Forums
May 03, 2024, 12:10 AM

Author Topic: Dreaming  (Read 5157 times)

Offline Husk

Dreaming
« on: March 31, 2011, 11:42 PM »
Ok so I just woke up and its 2:30 am, I'm too scared to go back to sleep, because I don't want to see nightmates. Share your dreams with us. Let me start:

So my dream was like a movie, but with actors who I couldn't know by appearance. Only the Protagonist was me. I remember last few "minutes" of it:

Me and my friends were in a house party, we were having fun and all, somewhy I was holding scissors and made a sudden 180 degree turn just about to run without looking what was infront of me. Next I yell "No! It can't be!" and see my dead girlfriend lying in the floor with scissors sticking out from her forehead. Comes the next day and we are somewhy dancing in a dance studio with all my random looking friends again. I see a hallucination of my girlfriend (Yea, the one I just accidently killed the day before.) standing in the corner having a sad face. I run to her and hold her in my arms and tell her: "I could never harm you." and she replies "But I am already dead." and I hold my eyes closed and don't want to open them, because I just knew I would see her dead face. instead, I wanted to wake up.

That's all I can remember.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 11:59 PM by Husk »

Offline TheKomodo

Re: Dreaming
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 11:46 PM »
Damn, she musta pissed you off :O

Offline HHC

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 12:44 AM »
Ai Husk, don't run around with them scissors man  :(

Seems like a pretty clear dream though, easy to analyze.. that will make it less scarier :)

I love having dreams myself. Especially when there's buildings involved (churches, monasteries, cities, gardens, etc.). I remember I had one a while ago where I was leaving a city on a horse and as I rode through the city gate I looked behind and saw the feet of a man they hung on the gate. It was pretty gruesome, but an awesome sight as well  :-[

I also get dreams about catastrophes a lot. You know, where I look at the sky at night and see the moon. And then the moon starts to descent and starts falling. Then it collides with earth and a huge tidal wave comes crashing in  :o
It's even better when Jesus or some divine stellar force plays a part.

Last night I dreamed I was at a theme park which had all these tiny little shops. Was pretty cool too.
Most of my dreams are about high school though, where I go like 'OMFG, you gotta be kiddin' me' at the teachers.. you know, the kind of thing I do when the crates are rapin me.  :D
Or about finding something totally awesome at a store (usually it's some huge D&D-kind of boardgame).
Or about nude girls  :-[ (they are the best).. or about spiders creeping up on me while I can't move (they are the worst).  :(

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 01:08 AM »
Ah I have disaster dreams all the time too HHC.

I'll keep these short:

One, is like, the sky has went all sorta red, and tornados start everywhere then everything just starts floating into space.

Aliens, I have so many dreams about alien invasions, one of which takes place in a place that looks like the 1st level of Lylatwars for the N64...

Plane crash, and I try to get there to save people, but when I get there, theres no plane, nothing actually happened...

AvP, I have dreams about Alien Vs Predator, sometimes it's the film, sometimes it's the game, cool though xD

Quite weird because of the Japan quake, I think this had some reason for my recent dream of being in a HUGE earthquake which involved my entire family.

The most common dream i've been having is train crashes, and M3ntal has been involved a few times, but like, not in the crash, i've been on my way to visit him, one of the most realistic ones, I was on train with my Mum Dad and Brother, and the brakes slammed on, my dad just got up raised his hands and said I love you all, then WHACK, almost instantly, I was outside, absolutely NO ONE in site, and there was like 10 different trains lying all over the place, in some sort of scrapyard under what appeared to be Roman aqueducts, then it's like, I make a phonecall, then immediately i'm walking down this road, towards a stadium, a HUUUUGE stadium, you can hear like millions of people roaring, theres floodlights flashing in the air, flashing colours, thousands of people marching towards it, but no one is actually talking, but I have this feeling of so much power and excitement, then I wake up...

I love lucid dreams, this happens often for me, it usually happens when I wake up through the night, then go back to sleep, and i'm sorta half asleep half awake, whatever I imagine I can see and feel, guess that's why they call it the 3rd eye lol.

Offline darKz

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 01:02 PM »
I can still remember this randomly occurring dream I had several times in my childhood.

I was in a pretty tiny room playing with an unknown cat. The cat grew bigger and bigger and bigger, until I had no more room to even breathe. Then I woke up.

There's gotta be some meaning to these kinds of dreams, but I never bothered investigating.

Edit: Oh, I just read "lucid dream" in Komo's post. There's nothing more awesome than lucid dreams, I had some of those already.. Been talking to NAiL about them a lot in the past. :)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 01:06 PM by darKz »
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline HHC

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2011, 01:25 PM »
I can still remember this randomly occurring dream I had several times in my childhood.

