Forums
April 28, 2024, 09:56 PM

Author Topic: Brazil World Cup 2014  (Read 3495 times)

Re: Brazil World Cup 2014
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2013, 11:47 PM »
well, actually I travelled a lot in my life, I've been several times in australia, had a us trip (nevada, utah, california and some more states), several destinations in europe (germany, austria, italy, france, spain, denmark, england, czech republic) and some trips to singapore, thailand and north africa.

But I admit, I've never been in south america.  ::)

Make a try man... The protests during the Conf. Cup were the largest ones since 1980(and some), there are't normal scenes for us. You could try coming before the Cup, and take a look on the country. Bahia, Rio, Gramado, Fortaleza, there are many grea places where you can't be robbed hehe

Just be careful if you see someone with a Corinthians t-shit on São Paulo or with a Flamengo one on Rio. Don't be afraid, normaly they just rob the very carelesses, like in Pelorinho(a touristic place in Bahia that i personaly don't like)

Offline SpideR

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2013, 06:26 AM »
SPW, nothing bad towards you i send.
I've been robbed before.

I am still having guts for the taking out the fun out of this life.

You?

Have you seen very coldy places? Very hot spot? A beer in the desert? A sweet woman when you thought you were alone?

Well, you ought experience the worst.

JUST TO KNOW WHAT IS REALLY BEST.

The best in your life, is my wish.

PS. i have swiss ascendant. must be a coincidence.

Offline Tambuz

• Chile Chile
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2013, 10:25 PM »
the sale started today at 8 am in chile, i logged in a few min earlier to the fifa website, had to wait over 20 min in a virtual line, and when i finally entered the screen where u got to choose ur tickets, there was NO availability at all, what a f@#!ong fraud, everyone is ranting @ how there werent any tickets for chile, at this point i havent seen a single post of someone saying he bought the tickets in today´s sale

Offline Turko

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2013, 03:56 AM »
Im planning to travel to europe at the same date... and ive a scale in Brasil (its Cordoba, Argentina -> Buenos Aires, Argentina -> Brasil (idk wich city yet) -> London, UK)... Any tips to dont get stuck in the airport in the world cup mess?
Asbest`FAW> after match I will complain to ffie 
MOD`Dmitry> ok i too 
TdC--Turko> and ill get a lawyer

Spoiler! View

TdC''Turko> When will you fix your pc?
TaG'G> Never
TaG'G> Or maybe next week

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2013, 11:35 AM »
Porto Alegre, Turko! Lets take a coffee in airport and playing some worms :D

Offline HHC

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2013, 05:26 PM »
*BUMP*

This friday is the draw  8) (6th december):

Pot 1: Brazil, Spain, Germany, Argentina, Uruguay, Belgium, Colombia, Switzerland
Pot 2: Netherlands, Italy, England, Portugal, Croatia, Greece, Russia, Bosnia-Herzegovina
Pot 3: USA, Mexico, Honduras, Costa Rica, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Iran
Pot 4: Ghana, Nigeria, Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Algeria, Chile, Ecuador, France

Weird pots!!

Switzerland ftw. And 4 damn south american teams in favourite pot.

So uhhh, Switzerland, Netherlands, Iran/Costa Rica, Algeria plz.
No offense MI, but your country sucks.

I will not say this to SPW, he's too much of a patriot, he'll never forgive me  ;D

Offline Turko

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2013, 05:45 PM »
I dont get it how fifa decides wich country goes in each pot... I mean if the leaders of every continent in preliminaries goes in pot 1... why is Uruguay in pot 1? (Uruguay ended 5th)... But if best ranked countries in fifa ranking goes in pot 1... why is France in pot 4, Chile in pot 4, etc...?  I dont get it
Asbest`FAW> after match I will complain to ffie 
MOD`Dmitry> ok i too 
TdC--Turko> and ill get a lawyer

Spoiler! View

TdC''Turko> When will you fix your pc?
TaG'G> Never
TaG'G> Or maybe next week

Offline HHC

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2013, 06:05 PM »
I dont get it how fifa decides wich country goes in each pot... I mean if the leaders of every continent in preliminaries goes in pot 1... why is Uruguay in pot 1? (Uruguay ended 5th)... But if best ranked countries in fifa ranking goes in pot 1... why is France in pot 4, Chile in pot 4, etc...?  I dont get it

It's based on fifa world ranking of October 2013 (see attachment).
Brazil gets into 1st pot as hosts of the cup, + the 7 best teams on the ranking.
After that they are divided by continent (to avoid getting 4 european teams in one group etc.).

The european pot however had 9 teams in it, so one had to be removed. It became France because lowest rated on the fifa ranking.

Offline nino

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2013, 01:29 AM »
well, actually I travelled a lot in my life, I've been several times in australia, had a us trip (nevada, utah, california and some more states), several destinations in europe (germany, austria, italy, france, spain, denmark, england, czech republic) and some trips to singapore, thailand and north africa.

But I admit, I've never been in south america.  ::)

Grow some balls gringo hauhauhuahua.

If someone come to Recife, just tell, will be able to meet the king and be safe around with me cos king ofc.
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2013, 02:49 AM »
Uruguay... wth is that

Offline Tambuz

• Chile Chile
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2013, 04:11 AM »
I still don't have tickets but I bought airplane tickets anyway, a direct flight from santiago is freakingly expensive so I'm taking a detour through bolivia
the thing is, I planned to do internal flights using smaller air companies like AZUL and GOL, but man, their websites are such a pain in the ass for foreigners, I haven't been able to even register because it assumes u're brazilian and ask for my (brazilian) national ID

Offline SpideR

« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2013, 02:24 AM »
LOL, complaints against them can be found in thousands in a site in Brazil.

But well, I found this @ tripadvisor.

Not sure that I could help you much, but GOL is often cheaper indeed, never did AZUL but its more and more popular (www.voeazul.com.br). Check TRIP too. They vary in costs from where to where regionally.

Good luck.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 02:30 AM by SpideR »

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2013, 10:13 AM »
AZUL (aka Blue in English), is the best one, trust me. Best flight service ever.

Offline Tambuz

• Chile Chile
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2013, 04:10 AM »
f@#!ing GOL website, couldn't buy the tickets during the weekend and when I was going to do it today, the price went up $280 compared to yesterday's, what a ripoff
anyway, I've got all the needed flights booked, so I'm going to be in sao paulo, cuiaba, rio, sao paulo and probably belo horizonte, any1 from there?

Offline SpideR

« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2013, 09:48 AM »
Im in Rio :)
and nearby... I travel a lot. Send me a PM later, keep in touch.

BTW, Did you consider using an external site for doing this order @ gol?
They will certeinly charge you something, but might be more secure or more certain since you're having problems.