Forums
May 02, 2024, 12:58 AM

Author Topic: Human capabilities.  (Read 7614 times)

Offline Free

Re: Human capabilities.
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2011, 11:50 AM »
I have it as .pdf and I uploaded it for you guys.

http://www.easy-share.com/1915329956/my%20big%20toe.pdf

Abnaxus, it's a one mans theory about everything, diving into "mystical realms" as well this physical reality.

It can be life-changing read, check it out and see if you like it for yourself.

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2011, 12:54 PM »
By the way dudes, I was like one of the biggest non believer (about weird stuff) in the world when I was young (just like some are: only coincidences, only real explanations).
At least until I lived all those things I quoted on my first post.

Since then, I have been kindda lost: now, I need to find the truth (worth my life for).

So you shouldn't be so rude, or I hope you'll live that kind of things too.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 12:56 PM by Abnaxus »
Watashi wa, jinmei ni iku sa reru ka o kakunin surunoni nagai jikan o matteita.
Shikashi, tada nariyuki o mimamoru.
Jikan dake to iudarou gen'in to naru.

May the force be with you.

« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2011, 01:28 PM »
I am also a big fan of the paranormal.

Just like you Abnaxus, if there was undeniable evidence in paranormal effects such as esp, or moving objects with the mind then I could quickly change my position and accept tham as true.

Let's start with human experiences such as yours.  Humans have strange experiences.  We are left with a lot of stories.  

I'm not saying that these experiences are all wrong and that these things didn't happen, but to get to the truth you can't rely on stories alone.  They might be wrong.  Studies in memory really do show that our memories are very very capable of being inaccurate, especially over long periods of time.

So where do we go now?  Well, how about science.

Paranormal research has been going on for a good 100 years.  Gary Schwartz is just one of the big names in parapsychological research of recent years.  Rupert Sheldrake is another.  He recently did studies on dogs which 'know' when their owners are coming home.  He also did studies on whether people know if they're being watched / stared at.

In my mind, so far, paranormal research has not produced convincing proof of the supernatural / paranormal.

But as you can read, I am ready to embrace such possibilities.

Also, I might add.  I experienced a hypnogogic hallucination which was as real as anything.  It freaked me out.  No wonder people believe in the paranormal when our brains can create such convincing illusions.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2011, 01:49 PM »
Is anyone here interested in UFOs, weird creatures (not just Bigfoot) and such? ^^

Sorry for Off-Topic but maybe we can make a new Thread if there is interest.

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2011, 02:43 PM »
He also did studies on whether people know if they're being watched / stared at.
If you'll enter my room or call me on phone when I'm sleeping, I'll wake up at least 30sec before it happens. Everytime.
Also, if you point somewhere on my skin with a laser, I'll feel a heat at the focused place.

That's why watching the brain activity during those actions would be interesting. To see what is reacting.
Do you guys know any place where you can do such experimentations ?

I don't like the word of paranormal, since I think there is a rational explanation of it (but it still is real, not an hallucination or anything like that).
If we call paranormal everything we don't understand, then nvm. :)

Anyway, thanks for those names, I'll start my researches with their works.

PS: That's what I said, either I'm insane, or I was witness of really strange things.
In any case, I need to find the truth. <.<

PSS: I have a do-able experimentation in mind, I'll give you the results as soon as it will be over.

PSSS: Anu, I guess there could be such things.
We are born on a earth in a certain galaxy.
Nothing proove a such thing couldn't have happenned in other galaxies.
So yeah, I do believe there is somewhere in the universe other kinds of "humanity".
Even maybe they were long time ago and they did incredible finds in science (also with different materials), so they could travel to our planet and let some traces of their passage.

« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2011, 02:58 PM »
If you'll enter my room or call me on phone when I'm sleeping, I'll wake up at least 30sec before it happens. Everytime.

Well this should be incredibly easy to test.  Forget entering your room because there are all kinds of audio cues which could give you warning that someone was approaching.  The phone however is easily testable.

You're saying that you have psychic powers.

Considering it takes as little as 5 seconds to connect a phone call.  You can predict that someone is going to call you even before they have dialled your number.  You will automatically wake up and be ready to take their call.

Is that right?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 03:04 PM by Cueshark »

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2011, 03:16 PM »
You're saying that you have psychic powers.
Nop.
IMO (It's just my theory) the magnetism of the person who'll enter is entering in contact to mine, that's why I get alarmed.
About the phone, it's the contact between the phone waves and my body magnetism.

Anyway, I don't believe in paranormal (psychic powers or whatever), everything has an explanation.

