Forums
April 29, 2024, 02:58 PM

Author Topic: ALL METAL FANS POST HERE!!!!!  (Read 39366 times)

Offline HHC

Re: ALL METAL FANS POST HERE!!!!!
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2013, 05:12 PM »

Svarga always makes me feel happy :-*
It's even better with the fans singing along  :)

Although I guess it's more folk than real metal.

Guess I should counterbalance that with some real noise  :D

And a classic haha

BOOOOBBIIEIEEESSSS
Despite the crude everything, it's a f@#!ing genious song.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2013, 07:21 PM »
in response to the Hyst discussion:

The first 30ish seconds is Hysteria, probably using the same kind of skill to create that kind of music, after that the beauty of all instruments (schemes) together.

Offline ANO

« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2013, 09:56 AM »
Have you heard about the new album of Black Sabbat? with Brad wilk drummer xD ?!
After 35 years D

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Offline ANO

« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2013, 10:52 AM »

Offline Anubis

« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2013, 04:30 PM »
Have you heard about the new album of Black Sabbat? with Brad wilk drummer xD ?!
After 35 years D

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Nope, not yet. ;D

Offline Anubis

« Reply #65 on: March 01, 2013, 06:13 PM »
Don't let this thread die!

We can share our "starting" experiences with metal.

When I was around 6 years old I was allowed to stay in my brothers room and watch them play video games. (one is 7 years older, the other 9) They both listened to Metallica and Helloween and the like. But when my brothers moved out of our house I kind of forgot the greatness that is Metal. When I turned 13 I got heavily into Rammstein and listened to them all the time. At some point I went to a friend who made Resident Evil fan-videos and in one of his Videos he used some part from Dimmu Borgir, he didn't really like Black metal but he liked a certain part there. He also listened to KoRn, Slipknot and the like which I didn't. Well I did like Dimmu Borgir and made some research what kind of metal is out there with my shitty ISDN (64k modem) and found a lot of bands. I picked Amon Amarth and was blown away by the brutality lol. Since then I slowly stopped listening to Rammstein but reintroduced myself to Helloween when I found old cassette records from my brothers and then downloaded them. Well, and that is basically how it all started. xD

Online Sbaffo

« Reply #66 on: March 01, 2013, 06:25 PM »
hmm are you asking for metal or rock starting? xD

Offline mae

« Reply #67 on: March 01, 2013, 07:15 PM »
 :-*

Offline Anubis

« Reply #68 on: March 01, 2013, 07:42 PM »
hmm are you asking for metal or rock starting? xD

Hmm, both? xD

I suppose you started with rock and then found metal?

Online Sbaffo

« Reply #69 on: March 01, 2013, 07:54 PM »
Ah yes, now i remember, when i started play guitar my teacher learnt me some nirvana's song, i really started like it and when my friend saw me playng them told me "i like rock too, come at home i'll make you listen some good bands" , since that day i've knew so many rock band and started like also some metal's band, like pantera or iron maiden. I still don't remember why i did start play guitar, that's really weird.

Offline philie

« Reply #70 on: March 02, 2013, 09:11 AM »
warning, lots of videos coming!

when is started listening to music, it began with mainstream stuff i saw on the german music tv viva. but i soon realised i did like the guitar stuff more than all the other shit that was cool these days (scooter, dj bobo and spice girls, lol). first cd i got was

all my friends around me started to listen to "similar" stuff, like

or

but someday on of my friends introduced me to slipknot. i think with this song:

this music stayed long with me and i took all the ups and down of the new metal wave. listening a lot to soulfly, spineshank, deftones, machine head and stuff like that.

examples coming  ;D

while this whole "nu metal" thing died off, i was listening to lots of old (mostly german) punk rock

for example

and from punk rock i slowly drifted into hardcore and then finally crust and disbeat.
and that is where is stayed (and still am). stuff like that (even if it's not really metal..) is my favorite choice of music (that is done with real instruments... cause i listen a lot to dubstep and drum and bass too..). this is the stuff that got me for years already and will for sure accompany me for way longer in my life:

« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 09:43 AM by philie »

« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2013, 10:21 PM »
Don't let this thread die!

We can share our "starting" experiences with metal.

When I was around 6 years old I was allowed to stay in my brothers room and watch them play video games. (one is 7 years older, the other 9) They both listened to Metallica and Helloween and the like. But when my brothers moved out of our house I kind of forgot the greatness that is Metal. When I turned 13 I got heavily into Rammstein and listened to them all the time. At some point I went to a friend who made Resident Evil fan-videos and in one of his Videos he used some part from Dimmu Borgir, he didn't really like Black metal but he liked a certain part there. He also listened to KoRn, Slipknot and the like which I didn't. Well I did like Dimmu Borgir and made some research what kind of metal is out there with my shitty ISDN (64k modem) and found a lot of bands. I picked Amon Amarth and was blown away by the brutality lol. Since then I slowly stopped listening to Rammstein but reintroduced myself to Helloween when I found old cassette records from my brothers and then downloaded them. Well, and that is basically how it all started. xD
Nice one.
I also started with Metallica, and my all time fav Iron Maiden, (<11) then I started to listen some grunge stuff (in early 90's  :-[ ) and later (15-18) stuffs like Helloween and some melodic black metal like dimmu borgir, old man's child, and the norwegian black metal and some swedish melodic death metal and some viking stuffs. But in 1999-2000, ALOT of bands, especially from scandinavia, changed ALOT... taking a commercial direction, too edited sound, also video clips... and I stop to listen alot of Scandinavian bands, and another Europeans, and then (>2001) I just focused into the north and south america black/death/thrash and some raw black/death/thash from australia, europe of course, asia, etc.

Offline ANO

« Reply #72 on: March 05, 2013, 10:03 AM »

« Reply #73 on: March 25, 2013, 11:07 PM »
Only cats, only hardcore!

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline philie

« Reply #74 on: March 25, 2013, 11:35 PM »
singers are two pit-bull terriers  :D