Forums
April 30, 2024, 01:06 AM

Author Topic: Darkone or someone else maybe.  (Read 8691 times)

Offline Crazy

Re: Darkone or someone else maybe.
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2010, 01:34 AM »
Well my bad, Volcom fell or failed 1/2 times every 1/2 weeks lol.

I know this might sound a bit bad and some may disagree, but I don't think Volcom would be as good in todays age of Ropers, taking the maps people use in modern times into heavy consideration.

I strongly disagree Komo. Volcom has proved throughout so many years that he is one of the top ropers. You must remember that he played until the end of when XTC died, which is not that long time ago. If you only count TUS as "todays age of ropers", then he has some to prove, but I mean c`mon.. He played through wacl, wl, cl2k, fb, xtc and so on, and he was ALWAYS f@#!ing impossible to beat.. He is one of few players that has been active from start and until what I see as present time (XTC)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2010, 01:35 AM »
Crazy, I say taking maps into heavy consideration, meaning he would more than likely lose much more games than he used to due to crate rape.

Offline Crazy

« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2010, 01:39 AM »
Are we playing that much more difficult maps today then back then? I dont think so, only a small amount of players host maps that can cause great crate rape

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2010, 01:54 AM »
Are we playing that much more difficult maps today then back then? I dont think so, only a small amount of players host maps that can cause great crate rape

Damn right the maps were totally different back then lol, how long have you been playing for Crazy? If you been playing long enough you should remember, I noticed maps getting ridiculously hard around 3-4 years ago, they were fine before that, even I could go so many games without missing even one turn back then, now, even if I rope really good, i'm screwed lol.

Maps nowadays are higher, the sides are tighter, they have too many very very tight hides and zigzag tunnels, if you get a bad crate on the other side in one of these zigzag tunnels and silly hides, unless you can do pumps and pixels power spikes and scroll like anubis you will fail.

With crates like this there should be someway to add an extra 2-3 seconds to the clock.

There was that turn, in that worms video someone made, I think it was dextah, who got this incredibly hard crate and a perfect zook, but in reality, no one can rope like that every turn, alot of people can't even do it once, with luck.

Offline franz

« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2010, 02:16 AM »
Komo, I know you like to voice your opinion, but come on.. Volcom deserves all the praise people give him.  I'm one of the most competitive wormers out there, and I remember competing vs Volcom in his prime during league ropers.. and it was tough.  He did all the little things right.. knocking, perfect zooka shots, keeping his composure.  He did it all, and really well.

You definitely had some glory days when it came to roping, but that was mainly stylish/warmer roping (not to say that you still couldn't/can't compete well in league ropers).  You didn't specialize in league roping and you don't today.  The best league ropers will tell you that "today's roper maps" are not the reason people can use as an excuse for losing or even "crate rape" because it all comes down to you playing 100% and not making any mistakes.  It's been discussed many times.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2010, 04:14 AM »
I still think Volcom is the greatest league roper there has ever been, I just think he would lose a few more games nowadays with the maps people tend to use, due to not having enough time to get the crate rapes, and you do get ALOT of crate rape nowadays.

I did actually go through a phase where I tried hard for half a year with league roping, and I think I done very good, not as good as volcom, but close, I beat him a few times, although we didn't play much, which is a shame, does anyone have contact with him anyway?

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2010, 07:05 AM »
Crate rape is a myth. The best roper wins more then 9/10. If you watch replays, pay attention to how many oldschool ropers bitch about crates compared to other ropers. Its the new omfg SPACE! Unfortunately w:a's rules and roper scheme is flawed. There is a easy fix for people bitching about crates but no one wants to hear it.

As for maps, we were using harder maps then anyone uses today, on w2, 8 years ago at least and with only 12 second turn time and much more fd, with blocks being allowed.

Unfortunately I don't remember playing Volcom, so I can't attest to anything or have an opinion on that. But, I would love to have seen the best w:a ropers play the best w2 ropers. I know I would bet on Dizzy or Revival owning Volcom or anyone else from that era.

