Forums
May 15, 2024, 06:16 PM

Author Topic: Human capabilities.  (Read 7621 times)

Offline Abnaxus

Re: Human capabilities.
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2011, 10:57 AM »
To delete. <.<
Watashi wa, jinmei ni iku sa reru ka o kakunin surunoni nagai jikan o matteita.
Shikashi, tada nariyuki o mimamoru.
Jikan dake to iudarou gen'in to naru.

May the force be with you.

Offline Husk

« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2011, 11:01 AM »
I can speak finnish, I dedicate my life for trying to understand how I am able to do that.

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2011, 11:10 AM »
We are like a computer.
If you give him a word and his translation, he'll keep it in his memory, and he'll be able to call it back anywhen.
It's the same for the human.  :P

If you want a real description with medicine words etc, ask D1. :p

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2011, 11:13 AM »
When my Grandfather died, I was staying the night at my uncles, halfway through the night, the phone rings, I just knew right there and started crying, even before someone answered the phone, unfortunately, I turned out to be right, my Grandfather had died...

« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2011, 11:39 AM »
When my Grandfather died, I was staying the night at my uncles, halfway through the night, the phone rings, I just knew right there and started crying, even before someone answered the phone, unfortunately, I turned out to be right, my Grandfather had died...

And?

(sorry for your loss obviously)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 11:41 AM by Cueshark »

Offline Husk

« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2011, 11:43 AM »
I think Komo is saying he knew what the phone conversation was about even before anyone had answered the phone.

« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2011, 11:49 AM »
I think Komo is saying he knew what the phone conversation was about even before anyone had answered the phone.

Yeah, I know.  And?

Not being flippant or anything.

I remember the same happening to me some years ago.  Elderly relatives, phone call in the middle of the night (usually bad news).  It's not psychic powers to expect something ain't right.

Again, I'm not trying to belittle the event as it must have been a poignant moment.

:<

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2011, 11:52 AM »
There are strange links between family members.

« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2011, 12:08 PM »
We are like a computer.
If you give him a word and his translation, he'll keep it in his memory, and he'll be able to call it back anywhen.
It's the same for the human.  :P

If you want a real description with medicine words etc, ask D1. :p

Well, yes and no :) I think people don't remember as such, but make associations with something. A computer, you can just tell it to remember something and it'll tell you literally what it told you if you ask it to. But our memory doesn't quite work like that, we basically build up a story that helps us remember facts (mnemonics, though to be fair, I had to google that word ;D).
But the way our memory works is in more than one way a blessing; this thought pattern allows us to make new conclusions and make up new ideas because we're not bound to whatever it is that was taught to us.

For instance, (Boring physics here! Skip this paragraph if you're not interested :)) Newton and his theory of gravity was used to explain the orbits of the planets around the sun and they all fit perfectly! (very awesome considering he had to invent a new kind of math independantly of Leibnitz and didn't have sensitive equipment like we have now). Except for Mercury! The calculations were slightly off for some reason. Until we got to Einstein: his relativity theory allowed new calculations and his alteration of Newtonian physics made the orbital calculations of Mercury fit the data we measured.
A computer would've gotten stuck because the data doesn't match the calculations and never would've found out the theory of relativity.

Well, Komo, your phone story isn't as weird as some of the weird stories I've witnessed surrounding people's death. But it's an emotional time and leaves a big impact. Your granddad was doing badly. You were staying over at your uncle's for being close to him and at the time, everything you did was focused on your granddad. A phone call in the middle of the night simply has to be about your granddad (especially considering it's a very strange time to call for anyone else).

But there's something I can't explain about these end of life stories. Quite creepy how people can feel things out. Perhaps there are little details in someone's expression of perhaps a new scent we wouldn't even notice, I don't know. And it's not just family either, but I can't place my finger on where the changes are.

Offline Ramone

« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2011, 12:22 PM »
Great, but isn't it about feeling electromagnetic waves ?
Anyway, I'm talking about my experiences ('cause I have only them as example), but if my theory is true, we all can live those.

Yes, it is about feeling electromagnetic waves. I mean, lasers do emits electromagnetic radiation, that's why U feel the heat..
I don't know which laser have U used, but I've tried with green pointer laser (usually used for star pointing by amateur astronomers) and I've felt the heat too..
There are different power lasers. These pointers have power of smth as 5 mW (milliwatt) and there are military (weapon) lasers which have powers up to 100 kW (kilowatts) and even more..

Anyway, everyone interested in this subject which refers to a brain itself, should watch that video which Cue and I was mentioning few posts back:

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2011, 12:37 PM »
When you don't pay attention to what she is saying, she looks like an insane old women. xD [HS Off]

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2011, 03:28 PM »
D1, my Grandfather wasn't doing badly, he was in great shape, I was staying with my uncle because my parents were on holiday, was night before they were coming back.

Cue, phone calls in the middle of the night don't usually mean news THIS bad, but yes, it's a common thing but considering I was 11 years old at the time, I was too young to have proper knowledge of life and death didn't completely understand really anything I do now, so, being 11, it was common for me to see phonecalls like this, it was the 1st time in my life after all.

But I was very close to my Grandfather, propably closer to him than my Mum and Dad, for being a kid, I don't know why or how I knew, but I always tell myself that in his final moments he was thinking about me, and maybe that's it...

« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2011, 03:41 PM »
D1, my Grandfather wasn't doing badly, he was in great shape, I was staying with my uncle because my parents were on holiday, was night before they were coming back.

Cue, phone calls in the middle of the night don't usually mean news THIS bad, but yes, it's a common thing but considering I was 11 years old at the time, I was too young to have proper knowledge of life and death didn't completely understand really anything I do now, so, being 11, it was common for me to see phonecalls like this, it was the 1st time in my life after all.

But I was very close to my Grandfather, propably closer to him than my Mum and Dad, for being a kid, I don't know why or how I knew, but I always tell myself that in his final moments he was thinking about me, and maybe that's it...

Why were you awake in the middle of the night at 11 years old?

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2011, 04:14 PM »

Cuz I was 11 lol..

Why were you not awake in the middle of the night at 11 years old?

Offline nino

« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2011, 04:22 PM »

Cuz I was 11 lol..

Why were you not awake in the middle of the night at 11 years old?

cos he was 11 lol
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.