Forums
May 06, 2024, 06:26 AM

Author Topic: I did it? Improved BnG? :o  (Read 2100 times)

Offline HHC

Re: I did it? Improved BnG? :o
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2013, 05:10 PM »
Hmm..

This is with one cup, on the left of the map.

More fair, but it looks more like worms golf or target range than BnG xD

???

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2013, 08:24 PM »
I think this scheme does require less skills because a shot that would make 1 point of damage will blow up a crate just the same as a shot which would do 46.
What's the real difference between shooting crates and shooting your opponent's worm? Some kind of weird pacifism? :D Also keeping track of the crates causes an unnecessary disctraction of the real purpose of BnG and it's also another luck factor. What if I blow up my opponent's crate?

If you blow your opponent's it's no score.

The good thing about crates instead of worms is that they change positions every turn.
In normal BnG you're forced to repeat shots as your opponent can't move.

And well, the fact that you don't need to make a full hit doesnt take away from the fact that you need to aim well to make it count. Some targets may be kinda hidden behind land and then you really need precision shooting to hit the right part of the land to make it blow.

I played it online with skren and we had quite a bit of fun.

I had to add tele's to the scheme though (sometimes you cant help but shoot the other worm out :o) and we had some difficulty in finding a good map that didnt benefit one party. Mirrored maps could be a solution, but then we won't be able to work with random maps anymore. Changing cups is also a solution (maybe after one player scores 5 points?).
And the nades... maybe better to include more of them, 10-12 or even infinite. There are places that aren't hittable by zooks and with some BL you can run out of nades pretty soon.

Crate rape is another factor. But overall, lots of fun and the best player wins 90% of the time.

killing opponent or opponent damage from crate isnt a problem. There is /boom option just as /rs or /ts which is make it impossible to damage your opponent

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2013, 12:24 AM »
notching ownz any form of BnG Komo.

even Hyst or Elite.

Not really, Elite doesn't rely on BnG to win, neither does Hysteria, and it's very hard to notch with 1s even for the best of them, I could hit 100% perfect shots against Elite players and still get owned with their experienced tactics, but with this scheme, you are aiming for a crate, players could easily do this scheme 10/10 shots very often.

Make it harder or something?

Offline Tomtysti

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2013, 02:54 AM »
I'm a big bng n00b but this seems like a cool new scheme  :-[

Some quick suggestions:

1. Move the shared shooting platform to the middle of the map -> more wind variety. This would probably require bigger maps though  :P
2. Change the power of all the weapons to 11 (at least grenades) -> makes the explosion size is about 4 times smaller (zooka maybe power 12 -> about half the size of the default)
3. Make grenades infinite since they are now a lot harder to hit with (especially with no sitting nades -rule)
4. To avoid confusion and unfairness, ALL crates should earn you points, but you can only get 1 point per turn, meaning no extra points if you hit 2 or more crates

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2013, 03:21 AM »
I'm a big bng n00b but this seems like a cool new scheme  :-[

Some quick suggestions:

1. Move the shared shooting platform to the middle of the map -> more wind variety. This would probably require bigger maps though  :P
2. Change the power of all the weapons to 11 (at least grenades) -> makes the explosion size is about 4 times smaller (zooka maybe power 12 -> about half the size of the default)
3. Make grenades infinite since they are now a lot harder to hit with (especially with no sitting nades -rule)
4. To avoid confusion and unfairness, ALL crates should earn you points, but you can only get 1 point per turn, meaning no extra points if you hit 2 or more crates

Good input I like this :)

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2013, 03:44 AM »
This seems like a pretty good idea, lower blast radius would make sense so that accuracy remains important. Luck is a slight downside, we'd have to see how that plays out, and I don't think you need clusters. You might want to try like 3 second turn time to make notching a little more difficult.

Offline Ramone

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2013, 03:55 AM »
This seems like a pretty good idea, lower blast radius would make sense so that accuracy remains important. Luck is a slight downside, we'd have to see how that plays out, and I don't think you need clusters. You might want to try like 3 second turn time to make notching a little more difficult.

U also have a suggestion how to name this scheme Mab? ;x

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2013, 04:32 AM »
You might want to try like 3 second turn time to make notching a little more difficult.

I like this !

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2013, 07:02 AM »
It's problematic to re-aim with 3 sec turns
And without reaming it's easy to don't hit crate which you missed on previous turn

Offline HHC

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2013, 11:11 AM »

yeah and bigger maps = no random maps nemore  :(
It's not that much of a problem with wind variety IMO. The cup seems to give even winds (and not blue winds all the damn time). If you make a habit of alternating between a cup left and a cup right it doesn't become too much a habit.

I changed both to 1 (BTP's scheme editor doesnt allow precision numbers), I think it worked out just fine. Bit more skill involved, but not to the point you start throwing with stuff  :)
Also, it kinda does make nades slightly less powerful. Which is good cause I can include unlim nades then. I'm afraid that further improving the zook's blast makes it TOO powerful.

I really don't feel right about this. With 5 crates on the map you're hardly ever forced to go for a really tough crate this way.
The rule: hit the last crate that fell, isn't very confusing IMO. And it makes sure that, when you miss, and there's 5 crates on the map, the opponent is forced to go after the same (hard) crate... which is a nice counterbalance against crate rape.

Luck is a slight downside, we'd have to see how that plays out, and I don't think you need clusters. You might want to try like 3 second turn time to make notching a little more difficult.

Well, I think pro's will have no probs whatsoever beating noobs. But once a certain level is reached... yeah the crates spawning could prove decisive. But as I said, once there's 5 crates out there and someone misses, the other guy has to go for the exact same crate.

Regarding 3 sec turn time... hmm.. It's a tough call. It plays a lot better with about 10 secs and I don't really think a lot of people can appreciate yet another hysterical scheme. But then... the notchers will take advantage yeah  :(

Regarding clusters: I personally kinda like having 1 one of them.

In the attachment another map + an updated scheme with unlim nades and power levels set to 1 (+11 sec turn time).
It's really easy to make a quick (random) map yourself though. Just brush some here and there and find 1 or 2 objects to spice it up. Any noob can do  :)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 11:13 AM by HHC »

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2013, 04:44 PM »
It's a nice idea but i'd call it something else, personally.
Same.

Plus the biggest problem is crate falls on top and are pretty easy to hit.
It's not like a hiden worm tho.

But I like the idea.
Watashi wa, jinmei ni iku sa reru ka o kakunin surunoni nagai jikan o matteita.
Shikashi, tada nariyuki o mimamoru.
Jikan dake to iudarou gen'in to naru.

May the force be with you.

Offline Conny

• Quack

• Sweden Sweden
  • Quack!
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2013, 01:39 PM »
I've always found bng rules redundant. It's one of those schemes where I feel that there's too many rules, even though they make sense.

Anyways, I agree that this should be called something else. Because this is rather different from actual BnG. Mainly because shooting a crate gives you one point, so the bullseye is always easier. Shooting a perfect bullseye on a worm is more difficult because of the damage.

This does look like a lot of fun, though.
Former xANKAx member.

Offline Xrayez

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2013, 08:44 AM »
LOOL, I had the same idea recently but wasn't sure about success of this scheme  :D