Forums
May 08, 2024, 02:27 PM

Author Topic: Me covering a song  (Read 2284 times)

Me covering a song
« on: January 04, 2012, 10:59 PM »

My first real shot at covering a song... I like to think I did a good job considering I had a cold and was awake for over 24 hours before I started the project.

All vocals and mixing done by me, except for the instruments, which are by Fair to Midland
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline TheKomodo

Re: Me covering a song
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 07:58 AM »
I don't like the music, isn't really my style, but the vocals are nice man, you have a great voice, I would personally use different effects with your voice.

Did you use any Autotune with your voice? If you didn't, man, you are good, very good, even if you did, you still have an amazing voice.

Would you be interested in doing some vocals and collaborating on a song with me?

I gave you a like :)

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 10:19 AM »
I did not use any autotune and I think I would enjoy working on a collaboration.  Thanks a lot!

I am very inexperienced with making vocal effects and stuff, I had to settle with what I could manage.  I hope to learn more about it tho.  The actual project sounded better before youtube compressed it I guess? you can hear more things a lot clearer.  Hopefully next project I will not have a cold and the overall quality of my voice will just sound purer
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 11:27 AM by ShyGuy »

Offline nino

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 10:27 AM »
I gave you a like :)

in other words komo gave u an +1 in youtube karma system hehe.

gj ae shy, now i know who to call to sing in my marriage  ;D
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 10:52 AM »
thanks nino  :-*  i really wanna get some vocal lessons in the future, i love singing

Offline Devilage

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 11:18 AM »
make a fart bubble song mate

Smoking proud.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2012, 11:56 AM »
I did not use any autotune and I think I would enjoy working on a collaboration.  Thanks a lot!

I am very inexperienced with making vocal effects and stuff, I had to settle with what I could manage.  I hope to learn more about it tho.  The actual project sounded better before youtube compressed it I guess? you can hear more things a lot clearer.  Hopefully next project I will not have a cold and the overall quality of my voice will just sound purer

One of my specialities in music production is vocal effects, I really love playing around with vocals trying to push and squeeze everything out them :)

Do you use MSN at all? It's really the only chat program I have available at the moment, although if we are going to be serious about this, looks like you enjoy singing as passionately as I enjoy music production, then we should get skype or something where we can throw ideas back and forward and I can play you some live sounds so we can brainstorm live.

I can see only one potential problem, and that would be "Musical Differences" but seeing as I do enjoy most genres of music of all cultures and weird underground stuff and you seem like you enjoy a wide variety of music too I think we might come up with something, obviously it'll have to be limited to our abilities, but every new project has it's own unique learning curve.

I look forward to working with you :)

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2012, 12:03 PM »
haha what happened to that worms thread with people who wanted to make a big collaborative song?

my msn is superpants64@hotmail.com
my skype name is matthewreymann i am pretty sure...

what kind of music were you thinking of?

Offline avirex

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2012, 01:44 PM »
If the"komo and homo music production" ever kicks off in a big way can you guys hire me? I would like to have a high paying job with little to no responxabilkty..maybe I can write lyrics, I am actually good at that...thx

And that is def shy voice! Kind of interesting to hear him sing after all ready knowing his voice but I'd say you did a gj even thO fair to midland sux lol

Offline sm0k

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2012, 02:11 PM »
"like it" :)

Offline CJ

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2012, 03:02 PM »
not bad shy, not bad at all. and you're voice isnt too bad at all. how old are u again?
My hometown rugby team Warrington Wolves won the 2009 Carnegie Challenge Cup At Wembley and successfully defended the trophy by beating Leeds Rhinos 30-6 at Wembley on 28/08/10 and got the trophy back beating Leeds Rhinos 35-18 on 25/08/12... 3rd time in 4 years

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2012, 05:06 PM »
i just turned 19

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2012, 05:23 AM »
rofl that was fun, why record a song when you have a cold though? surely wait for the cold to go, then record the song?

o well I enjoyed it, wasnt out of tune xd
worm and learn

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2012, 09:51 AM »
I was on break from university and staying at my parents home.  It's the only place I feel comfortable singing at because I hate if other random people can hear me while trying stuff.  I go back to uni tomorrow and I had wanted to record it but I had a cold for the last third of my break so I had to do it now or never

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2012, 12:17 PM »
I was on break from university and staying at my parents home.  It's the only place I feel comfortable singing at because I hate if other random people can hear me while trying stuff.  I go back to uni tomorrow and I had wanted to record it but I had a cold for the last third of my break so I had to do it now or never

Lol dude I am the same, I ain't as good a singer as you, but I do enjoy singing silly stuff :)