Considering it takes as little as 5 seconds to connect a phone call.  You can predict that someone is going to call you even before they have dialled your number.  You will automatically wake up and be ready to take their call.

Is that right?
Yeah, if I could react fast enough when I'm during the sleeping->awake phase (which is not the case, I'm totally lost when I wake up).
But anyway, when I wake up, I can't know if it's 'cause someone will enter, someone will call, or 'cause I just woke up.
I feel like I've not sleep when I wake up (from 7h of sleep time to 15h, is the same, but all this only when I'm home), I don't know if there is a relation between this and the alarm thing.
Plus, I almost lived all my life in my house (except the work times and some "parties"), so I maybe made some marks in it (but do not forgive it's just theories).

Have you ever noticed people can be aware of someone talking of them even very far away ?
I first though it was coincidences when it happenned, but it happens too much to be so.

I forgot to mention that protons and electrons are connected by a relation of electromagnetism.
So maybe our body is just like atoms, our magnetism has different charges (I have no proofs, it's just suppositions), which could explain why when 2 people comes near eachother, there is a "kick" (you can feel it even if he comes from back).
The same kind of electrons exchange there is between 2 atoms.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 03:34 PM by Abnaxus »

« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2011, 05:05 PM »

But 30 seconds (at least) before you are called on the phone, doesn't that mean that your 'intuition' kicks in before any phone waves are present?

Offline Free

« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2011, 05:16 PM »
As mentioned in "My Big TOE" you can have objective results with subjective experience in the "non-material physical reality" so it can be applicable and useful for one in the "physical reality" also.

It's all really scientific in My Big TOE, so whoever is interested should really read this book. Start of the book can be quite boring, but it get's AMAZING as the book goes on.

« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2011, 06:07 PM »
Kept out of the thread cause of business :)

No, your brain can't develop. Neural tissues and neural-connections develop in early childhood, after that the neural cells have a hard time to repair damage that is caused to your body. Take broken neck for example, if spinal chord could repair itself like for example bone tissue, people could walk again after such accidents, but as you know it rarely happens.

No, heart doesn't generate electricity to drive the body. The heart itself is driven by electrical signals, yes, but those signals come from electrical potential difference between Na+ and Cl- concentrations on either sides of heart cell membranes and bla bla bla, you see, there's medical explanation for that... The magnitude of that electricity is too smal to influence electrical devices. (less than 30 mA of current runs through the heart - D1 correct me where I'm wrong, please :) )

Well, there's this thing called plasticity in our brain, which is the creation of new neural pathways :) I saw you mentioned something of that order in a later post. And then there are still a couple of pluripotent stem cells inside our brains (near the ventricles) that are still capable of migrating through the brain and even developing into neurons themselves.
However, it rarely causes regeneration of brain tissue. (though we do see people recover from strokes, exacerbations of multiple sclerosis, guillain-barré etcetera)
I'm not sure about the height of the current, but I wouldn't be surprised if you were spot on :)
At any rate, the potentials involved with neural tissue and heart tissue is minimal; in ECG, we rarely see potentials higher than 20 mV, so I don't think the magnetic field you develop is high enough to cause telekinesis. If it were, it would make compasses useless, since your body throws it off.

You might be interested in Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation, though. It's something they were researching in treating depression, though it's been a long while since I heard of it. No idea if it has positive effects, though as far as I recall, the results were encouraging.

There's not a lot I can say about your experiences though, it's not something I was actively involved in, though absences in earlier life sounds like something that could fit with epilepsy. Since I have no idea how these episodes happened, I can't give any definite opinion on it.

Offline nino

« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2011, 01:20 AM »
i dont exist.
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline Ramone

« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2011, 01:37 AM »
Also, if you point somewhere on my skin with a laser, I'll feel a heat at the focused place.

U don't have to consider that strange because it's a common thing. I've also felt that and some of my friends did too.. Lasers do that..

Well, at least it's 1 mystery less!  ;)

Offline Husk

« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2011, 09:28 AM »
i dont exist.

sorry i exist XD

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2011, 10:55 AM »
But 30 seconds (at least) before you are called on the phone, doesn't that mean that your 'intuition' kicks in before any phone waves are present?
Well, 30sec is what I feel. But as I said, when I wake up, I'm kindda lost, even in time.
Experimentation could tell us how much exactly, but I can't do it without stuff. :/

U don't have to consider that strange because it's a common thing. I've also felt that and some of my friends did too.. Lasers do that..

Well, at least it's 1 mystery less!  ;)
Great, but isn't it about feeling electromagnetic waves ?
Anyway, I'm talking about my experiences ('cause I have only them as example), but if my theory is true, we all can live those.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 10:59 AM by Abnaxus »