Different games and we had a head start on roping and its just opinions but its fun to think about  ;D 
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2010, 08:20 AM »
Crate rape isn't a myth lol, theres tons of proof out there if you can be bothered to look lol, thousands of replays probably alot of them on TuS where people get crate raped, might only be 1-2 turns in 1 game, and every 4-5 games, but it does happen, and it can really change the outcome of a game.

I seriously doubt the w2 maps were harder, if you can prove it, then i'll shutup and be like, ah, I got served lol, but I'd think they were as hard as WA at the most, reason I say this, is cuz you can't really make WA Roper maps, the kind I am talking about any harder without it being ridiculously beyond a joke.

I love your spirit, w2 BnG own wa BnG, w2 Rope own wa Rope, why don't you jus say w2 > WA lol xD

Even though it totally ain't true :P :D

But meh, i'm pretty papped now, gonna have a munch and hit the sack, i'll TEL you tomorrow Johnny, I was doing a Milestone TEL thing with p3ja, man what a laugh xD

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2010, 08:33 AM »
w2 maps were a lot harder in general. Not only were the maps harder, you were going a lot faster on w2. Not all, some people used easier maps. Depending on how good they were. I've played both so you will just have to take my word or not. Thats up to you. I don't have any of my w2 stuff saved or I would post some maps I used for ladders.

Well w:a maps are seriously low. All of them. There are maps that can have crates that are hard to get, but I've never played on a w:a map ever that was actually hard to rope on. Like oh f@#! I cant rope this shit I'm going to hit the ceiling.

The fact that the rules are crate before attack is what I believe makes people use easier maps. I get that. I like roper on w:a or else I wouldn't play but not having so many damn rules in roper makes for a lot more strategy.
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2010, 11:08 AM »
Maps are smaller on W2, hence 12 seconds. Also, the map can be destroyed.
You can't compare W2 and WA roping because of this. As for you playing both W2 and WA: I know some people who used to play both of them and they told me that if you're good on WA, you're better on W2.

It's all a matter of opinion.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2010, 01:34 PM »
Hide on the top or middle. Then you can get a higher chance of an easier crate. And allowing yourself to get more time to collect and attack doesn't seem like a bad idea to me. I may not have the technical side of roping down. But i think my league style isnt too bad. Ive beaten ropers who are faster and better than me. But sometimes even the turtoise can win the race.

I think todays maps are tigher, higher, more zigzags and do increase the chance of crate rape. That is why i don't see it as cheap to hide in the middle or top when you get that health advantage. Even from the start of a match i'll take the middle hides because sometimes a crate on the outside islands in one of those zigzags can cause a miss from a good roper and i can get one up over them.

I think volcom would get the odd bad crate. But i still think he would win because chances are he would hide in positions to prevent himself from getting too raped? Also think his roping, speed, consistency, knocks and zook attacks would allow him to still hit often with hard crates. Also look a gonzo. Hes not a fast roper but can attack with amazing 3sec bounce nades down the side to get his attacks in.
IBB i think was always a great league roper. But volcom, dibz and others reached another level.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 01:37 PM by Chicken23 »

Offline Crazy

« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2010, 02:40 PM »
Haha yes C23!!! Gonzo has the sickest nades in ropers 0o And yes franz you often discuss crate rape, please dont use me in your examples in all replays this time also ;P

Offline flex

« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2010, 04:20 PM »
The best roper wins more then 9/10

/thread

Offline avirex

« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2010, 06:43 PM »
TheKrow was the best w:a roper.  and Gangstir was the best w2 roper

w2 was much harder to control, im not sure if the maps were harder... maybe about the same as w:a.. but w2 was harder to control, and be consistant... took alot more skill, and timing...

and i still find it funny how franz will never admit crates determine alot of games haha whatever :D

Offline Crazy

« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2010, 06:48 PM »
Haha he does for sure avi, he does.. ;P