Forums
May 01, 2024, 12:22 AM

Author Topic: Meat & Potatoes Productions just might be getting the band back together.  (Read 2755 times)

Offline hundreds

• Meat & Potatoes Productions

• United States United States
  • C'mon dude. You can easily make that jump.
    • View Profile
Hey guys!

Recently got the itch to start map making again. Haven't really played worms in ages... but boy do I want to draw something. So I figured, hey! Might as well do some Worms Armageddon and Worms Reloaded maps.

Forgive me while I become familiar with this board. Also, greetings to all my old worms buddies, if you are still here.
Get all of your favorite MnP custom-designed maps for Worms Armageddon and Worms Reloaded at www.mnpp.net!

Offline HHC

excellent!!

No doubt M&P maps are the greatest ever done for worms :)

There's 1 thing i'd love to see... fort maps
They were really nice in Reloaded and all we have here in WA are the ones we copied from the WWP disc and a bunch of forts that are 'nothing' more than a bunch of lines and shapes. Would be awesome to have ones in the style of W:R.  :-[

Offline Ytrojan

You are 666 times better than taner, M&P!
Imagine What a Buck Could Do!

I now declare a brand new league (and the successor to the failed Ultra League): WormsRF!

Offline hundreds

• View Profile
Thanks guys! Worms mapping is really one of our only outlets for artistic expression these days, so hey, might as well jump back in.

Although I am not really familiar with taner... we have never really been very interested in mapping competition. There is so much talent in the mapping community.

As far as Worms Forts are concerned, MnP have actually released a couple of Forts maps over the years. In fact, we have released exactly two.

1. Family Feud - http://wmdb.org/15653

2. Scurvy - http://wmdb.org/15896

Both of these maps can be found at www.wmdb.org and our website, www.mnp.net.

Give 'em a try! They are super fun.

Also, you might be happy to know, the map that we are currently working on was abandoned a while back and it was also a Forts style map. The premise of the map is that of a ravaged space station that had just been hit and torn apart by meteorites. This cut the station in half and now presents two opposing sides to fight from. The map is titled Derelict and is nearing the 60% completion point. :)

Here are a couple of teaser shots:

Should be finished relatively soon.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 07:29 PM by hundreds »
Get all of your favorite MnP custom-designed maps for Worms Armageddon and Worms Reloaded at www.mnpp.net!

Offline HHC

That's the stuff  8)

Very very nice work hundreds  :)

Offline Casso

Awesome man ! Keep it up :)

Offline WhiteRqbbit

Wow!  :)

Fantastic dude. Few people make such high quality maps; these even outdo Team17's style.

Will Sandra Bullock be making a cameo?

Offline Kaleu

Thats what I call good graphics..  8)
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline hundreds

• View Profile
Thanks everyone. We work pretty hard at this stuff.

Kinda miss doing it - it's been probably a couple years since the last one. Part of the reason we took some time off is because there was a time a few years back where we were possibly going to be contracted by Team17 to design maps as DLC for Worms Reloaded. But a lot of things just didn't fall in to place. Multiple times it seemed like we were just about to set something up and then it would become delayed and, at this point, it looks like it's not going to happen.

So that's why Derelict has been delayed for so long. It was originally to be part of a 3-pack space-themed Worms Reloaded DLC. This meant that Worms Armageddon support for this map would be nil because we couldn't freely release what now belonged to Team17. But, kinda happily, that is no longer a problem. So Derelict will now find its way into the Worms Armageddon platform as well as Reloaded!

It's funny, I actually thought that maybe when we returned enough time would have passed for Worms Armageddon to finally have 32-bit color... but as far as I can tell, that still hasn't happened. :(

Offline HHC

Didn't know you guys were working on that  ???

Too bad WA doesn't support that many colours, but doesn't it have some advantages over W:R as well?
I can remember it being pretty hard/annoying to create maps for W:R and sharing them. + WA has a much bigger fanbase  :)

Offline hundreds

• View Profile
Yeah I really don't know what the fan base is like for either of the games. WR is now 2+ years old, although I really love its play style and the visual effects they added in. WA is the classic but its fanbase must be made up of guys and girls over 35 at this point, I am guessing.

As far as controls are concerned, WA was and continues to be the best. If we had full color, I would have a hard time supporting WR at that point. WA also allows for virtually any map size which is great. It's that very reason why Pit of Carkoon never made it to WR. That map continues to be a WA-exclusive.

And yeah, was kinda hoping to go commercial with the maps but hey, we're happy people enjoy playing on them.

In browsing the site, I noticed that there is currently one MnP map in the system. Looks like it was uploaded last in 2013. It is currently credited to the author "Mnp". Does that mean, in order to maintain and update that map I will need to change my name to Mnp, or open a new account? I didn't even know you had a map database here. Usually when we release maps, we submit the WA versions to wmdb.org and the WR ones we used to submit to Wormgineers.com. Of course all of the maps are always available at mnpp.net. But I would be happy to maintain all of the CURRENT versions of every MnP map on this site as well, since it seems this will end up being our new home for level design.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Offline hundreds

• View Profile
And now something strange... If you go to the maps section and search for MNP, I now see 6 maps coming up, 2 of which look kind of like Titanic and Airforce 1 but are all nasty and busted up. Of the 4 maps that look like ours, 3 of them are credited to BTP (who's that?) and all 4 of them are old versions of our maps.

I would really like to be able to administer our maps on this site, but it seems like I am not sure how to proceed. Is it possible to request deleting all of the MnP maps so that I can upload the proper versions of them myself?

Thanks!

Offline Korydex

hundreds, these came from Blame The Pixel archive sorry (=
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 08:20 AM by Korydex »