Forums
May 05, 2024, 07:49 AM

Author Topic: Hola. Any vegetarian / vegan wormer here?  (Read 8858 times)

Offline The Extremist

Re: Hola. Any vegetarian / vegan wormer here?
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2016, 11:04 AM »
Then again, you can't reconcile your vegetarianism with consuming fish, so I don't expect you to agree.

No need to get snotty. I don't feel I need fish in my diet, I just find it tasty and don't mind eating it for all the reasons I've mentioned. If I wasn't eating a sardine sandwich every other day, I'd just eat more veggie burgers. If I couldn't have deep-fried cod once in a while, I'd treat myself to more pan-fried potato pancakes.

BTW, I have lots of energy and am relatively strong for my size. But I chalk this up to breastfeeding and genetics.

Offline The Extremist

« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2016, 11:09 AM »
being a vegan or vegetarian based on principles and eating fish is silly, you can't argument it.

Yet I did. It was your choice to ignore my points.

Offline ANO

« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2016, 11:20 AM »
I am vegan at 75% btw. Some years ago I was 100%.

Offline The Extremist

« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2016, 11:36 AM »
we are killing all fish without a plan. Extinction is worse cruelty than bad living conditions and torture

Not my fault:

http://i.imgur.com/i2ufapF.png

Of the 21 countries who caught more than 1,000,000 tons of fish in 2005 (yes, I know the actual amounts are more, but my argument is about the countries in relation to each other), 12 were Asian and only 3 were European, with China leading and Canada 20th.

Japanese fish market (the biggest in the world):

http://cdn.lightgalleries.net/4d39ace4991e4/images/Places2_9-1.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsukiji_fish_market

The whole place gets filled with a fresh catch each morning. They'll pay upwards of a million dollars for the best fish.

Offline skunk3

« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2016, 05:17 PM »
The people saying that one needs to eat meat to be an elite athlete are simply wrong. As someone has already pointed out, there are so many supplements these days that give you everything that meat would deliver, minus the moral quandary. Between a sensible plant-based diet and supplements, you're literally not missing out on anything aside from the deliciousness of meat.

I personally eat whatever. I try to keep it mostly healthy though. (If only they could make a 0 calorie beer... or maybe I should just start dosing myself with GHB? lol) I've had many vegetarian / vegan friends and when it comes to sustenance, I really like convenience. Being a vegan is a huge pain in the ass.

I personally find factory farms disgusting and morally wrong, and I can't even bear to watch a video of what goes on in there, but realistically speaking, it's difficult and expensive to find ethically grown and slaughtered meat products in many areas. (Some would argue that there's no such thing as ethical meat products...) I could easily be a vegetarian or a vegan if someone prepared all of my meals for me and did my shopping, but when I'm driving around stoned, I'm not thinking of ethics when I pull into a Taco Bell and order a burrito.

I see nothing morally wrong with eating fish / seafood... plus, fish is one of my favorite foods and I couldn't see myself not eating 'em. Here in Missouri a lot of people have man-made ponds on their property that they stock with fish, which I think is a great idea. We need more private stocks and fish farms in general. People should really lay off the beef because of the environmental factors involved. Beef production is hell on the environment. Look at what is happening to the rainforests in South America... if we lose those rainforests, the whole planet is f@#!ed. Pork production is pretty bad (and disgusting) but the environmental impact is nowhere close to that of beef production.

Offline The Extremist

« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2016, 12:46 AM »
"not my fault"

how old are you?

I ask because surely you understand how stupid it is to use such reasoning in this particular thread? after saying you're vegetarian?

Any chance you can argue with facts instead of insults?

Fishing was sustainable until the west lent its technology to countries that didn't know how to control themselves.

And back to athletes for a moment. Not only do I find endurance sports more impressive that burst sports, but they're healthier to perform as well. High-paid professional athletes have relatively short careers, often plagued with injuries. They try to get around this with steroids and painkillers, but their quality of life in retirement ends up plunging as a result.

