Forums
May 17, 2024, 07:55 AM

Author Topic: Worms Revolution  (Read 14818 times)

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
Re: Worms Revolution
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2012, 03:28 PM »
Every time a new Worms comes out you can count on HHC on trying to get everyone to move to that. He only partially succeeded with WWP though.

HHC, hate WA much?
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline HHC

« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2012, 10:32 AM »
Am I on your radar Ropa?

I haven't been particularly positive about this game have I?

I like the look of the beach screenshot, true, the others aren't as good (pretty 'lumpy' and dark).
W:R was a game I enjoyed playing. And I'm pretty sure I'll be playing this one as well.

I own pretty much every game from the worms series. I think Worms Ultimate Mayhem is the only one I don't have, and that's just cause I really hate the 3D ones. But if it's up for less than 5 euro on Steam I'll probably buy it too, just to see what it's like and get ideas for maps, flags, schemes, etc.

A new 2d worms is always welcome for me, just like another game in the Battlefield series is always a nice addition for any BF-fan even though 1942 was the ideal game already.

I like WA, but there are things about the newer generations 2d worms that I really like as well and that are missing in WA. Wormpot and forts from WWP, improved forts and pick-up & play value from W:R, and so forth.
But well, WA has the best online system by far, that's I guess the main reason why I still play it instead of the newer titles. Does that make me a bad person?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 10:55 AM by HHC »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2012, 11:02 AM »
A new 2d worms is always welcome for me, just like another game in the Battlefield series is always a nice addition for any BF-fan even though 1942 was the ideal game already.

I agree, but BF2 was the best Battlefield in my opinion :) 2142 sucked...

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2012, 11:21 AM »

Does that make me a bad person?

No, but I just find it hilarious you're with the same agenda year after year.

On topic:
 This game looks like it's aiming to have somewhat depth physics, judging by the craters. Even though I'm not sure. Team17 didn't include any sort of depth in their past games when it came to the gameplay, or at least, it lost most of it by oversimplifying things like blast radius, sliding, bouncing and all the things that made the physics which in turn made the gameplay. There was a certain distance and a certain angle a worm would fly when hit by a weapon at he basically always followed the same pattern when attacked by most weapons, it made these last 2d games awful for me, they felt like the old mobile phone Worm games and making the learning curve awful short. A casual game of sorts.

Now, whilst this one might do better were the others failed it will still not give us what we want, and when I say "us" I'm speaking about the public I imagine would post in a game League forum.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2012, 08:50 PM »
People of the worms community:
This will be the best worms game since WA.
It is a stone cold lead pipe lock.

Now if only that was saying something, lol.

« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2012, 09:47 PM »
I just think that it's totally sad that news of a new worms game creates absolutely no excitement among the worming elite...i.e Us.

Proper hardcore worms fans should be excited at news of a new release.

Isn't it really sad that we're not.

I can't think of any other game that I've adored and not been excited at a sequel or new release.

Offline Crazy

« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2012, 10:36 PM »
I find it hard to be excited when there have just been dissapointment after dissapointment on the new releases, Cue ;/ For me personally, WA is and will always be the only game I play on a regular basis. Maybe I am close-minded but thats just how it is..

« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2012, 10:38 PM »
I find it hard to be excited when there have just been dissapointment after dissapointment on the new releases, Cue ;/ For me personally, WA is and will always be the only game I play on a regular basis. Maybe I am close-minded but thats just how it is..

No, I'm totally with you.

I get more excited when I blow my nose than when I hear of a new worms game.  It's sad but true.

:<

Offline Crazy

« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2012, 10:40 PM »
Ah I misunderstood your post, I thought you were encouraging people to be more enthustiastic :D I agree though, it is really sad

Offline Anubis

« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2012, 11:20 AM »
I just think that it's totally sad that news of a new worms game creates absolutely no excitement among the worming elite...i.e Us.

Proper hardcore worms fans should be excited at news of a new release.

Isn't it really sad that we're not.

I can't think of any other game that I've adored and not been excited at a sequel or new release.

It happens everywhere, the hardcore Counter-Strike faction loves their old CS 1.6 (1.5 to be honest) a lot more than Source or the upcoming Global Offensive. Bad hitboxes and almost zero recoil kills Source for me too.

Or Diablo 3, I know many people that love Diablo 2 or 1 and hate D3. Games shouldn't stagnate because then it gets boring pretty fast and some would feel ripped off if they just make 1:1 W:A with modern graphics.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 11:22 AM by DeathInFire »

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2012, 12:03 PM »

It happens everywhere, the hardcore Counter-Strike faction loves their old CS 1.6 (1.5 to be honest) a lot more than Source or the upcoming Global Offensive. Bad hitboxes and almost zero recoil kills Source for me too.

Or Diablo 3, I know many people that love Diablo 2 or 1 and hate D3. Games shouldn't stagnate because then it gets boring pretty fast and some would feel ripped off if they just make 1:1 W:A with modern graphics.

There's a difference though, whilst these example you mention might change some things they still offer a place for hardcore gamers. Don't you think the vast majority of D2 players will get D3?
Eat a bag full of dicks.

« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2012, 02:54 PM »
Am I on your radar Ropa?

I haven't been particularly positive about this game have I?

I like the look of the beach screenshot, true, the others aren't as good (pretty 'lumpy' and dark).
W:R was a game I enjoyed playing. And I'm pretty sure I'll be playing this one as well.

I own pretty much every game from the worms series. I think Worms Ultimate Mayhem is the only one I don't have, and that's just cause I really hate the 3D ones. But if it's up for less than 5 euro on Steam I'll probably buy it too, just to see what it's like and get ideas for maps, flags, schemes, etc.

I like WA, but there are things about the newer generations 2d worms that I really like as well and that are missing in WA. Wormpot and forts from WWP, improved forts and pick-up & play value from W:R, and so forth.
But well, WA has the best online system by far, that's I guess the main reason why I still play it instead of the newer titles. Does that make me a bad person?

hope wormpot comes to WA!
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline darKz

« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2012, 04:08 PM »
Personally I don't have a problem with other people liking newer Worms titles. I just don't understand it, quality is so poor. :D
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline chakkman

« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2012, 04:45 PM »

hope wormpot comes to WA!

Sentry gun would be awesome. :)

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2012, 05:58 PM »
Hey whats wormpot?
Your favorite ropers favorite roper