Forums
April 30, 2024, 04:41 AM

Author Topic: The Big Religion/God Debate  (Read 38134 times)

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
Re: The Big Religion/God Debate
« Reply #195 on: July 24, 2011, 03:21 PM »
What about flying spaghetti monsters, ropa? :o

there's two theories that prove that if earth was able to reset indefinetly to an era without religion that eventually, humans would be worshipping anything you could possibly imagine, including flying spaghetti monsters.

yeah your so f@#!in right ropa:) greetings from van brinski, an over 10000 years old samurai (ye samurai founder and also an excellent supernatural entity) riding on his purple steed with ivory tooth. i always enjoy our meetings.

why are these idiots allowed to thread shit at free will?
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Rodent

« Reply #196 on: July 25, 2011, 09:35 AM »

Offline Desetroyah

« Reply #197 on: July 25, 2011, 10:32 AM »
What God? What debate? Whoever wants an imaginary friend they should make their own and not take existing ones.

PS: not even the spaghetti monster rodie ^^

Online Peja

« Reply #198 on: July 25, 2011, 10:38 AM »
i dont see any difference between someone who believes in god and someone who says god is certainly non existent. Because both are believing in something not proven.

Offline Desetroyah

« Reply #199 on: July 25, 2011, 10:43 AM »
i dont see any difference between someone who believes in god and someone who says god is certainly non existent. Because both are believing in something not proven.

I do see a difference because one chooses to believe things written to guide savages (all of human kind was kinda shit back then so they needed the "boogieman") and choose to have "faith" instead of "thought". "faith" is just another word for "submission", ppl who want someone to tell them what to do.

Thinking leaves the beauty of discovering where we come from, whereas religions claim to have all the answers without trying to prove anything -mostly because they cant.

I dont "hate" religious ppl, I "hate" only organised religion. However, I never take religious ppl seriously.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 10:47 AM by Desetroyah »

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 25, 2011, 11:25 AM »

You're very naive or trying very hard to come up with an opinion that differentiates you from the social mass.

There's no such a thing as a proof for something to not exist, you're basically saying it's fine to believe in anything your mind can imagine.
You cannot prove something doesn't exist in an expanding universe.

MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

« Reply #201 on: July 25, 2011, 04:42 PM »
I loved the way Douglas Adams thinks religion came about :)
Basically, mankind evolved into using tools and everything he therefore makes also has a purpose.
So then he starts to think what the purpose is of caves and rivers and trees and mammoths (mammoths are great! you can make clothes out of its fur, you can eat its meat and you can use its tusks to make weapons to kill other mammoths!).
"Well, they seem to make my life much easier, so they must've been made for me! But who made them? Must be someone who looks like me, because we're the only kind that makes tools. He has to be bigger, because he can make really big things that I can't. And he has to be invisible, because I can't see him."

It all started from the misconception that something has to have been "made".

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 25, 2011, 04:48 PM »
I loved the way Douglas Adams thinks religion came about :)
Basically, mankind evolved into using tools and everything he therefore makes also has a purpose.
So then he starts to think what the purpose is of caves and rivers and trees and mammoths (mammoths are great! you can make clothes out of its fur, you can eat its meat and you can use its tusks to make weapons to kill other mammoths!).
"Well, they seem to make my life much easier, so they must've been made for me! But who made them? Must be someone who looks like me, because we're the only kind that makes tools. He has to be bigger, because he can make really big things that I can't. And he has to be invisible, because I can't see him."

It all started from the misconception that something has to have been "made".

that reminds me of TED (http://www.ted.com/)
I'd say around 80% of the videos contain at least one mention of religion that's basically applied logic dressed as humor.

edit: that speech is actually on TED
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 04:52 PM by ropa »
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Online Peja

« Reply #203 on: July 25, 2011, 04:51 PM »

You're very naive or trying very hard to come up with an opinion that differentiates you from the social mass.

There's no such a thing as a proof for something to not exist, you're basically saying it's fine to believe in anything your mind can imagine.

your right im a supporter of constructivism, you totally got my point.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 25, 2011, 04:52 PM »

and I'm a supporter of
http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/eng/richard_dawkins_on_militant_atheism.html

"all of humanity is atheist to most gods, us atheist just go one god further"

two more for those who like listening to intelligent people talk:
http://www.ted.com/talks/michael_shermer_on_believing_strange_things.html
http://www.ted.com/talks/julia_sweeney_on_letting_go_of_god.html
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 05:12 PM by ropa »
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Chelsea

« Reply #205 on: July 26, 2011, 08:03 AM »

White Batman ?

« Reply #206 on: July 26, 2011, 09:18 AM »

and I'm a supporter of
http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/eng/richard_dawkins_on_militant_atheism.html

"all of humanity is atheist to most gods, us atheist just go one god further"

two more for those who like listening to intelligent people talk:
http://www.ted.com/talks/michael_shermer_on_believing_strange_things.html
http://www.ted.com/talks/julia_sweeney_on_letting_go_of_god.html

Your stance on this topic appears to be staggeringly close to mine.

Offline Kangaroo

« Reply #207 on: August 10, 2011, 03:33 AM »
Who Created the creator? and who Created the creator creator? and who created the creator creator creator?

jpg images

I can play CUP games  07:00-12:00 GMT weeksdays &  00:00-13:00 GMT on weekends...

Online Peja

« Reply #208 on: August 10, 2011, 05:06 AM »
Who Created the creator? and who Created the creator creator? and who created the creator creator creator?

she did:

« Reply #209 on: August 10, 2011, 06:59 AM »
Everyone should have their own idea of a god and not have to go to church to be told what their god wants them to be like.