Online TheWalrus

« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2016, 02:30 AM »
"not my fault"

how old are you?

I ask because surely you understand how stupid it is to use such reasoning in this particular thread? after saying you're vegetarian?

Any chance you can argue with facts instead of insults?

Fishing was sustainable until the west lent its technology to countries that didn't know how to control themselves.

And back to athletes for a moment. Not only do I find endurance sports more impressive that burst sports, but they're healthier to perform as well. High-paid professional athletes have relatively short careers, often plagued with injuries. They try to get around this with steroids and painkillers, but their quality of life in retirement ends up plunging as a result.
So you have refuted none of Caye's original argument?  Excellent.

Offline The Extremist

« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2016, 03:40 AM »
So you have refuted none of Caye's original argument?  Excellent.

What was his original argument? I have a hard time finding it amongst the personal jabs...

Offline Kangaroo

« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2016, 07:18 AM »
Im a breathairian... i dont eat meat or vegetables.. i dont even eat anything at all or even drink, i just breathe

You all should stop eating all together you are hurting the planet.

jpg images

I can play CUP games  07:00-12:00 GMT weeksdays &  00:00-13:00 GMT on weekends...

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2016, 07:58 AM »
don't waste oxygen, do photosynthesis
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline The Extremist

« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2016, 08:16 AM »
your argument for being a pseudovegan is "not my fault"

I said that's stupid, it's not an insult, it's a fact.

The fact that marathon runners are more "impressive" to you means nothing.

tell me the truth, you're 13yo or something right?

My argument for being "pseudovegetarian" is that fish are a simpler form of life than land animals and enjoy a better life compared to them. What's "not my fault" (and which I provided statistics for) is overfishing, which is your major argument against eating fish.

Endurance athletes are more impressive to me than "burst" or "standard" athletes because their skills are more practical (emergency/rescue/survival situations) than, say, being able to run really fast for 10 seconds or kick/hit/throw a ball over a line, and the peak of their fitness is spread over a longer period. If you prefer muscle men who burn out quicker, that's fine. I'm merely trying to prove that both types are "elite" in different ways.

I'm 27. I've been posting on forums since I was 14. I've been using computers since I was 6. Use that information however you may please.

Offline Devilage

« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2016, 09:29 AM »
a family in africa could have eaten this topic

You make day huzk, you rly do

Smoking proud.

Offline The Extremist

« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2016, 11:04 AM »
Can you elaborate on this?

Fish are farther down the evolutionary chain. I see them more as complex plants than I do simpler humans. Land animals are far more relatable. Modern humans grew up alongside them. They live on the same ground, eat basically the same food, reproduce the same way.

The bulls used in bull fighting in Southamerica and Spain live amazing lifes up to the day they're tortured and killed.

Entertainment vs. food. Torturing for fun is far worse than any factory farm.

OT: marathon runners are not built for survival or rescue you're completely out of your depth it appears.

Can you make a single post without a personal attack?

Endurance athletes are built for endurance. They can last longer performing difficult tasks. Other athletes train for a specific moment, to peak for a few seconds at a time. If a natural disaster is occuring, and you need to work through the night digging ditches, hauling sandbags, climbing to isolated areas, traversing long distances to find food and water, it seems to me a marathon runner would do better than a football player or sprinter.

This is starting to get into minutia...the point I'm trying to make is that everybody has their own strengths in different areas. You seemed to be making the point that because endurance athletes train a different part of their body (heart over muscle) than short-burst athletes, that makes them inferior.

Offline philie

« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2016, 11:33 AM »
What's "not my fault" (and which I provided statistics for) is overfishing, which is your major argument against eating fish.

then factory farming is also "not our fault".

i've been vegetarian myself for 8 years and i can't take anyone serious who's acting all veggy and eating fish. ridiculous.

Offline ANO

« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2016, 11:47 AM »
Caye and The Extremist, do you buy food and cook by yourself?