I was in a pretty tiny room playing with an unknown cat. The cat grew bigger and bigger and bigger, until I had no more room to even breathe. Then I woke up.

There's gotta be some meaning to these kinds of dreams, but I never bothered investigating.

I guess it's different for everyone. Words like cat have all kind of connotations. To some they represent evil (black cats), to others love and being loved. And everything inbetween really.. Best thing to do is just think of 'cat' and look at the images that pop up in your head, or the feeling that you get.

Btw, I had some choke dreams too. I woke up out of breath  :o

I don't think I ever had lucid dreams. Not the way you describe them, that's for sure. Closest I've come is being awake while my body was still sleeping. That was pretty sweet too. But nothing like dreams or such came up in my mind..

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2011, 03:08 AM »
heh nice dream pal.

Im into lucid dreaming n all that stuff, and yes the "mind awake, body asleep" state you speak of HHC is truly fascinating. It can be quite scary but the more you do it the more you get used to it and the more interesting and exciting it becomes.

For those of you who dont know what we're talking about, basically it is possible to stay conscious whilst you fall asleep. You're not aware of it, but your body and your mind are BOTH conscious and they behave independently. Do you ever wonder why you sometimes take ages to get to sleep and will constantly shift and move in bed? What is happening is your body is "asking" your brain if you have fallen asleep so it can shut itself down. Your body will send an impulse to your brain telling it to move. If you are still conscious then you will move, and your body will not shut down. However, if you lie in bed COMPLETELY still, and resist the urge to move (which will become extremely hard, even painfall at times), then your body will be tricked into thinking that your mind is no longer conscious. If you manage to stay still long enough, you can literally watch your body fall asleep and watch as you leave reality and enter the dream world. I cant think of anything more fascinating than this, watching as you leave one reality for another, incredible!

This is known as the gateway state. From this state you can enter a dream (if you remain conscious) and it will usually be a lucid dream. A lucid dream is a dream in which you are aware that it is a dream, and can have full control of the dream allowing you to literally do anything that you can imagine (depending on the level of lucidity, they vary).

This is one way of inducing a lucid dream, there are however many other ways that I wont go into now. If you are interested by this stuff (which I cant see how anyone could not be) then there are many videos on youtube about lucid dreaming, sleep paralysis and obes (out of body experiences).

This video goes into further detail about the gateway state (mind awake, body asleep) that I talked about in this post. Check out the rest of the series if you are interested in learning more. Its good to see other wormers have an interest in this subject!

« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 03:11 AM by NAiL »
worm and learn

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2011, 07:01 AM »
Nail lol, have you seen the American Dad episode where Steve has lucid dreams when he sees a red ball, and Hailey and the goldfish trick him into thinking he's having a dream, omfg that's epic !

Offline Albino

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2011, 08:01 AM »
Ok, I had a girl in my dream that I want to f@#! her. When I try to f@#! her my dick was getting smaller and smaller. At last, my dick is disappeared. It was kinda nightmare but I loled when I woke up. XDDDdd

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2011, 08:04 AM »
Lol, I don't even need to explain how good lucid dreams with girls are, sometimes it's weird though, like, I don't get to choose who, it's either a random girl I don't know, or an ex or some girl I know from work or a friend of a friend, but then I start controlling it, and I know I am controlling it it's weird sometimes like that...

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2011, 11:13 AM »
This could go further, I need to do some researches. :)
Watashi wa, jinmei ni iku sa reru ka o kakunin surunoni nagai jikan o matteita.
Shikashi, tada nariyuki o mimamoru.
Jikan dake to iudarou gen'in to naru.

May the force be with you.

Offline Husk

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2011, 03:26 PM »

xDDDDDddddddddddd

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2011, 03:27 PM »
Lol exactly what I was thinking, minus Xzibit though lol.

Offline darKz

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2011, 09:52 AM »
Dave, last night I dreamed I was in Scotland for holidays with my sister. I remembered Komo is somewhere around here.. And I think I was trying to contact you but it didn't work for some reason. :(

Nothing spectacular in the end, just thought I'd share since I can remember it now.. Who knows about in a couple hours. :P
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Ray

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2011, 10:31 AM »
I rarely remember my dreams... I remember one reoccuring theme though, anyone else has big dick dreams? Where you dream that your dick is somewhere around your face and you could like easily suck your own dick? I had this dream a lot of times. ;D

Also, one more reoccuring theme is a sex palace with some nasty stuff and women all around and boose and drugs and heavy metal music... Go figure out my fantasy. :D