Forums
April 29, 2024, 09:48 AM

Author Topic: ALL METAL FANS POST HERE!!!!!  (Read 39321 times)

Offline Anubis

Re: ALL METAL FANS POST HERE!!!!!
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2013, 04:58 PM »
ah, something else comes to my mind:
there's a festival every year, only 20 km away from here: www.gond.de
it's kind of a memorial fest for the german band böhse onkelz.
again this is not a nazi band.
nevertheless: there's problems with violent nazis every year.

i think a band doesnt need to have nazi lyrics to be appealing to nazi listeners.

Edited to be more nice and not make a drama out of it. :)

i cant see any drama here. the topic is called "all metal fans post here". so why not discuss about it instead of posting youtube links only.

but not to let the music get out of focus completely. this is the stuff i like:

You will find Nazi audience to many bands outside of the pop culture, that's because some people like to associate lyrics different than the artist intention, they make up their own reasons. You mention Böhse Onkelz, which personally I have no clue about them. But what comes to my mind is the case where Rammstein was associated with being right-winged, I think that people jump on conclusions well to early when it comes to music and artists. Some bands really seek to provoke but that's okay imo, people getting manipulated by that are the real threat. You always have to keep in mind that music is also often not a reflection of the artists opinion, it's rather to provoke and make listeners aware of the issue. You should not instantly believe that what the band is lyrical speaking about is their vision or idea unless it's clearly stated outside of the music entertainment, at least that's how I see this.

I edited my initial post because I was being a bit too rude with my reasoning and I didn't want to ridicule your statement.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 05:04 PM by DeathInFire »

Offline HHC

« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2013, 06:17 PM »
Some nice intro's  :)

« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 06:31 PM by HHC »

Offline Anubis

« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2013, 10:31 PM »
You know what!?

You are an:

And Post # 666! :D
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 10:32 PM by DeathInFire »

Offline philie

« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2013, 09:15 AM »
You will find Nazi audience to many bands outside of the pop culture, that's because some people like to associate lyrics different than the artist intention, they make up their own reasons. You mention Böhse Onkelz, which personally I have no clue about them. But what comes to my mind is the case where Rammstein was associated with being right-winged, I think that people jump on conclusions well to early when it comes to music and artists. Some bands really seek to provoke but that's okay imo, people getting manipulated by that are the real threat. You always have to keep in mind that music is also often not a reflection of the artists opinion, it's rather to provoke and make listeners aware of the issue.

true.

You should not instantly believe that what the band is lyrical speaking about is their vision or idea unless it's clearly stated outside of the music entertainment, at least that's how I see this.

i would be very careful with that, cause:

I don't think anyone here has music on his playlist that they 100% agree with, politics wise.

wrong hhc, i try to listen only to stuff i can agree with.

100% agreed, politics wise for example:

Offline Anubis

« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2013, 05:02 PM »
You can have musical joy without agreeing to the lyrics. In fact the musical part is a lot more important to me than what the artist is singing about. Behemoth for example is more or less a satanic band, but I don't believe in hell&heaven and thus it's nonsense to me but Behemoth is just one of the best metal bands I know and, yeah, I would even listen to them if they all of the sudden change their topics to Nazi lyrics. I can easily differentiate between music and the message.

I understand some people have a hard time to enjoy music they don't lyrical agree with though. :)

Btw: Despite the bad 480p quality you can hear how well they handle their instrument, it's like a 100% copy of the studio album. Very high skilled musical artists indeed.

I love how we have a discussion and at the same time make connections to videos of bands that are mentioned in our discussion. xD
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 05:10 PM by DeathInFire »

Offline philie

« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2013, 06:01 PM »

Btw: Despite the bad 480p quality you can hear how well they handle their instrument, it's like a 100% copy of the studio album. Very high skilled musical artists indeed.

true. i saw them once on with full force festival. even if it's not my choice of music, the concert was awesome.

I love how we have a discussion and at the same time make connections to videos of bands that are mentioned in our discussion. xD

xD

speaking about handling instruments: i'm a great fan of these guys:

i even got half a guitar of them in my living room  :) they smashed the thing during a concert and threw it into the crowd. a friend of mine catched it and it became a birthday present.

Offline Ultraviolet

« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2013, 09:37 AM »
I suggest to you a Turkish heavy metal band; Pentagram(Mezarkabul). It established at 1987.

Offline ANO

« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2013, 10:47 AM »

Offline Bonhert

« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2013, 11:07 AM »
No one can destroy the metal
The metal will strike you down with a vicious blow
We are the vanquished foes of the metal
We tried to win for why, we do not know

We are the vanquished fools of the metal
We tried to play with things we do not know

PS.: @death metal: You don't have to believe in stuff to be affected by it. I've seen quite a lot of supernatural shit to say this.
PS2.: I recommend Head Welch gusy  8)!

Sure we could rope slower but it's not sexy!

Offline philie

« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2013, 12:00 PM »

Offline Tomi

« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2013, 06:10 PM »
About 10 years ago I used to listen this music, and now I've found it again :D

Offline ANO

« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2013, 07:32 PM »
About 10 years ago I used to listen this music, and now I've found it again :D

I ve also seen them, they where at a concert with rage against the machine and chemical brothers, but they are not metal xD But i d lie to f@#! her.. even if right now, their new album sucks at all.

Offline Tomi

« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2013, 07:41 PM »
Ye I know only this song of the band, but it's not bad (the other songs of the band sux) :D And I like the first comment under the video at youtube :D A stupid Hungarian guy was singing big in japan, but his English sucked very much xD

Offline Tomi

« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2013, 11:28 AM »
OZZY FTW!!!!  :D

Offline philie

« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2013, 03:32 PM »
About 10 years ago I used to listen this music

same here!

Ye I know only this song of the band, but it's not bad (the other songs of the band sux)

this one is also good: