Forums
April 28, 2024, 03:51 AM

Author Topic: bodybuilding forum  (Read 29233 times)

Offline Desetroyah

Re: bodybuilding forum
« Reply #240 on: August 13, 2012, 11:46 AM »
ok dest.. maybe you could enlighten us as to some of these natural secrets

I'll entertain myself by taking your question as an honest one and replying to it.

I'll only divulge one and analyse it enough to make it understood.

Tip: After training (gym sessions in this "sport"), consume approximately 0.8grams of sugar per kg or lean body mass ( {body weight} - {body weight x fat percentage} ) before drinking your protein shake or take your protein meal. Btw, the meal after the gym should take place within half an hour from the end of the gym session.

Reason: after intense muscular exercise the body's glucose has been depleted and the body goes into catabolism (essentially muscles eating themselves so that they heal. a paradox but that's how the body works if left to act without sugar after exercise/work). Sugar acts as a catalyst in stopping this procedure whilst spiking insulin and provoking fat burn after your training session.

I consume 50g of sugar after gym in the form of either gummy bears (25 of those f@#!ers give enough sugar without many calories) or sesame bars (which I'm eating now in order to build mass. Note that sesame bars give around 1000+ calories in order to provide the needed sugar so I've turned my post-workout meal into a proper meal in this way).

The reason this is such a huge revelation to many is because sugar is considered a bad thing when talking about leaning down, or even when bulking up. Well, it isnt if used at the right moment in the correct form (not from syrup pancakes for example) and in the correct amount.

You can thank me when you've used it and seen the difference.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 12:22 PM by Desetroyah »

Offline cOke

« Reply #241 on: August 13, 2012, 04:19 PM »
it was an honest question
HNN4EVA

« Reply #242 on: August 13, 2012, 09:22 PM »
To be honest, I think that's pretty commonly known; at least within the United States gym community.

Offline cOke

« Reply #243 on: August 13, 2012, 09:36 PM »
nino  :D

HNN4EVA

Offline nino

« Reply #244 on: August 13, 2012, 09:43 PM »
xD.
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline van

• van-the-dral

• Poland Poland
  • RoH RoH clan

• Death to the randomness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 13, 2012, 10:28 PM »

Offline Desetroyah

« Reply #246 on: August 14, 2012, 12:37 AM »
To be honest, I think that's pretty commonly known; at least within the United States gym community.

well it was a revelation for me, and I found out only relatively recently, so yeh.

Still, I think the metabolism and the body frame I created through my years in swimming have provided an excellent jumping board for fitness competitions.

I'm planning on going for natural bodybuilding contests at around winter time, after the holidays or something

Offline style

« Reply #247 on: August 20, 2012, 09:16 PM »
I'll take some photos on weekend, then I'll post something more about supplements etc. xd

Offline Desetroyah

« Reply #248 on: August 21, 2012, 12:49 AM »
Last week was my week off gym, total relaxation of muscle and mind, I also ate like a pig xd

On my last pics I was on 79kg, right now I'm on ~83kg which now needs to be leaned down!

I'll be posting some pics with the final result after my first week of the serious training.

note: this week has 70-75% of 1rep max, 10-15reps per set, 3-4 sets per exercise, 4 exercises per muscle group, 60-120sec rest between sets and last set to failure, its f@#!ing tiring I can tell you that! first day today was 2h30mins, including abs workout and 25min cardio.. I couldnt lift my bottle of water in the gym after the workout!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 12:42 PM by Desetroyah »

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #249 on: August 24, 2012, 06:43 PM »
Well, Destroyah might not be, but im going on the gear in about a month.  I'll let you guys know how my cycle goes.  Ill be taking test and dbol for 10-12 weeks, havent decided yet. 

Offline Desetroyah

« Reply #250 on: August 24, 2012, 08:21 PM »
Well, Destroyah might not be, but im going on the gear in about a month.  I'll let you guys know how my cycle goes.  Ill be taking test and dbol for 10-12 weeks, havent decided yet. 

hope you recover soon man.

I got a f@#!ed up throat infection and I missed today's training, I'm planing on doing it tomorrow even though thats not too clever but f@#! it, 2 days of rest afterwards, just wanna finish my sessions for the week.

I'll be posting pics after tomorrow's session hopefully, I managed to stay on 83kg throughout this week (hence maintaining my gain) whilst leaning it down a bit, despite the 40degrees we have here which makes training, eating and dieting freakin hard!

Offline Desetroyah

« Reply #251 on: August 28, 2012, 08:45 AM »
So here they are!

This is me right now, at 6am, should've been in bed but remembered about the pic update I forgot heh.

I'm 82kg atm and going down slightly despite my sincerest efforts to stabilise and lean down, I hope 82kg will stick more than 83 did heh.

I'm obviously less lean than in last bunch of pics but clearly bulkier and I feel stronger and with more stamina than ever before in the gym atm.

Also, I started working on my poses but it'll take time for that to be perfected/improved and I need someone to take pics of me which isnt as easy as it sounds always heh.

Feel free to comment.

« Reply #252 on: August 28, 2012, 09:27 AM »
Very impressed man.  Jealous.

I'm totally out of sync with my training.  Comfort of a relationship has made me totally lazy and lose focus.  Focused on something but not training :<<<

Good luck man and keep up the great work.

Offline Desetroyah

« Reply #253 on: August 28, 2012, 09:45 AM »
Focused on something but not training :<<<

Hah, I'll just say this: last night we had a break with my gf and used the time to go to the kitchen and eat my meal xd

*wink wink*
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 09:53 AM by Desetroyah »

« Reply #254 on: August 28, 2012, 11:26 AM »
I tell ya.  The comfort of a relationship totally kills my motivation.  I'm dragging myself into my garage several times a week for a weight session but the intensity is not as good as it was.  I'm still doing one 7 mile run a week, my usual Tuesday night run.  So about 1 hour of cardio a week :/

If I keep going this way I'll be putting on the weight again soon.  I've put 4 pounds on in about 2 months which really isn't too bad considering the increased intake of alcohol and yummy restaurant food.  I guess I'm doing just about enough.

:<