Forums
May 14, 2024, 11:42 AM

Author Topic: First day without cigarettes...  (Read 12212 times)

Re: First day without cigarettes...
« Reply #90 on: May 10, 2011, 11:49 PM »
If you make a wild claim, you better back it up, man. Sources can make a critical man change his mind, while baseless claims are just that.
Cannabis is not included in the standard treatment of breast or bone marrow cancer. Not here, not in america, not anywhere. Perhaps it can be used to help treat symptoms, but not the disease itself.
The same applies to multiple sclerosis afaik, though I'm not sure about that, since neurology is not a field I was active in.

I could claim cannabis causes alzheimer's disease, schizophrenia and strokes, but if I don't have sources that back that up, you would not believe it. I don't know of sources that makes such claims, though there are reports that show a relationship between cannabis use and psychosis.
I still won't make the claim that cannabis causes psychosis, because there could very well be a common cause of both.

If you're going to check websites and do "research", I strongly advise you to check back the original source. Otherwise, you will continually fall victim to people like monckton (
4 videos, but it should give you a good idea. Note that in the video description, this guy gives sources.)
A claim should stand on it being logical or proven, which means you're going to need a source. In the age of information, nothing less will be taken seriously.

Offline Ramone

« Reply #91 on: May 11, 2011, 12:04 AM »
(plus it can heals some diseases).
Really? Source, please. So far, I have not found any sources to confirm cannabis curing disease.

This is just first out of 7 parts of 8-9 mins, all together it's about an hour, watch it all if U have time..
It's our ancestors cure/medicine, it's in our genes.. Ppl have cured skin cancer with it, they say.. But it depends of a point of view, depends of which evidence U take for the real ones, same as in 9/11 topic.. ;x

Edit: Like having a claim that airplane have or have not hit the pentagon building even if there's no video to back it up as a source.
And the paradox is in the fact that the pentagon must have like hundreds of security cameras which have recorded it... Still there's not just 1 video of it for all the "non-believers"..
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 12:14 AM by Ramone »

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #92 on: May 11, 2011, 12:19 AM »
I wish my english was good enough to understand what they say in those videos.

But anyway, I'll try to find you the sources in 2 weeks minimum.
Watashi wa, jinmei ni iku sa reru ka o kakunin surunoni nagai jikan o matteita.
Shikashi, tada nariyuki o mimamoru.
Jikan dake to iudarou gen'in to naru.

May the force be with you.

« Reply #93 on: May 11, 2011, 12:28 AM »
Shit wrong thread!!!

« Reply #94 on: May 11, 2011, 01:06 AM »
I'll check the video entirely later, Ramone (too late now), but I'm happy to see it has sources :)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #95 on: May 11, 2011, 06:46 AM »
Smoking cigs is f@#!ing LETHAL, there's no denying that. It's just not that it affects your health long-term, it also f@#!s up so many things in your day-to-day life.. for example, lowered energy levels, you smell like shit, your kisses smell like shit, food doesn't taste so good.. not to mention you SPEND money to do your body HARM (you only love smoking cigs because it relieves the nicotine addiction which you wouldn't have if you didn't smoke). Paradoxal, yea?

It's just a dumb habit and the only thing that REALLY makes it enjoyable, is the fact your body is addicted to it. When I stopped smoking I noticed it's DEFINATELY not the cigs I craved most, it was the habit of smoking.

Yes, cigs can be lethal, it can lower your enery levels, you do smell bad (to most people), most smokers I know date other smokers so kissing doesn't matter lol, for me, I love the taste of smoke and the smell of it, food I don't know I can't take someone elses word for that but if you read on, I will find out, yes, waste of money in a sense, if you don't want to be doing it.

But, I totally disagree with the last sentence, in my experience my body is NOT addicted to cigs/nicotine, I just love the smell of smoke, even when I didn't smoke I love the smell of it, I f@#!ing love everything about smoking, I just really really REALLY like the feeling of inhaling smoke and it travelling down my throat then the feeling of blowing it out, it just amazes me, and personally anyone who tries to tell me it's the nicotine, im addicted, seriously, go f@#! yourself lol maybe for most people it's addictive, but for me, I just do it cuz I like it, which brings me to my next point.

I have to disagree, after a huge PM arguement with Darkone about smoking and stuff, and then having a seriously massive arguement with a friend of mine in real life who said its impossible to quit smoking and telling me it's addictive n shit, I decided to stop smoking, just to see what it's like, and just to prove a point.

I don't want to stop smoking, but I definately want to prove a point, it's been 3 days already now, and so far, seriously, I haven't even craved a cigarette once yet, it's so easy to give up smoking for me I am actually in shock that it's so easy for me, I don't know why it's easy for me so far and for others it's hard. To me this is proof I am not addicted, and it's not "just a habit" for me I do it because I want to and I really enjoy it, like some people enjoy peanuts or sex or driving cars or f@#!ing anything really, and I know, before anyone says it, "it's not the same cuz blah blah scientific mumbo jumbo no one really f@#!ing cares about it's just to make me look smart blah blah" I know cigarettes have "addictive" elements to them that are proven to be "addictive", but to me, it's not.

But so far it's only been 3 days, i've still gotta testdrive not smoking whilst drinking which i'll be doing this weekend

My body doesn't feel "the need" to have a cigarette, as in, I haven't even once thought "I need a cig, I can't do this, IM GOING TO DIE AAAAAAH" nope, so far i've actually laughed at how easy i've coped with it so far, and I bloody hope it stays this easy lol.

