Forums
May 17, 2024, 07:16 AM

Author Topic: My comp is a piece of shite..  (Read 2369 times)

Offline nino

Re: My comp is a piece of shite..
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2016, 04:30 PM »
Buy a SSD and do a reinstall on everything.

Using HDD on operation system nowadays is just silly.

Use your HDD as slave, another tip, dont trust on slaves!!!! I tell it by known case cos king!!!!!

No need to say my name, it just overwhelms me.

People still use HDD for their Operating System, it just needs to be at least 7200rpm. So in general, issues like what HHC is experiencing may not necessary be his HDD fault, of course it might be defective and shouldn't be overlooked of course.

Ok sorry.

But even if the HDD is not falty, it is too slow in comparison with SSD then this might be kill a bee with a zoka but anyways xD

btw how many slaves you got? want to exchange? they got all theeth? lets make business!!!
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2016, 05:21 PM »

Use your HDD as slave, another tip, dont trust on slaves!!!! I tell it by known case cos king!!!!!

People still use HDD for their Operating System, it just needs to be at least 7200rpm. So in general, issues like what HHC is experiencing may not necessary be his HDD fault, of course it might be defective and shouldn't be overlooked of course.

Ok sorry.

But even if the HDD is not falty, it is too slow in comparison with SSD then this might be kill a bee with a zoka but anyways xD

btw how many slaves you got? want to exchange? they got all theeth? lets make business!!!

Yes this is true, SSD is much faster than a regular HDD. But I just wanted to note that a normal HDD can run an OS fine, but slower obviously.

No slave exchange, sorry :P

Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline nino

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2016, 05:35 PM »

Ok sorry.

Yes this is true, SSD is much faster than a regular HDD. But I just wanted to note that a normal HDD can run an OS fine, but slower obviously.

No slave exchange, sorry :P

You f@#!ing fake, a king that does not exchange slaves is not a king!!!!

Offline HHC

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2016, 05:54 PM »
well, its not the fan. The heat never goes beyond 68 degreeish. Which seems fine.

Basically i have 2 issues:
1) freezes and laggies, but that was kinda already there.
2) sound shit

At this point just wanna fix the sound..
I tried disabling the sound drivers one by one, but no luck so far, as soon as I got 1 running again the shite's back.
Pretty sure something f@#!ed there.

Offline Mega`Adnan

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2016, 06:18 PM »
Maybe this PC is for Windows XP? :D

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2016, 06:19 PM »
is the sound shuttering only happening when you play a game? does it happen in say, youtube
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline HHC

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2016, 06:25 PM »
everytime the PC is working.. whether its in firefox, in-game or even when its just loading random shit in the background.

Offline Triad

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2016, 06:52 PM »
Imo if you cannot detect what causing all these, backup your important stuff and format your hdd and reinstall OS. Having McAfee before is enough reason to reinstall. ;D

Offline Sensei

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2016, 07:04 PM »
Had similar problem few months ago. PC was freezing and lagging, WA was unplayable at times.
Fixed it with: Ctrl+Alt+Del / Task Manager / Processes / svchost.exe*/ End process.

* - be aware that this was my other svchost.exe running. And it took 3/4 of RAM.. After ending it, PC healed in a sec. So, if you got only one svchost there - don't touch it :)

yeah, you stopped the malware for a while, congratulations

I did it months ago and PC is working perfectly since ending that particular process.
If few months means "for a while", I'm ok with that.

Btw HHC, dunno if anyone suggested, but try putting another graphic card on your motherboard. At least I would do that before reinstalling whole OS.

Offline sock

« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2016, 07:29 PM »
hmm, its a new comp, only 3-4 months old as I said, this cant be dust??

Could be I guess, but I would not think so.

Offline nino

« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2016, 07:51 PM »
That processor fights with Intel core I3 thats really a basic processor and so the machine.

I'd say trash can and buy a decent one is the way  :D

JK ae.

Offline HHC

« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2016, 10:07 PM »
well, it works as before if i disable the sound, but ya... it's quiet.. and lonely without  :'(

This is what it sounds like:

The comments to that movie havent provided me with a fix, so still lookin'  :(

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2016, 10:17 PM »
that's the exact same shuttering I got with NBA 2k16, it lagged the game. The issue was with NVIDA and some sound cards, they never fixed it. A built computer shouldn't have any incompatibilities with its hardware either way. You didn't upgrade to a higher Windows than the one it came with, did you?

Try going to your devices, and under sound, see if you have anything with "HD" in its device name, Radeon HD sound or whatever (it's for the sound that comes out of the HD port, it's usually in the graphic card slot), disable it.

Also does your graphic card have a control panel of sorts? A place where you can enable/disable global features like Vsync and such?

edit: and if you're going to do what Sensei says do it the other way around, always fomat before getting new hardware if your aim is to fix something, you never know if it's just the software and a format is always faster and cheaper.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 10:19 PM by Aerox »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline HHC

« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2016, 04:43 PM »
Some guy in the comments suggested disabling extra sound drivers, but whichever I delete, the sound remains shuttering.

In device manager I have:

Audio inputs and outputs:
=Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio)
=Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Sound, video and game controllers:
=AMD High Definition Audio Device
=Realtek High Definition Audio
=HP Webcam HD (I deleted this one, it was something along this line)

Didn't update windows.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2016, 05:29 PM »
Uninstall all of them, restart Windows, Windows will them reinstall the drivers automatically.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB