in South America it's like 6pm or something.

EDIT:  Just checked my PM, daina says she can make 21:30gmt, so me and madog can do BnG at 20:30gmt.

Is that ok then?

Offline franz

« Reply #78 on: September 20, 2011, 07:24 AM »
I only say these things 1) as motivation and 2) as reality. I want it to be clear so no one complains at the deadline. Kicking anyone is the last thing I want to see, but it happens. I don't want anyone to be surprised, but most of all, games getting finished is the ultimate goal. handling playoffs isn't a glamorous job, I'm just doing what I feel is my best.

I only started these words after 2 weeks, when I did not see a solid plan yet. ideally, it should not that long, yet here we are, 23 days in out of 30 days, and still there is doubt.

I really do hope everything works out, 22nd thursday is it? if it does, we can move on, and put this behind us.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #79 on: September 20, 2011, 08:34 AM »
You are totally right mate I couldn't agree more, but maybe in future you could try word it in a way that shows you have taken into account the good effort of both parties?

« Reply #80 on: September 20, 2011, 12:42 PM »
maybe in future you could try word it in a way that shows you have taken into account the good effort of both parties?

???

Anyway, we're not denying the effort put in this, but at some point, you're going to have to change your tactics in arranging games. Splitting up your games for example: friday is the bng, saturday is the timetrial, elite is played on monday, etcetera. This means that at the playoff time, you don't need to have 10 people present, but 4 at a time. Much more likely for that to happen.
Another idea is compromising about which players are going to attend the games. Every clan prefers to have their best players for certain schemes present, but only a few make it their top priority.

Food for thought if the games aren't played on the 22nd :)

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #81 on: September 20, 2011, 11:02 PM »
So we agree to start the games at 20:30 gmt with your pick 1st followed by CKC's and so on?

Offline Bry4N

« Reply #82 on: September 20, 2011, 11:04 PM »
Smok, Im in WNT all the days at  00:00 gtm

« Reply #83 on: September 21, 2011, 02:09 AM »
So we agree to start the games at 20:30 gmt with your pick 1st followed by CKC's and so on?

yes
we will be there

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #84 on: September 21, 2011, 06:01 AM »
maybe in future you could try word it in a way that shows you have taken into account the good effort of both parties?

???

Anyway, we're not denying the effort put in this, but at some point, you're going to have to change your tactics in arranging games. Splitting up your games for example: friday is the bng, saturday is the timetrial, elite is played on monday, etcetera. This means that at the playoff time, you don't need to have 10 people present, but 4 at a time. Much more likely for that to happen.
Another idea is compromising about which players are going to attend the games. Every clan prefers to have their best players for certain schemes present, but only a few make it their top priority.

Food for thought if the games aren't played on the 22nd :)

Mate, I would love to do that, but unfortunately alot of other people involved in PO don't check forums as often as for example, me, so trying to arrange scheme by scheme is a nightmare and is nothing but a pipe dream lol.

CKC, I look forward to tomorrow looks like we both have nice lineups, let's make this one to remember xDxD

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #85 on: September 23, 2011, 12:02 AM »
2-3 to CKC

gg's cfc.

ps, when is good for you to play finals?

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #86 on: September 23, 2011, 12:15 AM »
Yah I loved that BnG Tom, was really nice, anyway I hope you guys win now haha xD

Can I watch the BnG of the Final please? I want to support my fellow b2b legend masta ziom ! xD

Congrats again and good luck in the Final guys !

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #87 on: September 23, 2011, 03:56 AM »

Good games and great attitude. Thanks.
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline sock

« Reply #88 on: September 23, 2011, 04:05 AM »

u guys got lucky, should of been ours. xD goodluck in finals
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 04:10 AM by sock »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #89 on: September 23, 2011, 06:23 AM »

u guys got lucky, should of been ours. xD goodluck in finals

Ahahaha xD I really really wanna do alot more BnG's with Chicken/surgeon, that was great, hopefully finish the game in 1 game this time though haha xD

Last turns was funny cuz lalito was telling me "ah you idiot, you will lose now, why you f@#! about to do these hard shots" I was like "relax, madog has it" then boom gg xD

Tbh it was the highlight of WA the month for me that game, I was looking forward to it for like 3 weeks xD I can't wait till the next time xD