I really really don't want to give up smoking, I just like it so much :( But funnily enough, the same way I quit smoking weed, I just stopped to prove a point to someone and realised what's the point, so for me, I love smoking but, what's the point?

I'll see how long I can last, if I don't see any improvement over the next 2-3 months i'll probably just start again, but lol, when I told my gf that I have quit smoking, she actually got mad at me "Don't me telling me to quit smoking, don't be getting angry and taking frustration out on me blah blah" it was quite funny, I done a classic re-inactment of her shouting @ my "good" news and she was laughing xD

Oh and, i've been smoking since I was 12, about 3-4 a day till I was about 16 where I started smoking about 10 a day, then when I was 19 started drinking started smoking about 20 a day, and for last 5 years i've been smoking 120-140 a week. I am 25 now.

I will say this, the thought of having an extra £1440+ a year (£120+ a month), to spend on ANYTHING, is pretty exciting stuff :)

« Reply #96 on: May 11, 2011, 08:56 AM »
before anyone says it, "it's not the same cuz blah blah scientific mumbo jumbo no one really f@#!ing cares about

This, my friend, is why people voted for you in a certain category in the worms awards ::)

But good for you that it's so easy to quit for you so far. Of course not everybody is going to have a hard time quitting, but plenty of other people do show signs of withdrawal unfortunately.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #97 on: May 11, 2011, 09:59 AM »
before anyone says it, "it's not the same cuz blah blah scientific mumbo jumbo no one really f@#!ing cares about

This, my friend, is why people voted for you in a certain category in the worms awards ::)

But good for you that it's so easy to quit for you so far. Of course not everybody is going to have a hard time quitting, but plenty of other people do show signs of withdrawal unfortunately.

Is it? Well, maybe it should win them the dumbass award? The reason I said that, is cuz most people act like a smartass here and automatically assume you have no idea you know something that they know, we all have the internet, we can all do research, don't need some stupid links from someone else trying to be a smartass to tell me something I already know, like you in your PM's telling me things I already knew and I already told you I knew yet you continue to say it as if I don't know, hoping to achieve something lol...

I don't get it though, I thought i'd be having these weird "I NEED A CIG" moments, but nothing... Maybe it won't affect me until after 1 week or something?

Offline theredi

« Reply #98 on: May 11, 2011, 10:03 AM »
smartass ftw xD

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #99 on: May 11, 2011, 10:16 AM »
Cig does not provoke a physical addiction, but a mental one - such as many drugs.

As you said you love it. But do you love it by yourself, or the nicotine makes you feel that way ?
Try to stop smoking. If after some days you really need to smoke, then you're addicted.
If you'd like to smoke cig and not being able to doesn't matter for you, then you're not.

Anyway, it doesn't mean it's bad. Since many there are mental addicted to Worms. :p

Since you like it, you're free to do it. :)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 10:18 AM by Abnaxus »

Offline chovas

« Reply #100 on: May 11, 2011, 10:26 AM »
    Ray I just want to copy-paste for you the personal note from my profile page -->Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.    ;)
    I study medicine and I plan to dedicate big part of my life helping people who want to quit smoking do so, helping others who don't want such thing to realize why they should want it (if of course they want to hear about it), and tell those who haven't smoked yet why they should stay away for their own good. I 've never smoked and I think I won't do it now (I'm already 29) What I know from example in my very family is that a serious health issue arising could be a great motive to withdraw but why do we have to come to that point? There is a greek proverb I'm gonna try translate here: A clever man can successfully deal with a problem that a wise man won't even encounter in his life. You should also know that prevention will always be better than the best treatment. Life is yours, decisions are yours I wish to everyone to always make decisions that will never regret later in his/her life
Some people are so poor that the only thing they have is money

Offline Rok

« Reply #101 on: May 11, 2011, 10:30 AM »
Cig does not provoke a physical addiction, but a mental one...

I wish people would stop posting bullshit. Your statement comes in handy, sorry for taking you for example again  ::)

Nicotine indeed causes physical addiction. Don't even try to convince me it doesn't.
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #102 on: May 11, 2011, 10:42 AM »
sorry for taking you for example again  ::)
Np, it's how it works. ;)

Don't you think this physical addiction is just born from your mind ?
Since people who really want to stop had no problems to do it ? (I'd like to point again the "really want".)

Anyway, the books I read told me that (the mental addiction, not the rest). So who's right between us too ?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 10:44 AM by Abnaxus »

Offline Rok

« Reply #103 on: May 11, 2011, 11:12 AM »

Don't you think this physical addiction is just born from your mind ?
Since people who really want to stop had no problems to do it ? (I'd like to point again the "really want".)

Anyway, the books I read told me that (the mental addiction, not the rest). So who's right between us too ?

Have you ever thought mental addiction can originate from chemical processes in your brain? Serotonin, various neurotransmitters, whole bunch of chemical receptors on nerve cells, there's a lot of shit going on when you drag a smoke. When few hours later you're dying for another cig, you can bet molecules in your skull are playing games with you. :)

Don't ask me for sources on that, people who study medicine, physiology, biochemistry (like D1) can be the source for you, and you better believe them. :)
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #104 on: May 11, 2011, 11:19 AM »
I know there is chemical processes. But what is sure, is that 4 years ago when I read books about drugs, cigs was noted as a mental drugs and not a physical one (such as heroin).