Forums
April 28, 2024, 02:20 PM

Author Topic: Euro 2016 prediction game (win a copy of WMD!)  (Read 11140 times)

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
Re: Euro 2016 prediction game (win a copy of WMD!)
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2016, 01:53 PM »
Ideally, instead of goal difference, it should be goals difference from real result. In the case of a 2-1, a 2-0 is closer to the real result than 1-0, because you need to change 1 goal only in the first but 2 goals in the second. But I think that's too confusing, specially since it should only work when you also predict the winning team or if it's a draw, a draw. Because imagine someone put 2-2. All in all, I think the goal difference rule whilst not perfect, is the most effective and the rules were written before it all started, so we can theorycraft but should be happy to comply with the way it works.

@Kins, those are all 15/1 ish odds XD
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Ryan

« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2016, 02:02 PM »
Urgh, I should have predicted more draws!

Offline HHC

« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2016, 02:06 PM »
Yeah. i don't think 2-0 is closer to 2-1 than 1-0 though. Goal difference reflects the strength of the teams. France was 1 goal better than Rumania, that's how I see it. Anubis did predict better the difference in strength between the two teams.

Ryan: in my previous fantasy games I always thought draws were overrated, they seem to occur less often. It seems better to predict a small win in all games, for the strongest team. Let's see how well draws perform here, that 3pt could restore the balance.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2016, 02:09 PM »
Husk and Barman teamed up for predictions?
Haha

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2016, 02:23 PM »
Yeah. i don't think 2-0 is closer to 2-1 than 1-0 though. Goal difference reflects the strength of the teams. France was 1 goal better than Rumania, that's how I see it. Anubis did predict better the difference in strength between the two teams.

Ryan: in my previous fantasy games I always thought draws were overrated, they seem to occur less often. It seems better to predict a small win in all games, for the strongest team. Let's see how well draws perform here, that 3pt could restore the balance.

you're thinking of two leg eliminations systems

imagine the game: 20-19

a 20-18 prediction and a 1-0 prediction, who made the better prediction?
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline spleen17

« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2016, 03:00 PM »

you're thinking of two leg eliminations systems

imagine the game: 20-19

a 20-18 prediction and a 1-0 prediction, who made the better prediction?

1-0 is the better prediction.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2016, 03:05 PM »
it was a rhetoric question...

given the 20-19 game and the two predictions 20-18 and 1-0

if you place a bet for 1-0, the moment they're 1-1 0-1 or 2-0 you win nothing and those are the only next possible outcomes to 1-0, basically, the more the game evolves into the final result the quicker you lose

if you place a bet for 20-18 you can cash in at any point until the very end. Why? Because it's a closer prediction, and because it's closer to the real result you can get incremental money at any point the closer it gets

if you want to think of prediction as a game of betting, the rules are clear

disclaimer: i already said that the goal difference is a better system for this particular gimmick, however, it's not the theoretical best.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 03:10 PM by Aerox »
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline spleen17

« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2016, 03:17 PM »
I see what you are saying, but in this sort of predictions game I would agree that if the score is 2-1, then 1-0 was a better prediction than 2-0. (Again, not talking about general sports-betting which is different because it involves actual odds.)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 03:18 PM by spleen17 »

Offline HHC

« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2016, 04:34 PM »
regarding kins vs aerox debate: 1-0 was the better prediction :D

gg thar

Now wales vs Slovakia.

Offline Csongi

« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2016, 08:50 PM »
1-1 like a boss!! 😎😎
"Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work." - Robert Orben

[avirex`mm] ill rape ur mother
[avirex`mm] twice in the same night
[avirex`mm] and she will ask for a third
[avirex`mm] cuz she's a whore

kins> Don't let girls ruins ur tus games :)

Offline HHC

« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2016, 09:01 PM »
Ae, well done. Csong gonna be sleeping as leader after day 2 8)

Senator, nightmares.

Offline Chelsea

« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2016, 09:25 PM »
http://extremesupporters.com/2016/06/09/pierwsze-przygody-polskich-kibicow-we-francji/

:D

„Frendly” hello from supporters of Lech Poznan from their trip to France – during which they met fans from Russia:

First hooligans Lech commute to France already tonight. For now, in the strength of one car in four person. Arriving at the French border is a „girl # from Russia. We offer them 4vs4 but probably miscalculated, trying to immediately us to enter. Three of them died after a good number of shots, the last bastował and gave the shirt. The car did not have anything. We greet all the occupants Euro and other spectators who were traveling on the road and to greet us even though other colors. Let’s show how we play, France is to be red and white! Ouch!

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2016, 11:06 PM »
senator can you hear me?
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline MarianRV

« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2016, 11:19 PM »

is it that hard to write Romania ? XD

Offline Sensei

« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2016, 12:39 AM »
hhc, maybe it would look better if you put all prediction stats in 1st post, not just today/yesterday!?