Forums
May 02, 2024, 07:56 PM

Author Topic: 30 second rr.  (Read 5130 times)

Offline avirex

Re: 30 second rr.
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2010, 08:36 PM »
chakkman, i still think ur confused.. obviously....

it would not be 2 turn maps... it would be 6-10 turn maps....

the patch that made the clock count upwars was introduced b4 large maps, so ttrr quickly took over 30 seconds rr's....

but now that we have the option of making large maps.. we can go back to 30 second rr's with maps that will take about 10 turns to complete....

im hoping NC is working on maps, but i dunno if he is.... anyone wanna volunteer to make some 30 second 10 turns rr maps?    i would.. but i dunno how, i sux :X

Offline chakkman

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2010, 09:08 PM »
You know avirex, you are a hopeless case, unable to accept other opinions than your own. You don't even have a clue what the meaning of a discussion is. Well go on with your stupid ego show, i'll just sit back and laugh from now on. :) My time is too valuable for this.

Offline franz

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2010, 09:15 PM »
You know avirex, you are a hopeless case, unable to accept other opinions than your own. You don't even have a clue what the meaning of a discussion is. Well go on with your stupid ego show, i'll just sit back and laugh from now on. :) My time is too valuable for this.

chakkman seriously?  avi's post was actually very normal and he brought up some points that directly answered your argument that maps would be only 2 turns.  it seems more like you are the one who is unable to hear his opinion just because he usually has crazy posts.  there was no ego in his post.

Offline Crazy

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2010, 09:22 PM »
not necessarily.  in rrtt, yes you have to be faster than your opponent, but you also have more chances to mess up and still win since you have 3 fresh tries to win.  in 30s rr, you rely on your first worm.  you still have to be faster than your opponent to try to win, but any mistake is way more costly in this style.  it adds more pressure and forces players to be more consistent.

+1 and your other posts

Offline avirex

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2010, 10:54 PM »

jajajaajajaj..... read what franz said, u dip shit... so now its me sitting back and laughing at ur dumb ass.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2010, 07:12 AM »
Honestly, I don't like the idea, 30s RR's will result in more draws than TTRR, I am not saying it will happen all the time, but theres definately a bigger chance of a draw than a TTRR.

I never liked 30s RR in the 1st place, maybe this is because we didn't have all the updates we do now such as big maps etc, so i'd like to partake in some 30s RR's on these "dedicated maps" before making my final decision, but I think I will prefer TTRR anyway.

Anyway, I honestly don't think 30s RR should be added to Classic, even as a 2nd choice to normal RR like w2rope is to Roper.

I would be pretty dissapointed if this was added to Classic and such things like SSR/Bungee were not, I think SSR would be played more than w2rope for a start, and bungee, w2rope is kind of a fail lol.

I know for a fact i'd play alot of SSR/Bungee and I know alot of other players that would pick them also, just as much as people would pick this suggestion.

But anyway, i'd like to play some of these with you avi, and anyone else, and get a better feel for it.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2010, 08:13 AM »
I personally think that 30s on bigger maps would be a good idea! But I wanna mention something else too:

I always thought that TTRR on these 40-50s maps are quite too fast over, not because of their length but in my opinion it should take more than 3 turns to determine who is the better RRer. Imagine if Elite was over after 3 turns, or BnG. Sure it CAN happen but it's not really the case. I think that a scheme should encourage you to play it for about 15-30 Minutes. Depending on how many mistakes someone makes. Basically right now every TTRR 1v1 is over after 5 Minutes. I would add at least 5-6 Worms per team in TTRR to have to rely on better 'real' results since the more often you try a map the better you get to know the map and can show your skill. It's like getting used to a BnG map. Also it allows more tactics, if, for example you have 5 or 6 worms you can try to put pressure on your opponent and try faster turns in the beginning or the other way around. Currently it's just maybe 1 safe turn and then try to do fast ones. In most races in real life the race is not over after 3 turns, because it simply doesn't show who is the better racer, they take a lot of rounds in F1 to see who is faster and determine the positions.

As for the 30s, the more turns you need to finish the map the less it gets likely to have a draw.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2010, 08:17 AM »
Yeah TTRR is by far the shortest scheme, I think you make a good point, it'd be nice to have 6 worms to make it longer, but then again some people might argue that the better player has an even better chance, because it's short it gives some players a chance to win.

I'm kinda 50/50 on that one, although it'd be nice to have longer, now you mention it, i'm starting to like this 30s RR idea a little more...

Offline Anubis

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2010, 08:21 AM »
Well since RR is a race without random events such as cr8s there will always (or should) win the better player. If the better player doesn't win that basically means that he isn't the better racer on that particular map. I have some maps which I really have a hard time on, and then the next one I can race so nicely. Different style of Racers so different results. :)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2010, 08:22 AM »
Well since RR is a race without random events such as cr8s there will always (or should) win the better player. If the better player doesn't win that basically means that he isn't the better racer on that particular map.

I wouldn't say so, sometimes the better player just can't focus right, or has "pc problems" lol.

Offline avirex

« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2010, 01:56 PM »
Komo on about a 10 turn map.. Like i said several times.. A tie will e very unlikely... Not to mention we can make rules.. Such as 
If the first worm finished with 12 seconds then the next worm has to finish with the clock at more then qw seconds... If second worm toi start finishes b4 first worm.. Its obviously a win.... I really hope ninjac or some othere peopel  ... Maybe angus work o some maps so we cam al test this and see how we like it.. I rly think if u give i a chance komo.@. That u may enjoy it..@ we will give it a try.. K?? Kisskiss

Offline nino

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2010, 03:00 PM »
well of RR i undestand cos maybe iam the best RR'er ever ;) LOL

But well that thing of 6 worms sounded really great imo.

You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2010, 03:07 PM »
theres one map, dunno if its too short but at least its bigger than avis<3
"since most people tend to the order side, its my job to spread chaos" -peja

Offline avirex

« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2010, 03:36 PM »
Ahhhh cant view at the moment.. Im at work.. But im excited to try it out when i get home... How many turn map is it??? Thnx NC@@ <3

Offline lalo

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2010, 03:57 PM »
I'd accept this idea if this is played on normal rr maps like senecas, magics, hermits, tr, etc. But in those giant maps that I can barely see because I feel a f@#!ing pain in my eyes with png maps I don't and I won't play on them lol.

I wonder with what idea Avi will come now, 20 seconds shoppers maybe or comet dodging. Before trying to implement whatever you should try to make your idea popular in wormnet.