Which version of roper do you like?

Worms 2 Roper
6 (16.2%)
Normal Roper
25 (67.6%)
ZaR Roper
6 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Author Topic: Favorite Roper Scheme?  (Read 7199 times)

Offline Senator

Re: Favorite Roper Scheme?
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2017, 11:09 AM »
@4 star zooka, higher FD: it can be a mess if every scheme has unique weapon powers, fall damage etc. 4 star zooka has bigger radius so it can backfire. For example I saw Wally rage quitted from mole shoppa cos he was upset about the radius of upgraded nade (I'm sure it wasn't the only reason.. :D).

with 15 second turn time about 9 out of 10 crates are reachable with attack... so what's the point? And if you don't get your crate, and attack for 47hp, your opponent just goes to get 50hp and returns to hide..

Ideally 10 out of 10 would be reachable but the map would still give crates that are challenging enough. But we don't have perfect maps.. In w2 roper/your scheme you see players changing hide more often and making choices between attack / crates but that comes at the cost of luck. With 12 or 13s turn time more crates are unreachable and the cr8 luck can get even more unbalanced than with 15s.

One crate + attack is better than 2 crates + hide so the other player wouldn't just get 50hp and return to the hide. I don't really know if 15/5 and no cba makes the current WA Roper any better, need to play some games. But if you get 2 unreachable crates in normal Roper, you get just 2 crates and no attacks. Without cba you would get 2 crates and one attack.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2017, 11:30 AM »
In ZaR crate values are 15hp each because bazooka does 46 in dmg. To deliver a precise 46 damage is not always that easy due to time limit and skill. So normally the average damage hit is 30-44.

You must be thinking well Kradie with that low amount of health per crate, the game must end pretty quickly. I d argue that it depends on player's dexterity and strategic approach. Often when two skilled players face each other in ZaR can end up to SD and beyond.

Increasing bazooka damage, add more health, seems a bit silly to me.

The no CBA rule and only AFR is a little noob friendly imo.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline avirex

« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2017, 07:37 AM »
Cba takes away almost all strategy in the game.

When you play with no cba, you really have to think about your turns, and almost plan the entire turn out before you go.. all though I'm somee situations, you may just attack and hide... but I would encourage that, I will never be mad at anyone for leaving me a crate.

I was never able to understand why people force someone with a rule to get crate... it really does not make sense imo

Senator, you say that less turn time makes so there is more hard crates... that is true, but it's better this way...

Think about an average to hard rope map, there's one or two spots that crate is just impossible, even with 15 second... how many times does crate fall there with in a game? Maybe 5 times? There a good chance one player is going to have more hard crates, then the other.

With less turn time, there is more hard crates, meaning more odds to even the impossible crates out... not to mention there is more strategy, and skill too.. just because you can't get a crate in 13 second and attack, or don't want to take the risk... does not mean I can't...also, one of my favorite strategies is to hide somewhere at the top, to tempt my opponent to either go for crate before attack, and hopefully miss... or go for crate after attack, and hopefully miss crate.. but then he leads me to crate, and gives me easy attack (and more then likely gave himself fd)

Edit: just to be clear, I hide at top when there is a hard crate on the map that was left behind... maybe then if it was my crate in my turn...  temptation can be a bitch.

That's a cool, fun, and a nice risk/reward strategy that cba eliminates.. I can name off a couple more strategies that CBa eliminate too. But if anyone has played no Cba then i'm sure you know some of them.

But senator, I'm not saying my w2roper scheme is perfect, not at all... in fact, I would change some things myself.. I dumbed things down in hopes WA would be more accepting, but that didn't happen.

The point is, I really don't care what scheme is used, as long as its tested first, and makes sense... but we really should remove the cba rule... people been complaining about crate rape for years now, and there is a solution, but no one wants to use it.. it makes no sense lol

Kradie, cool story bro.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 08:00 AM by avirex »

Offline Sensei

« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2017, 07:48 AM »
Kradie, zar is scheme with 0 sec mines. Everyone lost you there.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2017, 10:31 AM »
With less turn time, there is more hard crates, meaning more odds to even the impossible crates out... not to mention there is more strategy, and skill too.. just because you can't get a crate in 13 second and attack, or don't want to take the risk... does not mean I can't...also, one of my favorite strategies is to hide somewhere at the top, to tempt my opponent to either go for crate before attack, and hopefully miss... or go for crate after attack, and hopefully miss crate.. but then he leads me to crate, and gives me easy attack (and more then likely gave himself fd)

Kradie, cool story bro.

It's a good thing ZaR has 12 seconds turn time, that makes it more skill based. Don't you think so, bro?

It's OK Avirex.

Kradie, zar is scheme with 0 sec mines. Everyone lost you there.
I have to admit, YOU lost me there.

Offline avirex

« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2017, 02:22 PM »
Oh zar has 12 second turns? OMG... everyone, let's make zar new classic league scheme! ZOMG zomg ZOMG

I originally wanted to make the scheme 12sec. Because that's what we used on worms 2, but shyguy (he helped me make the scheme) talked me out of it.

To be honest, 12 second is just not enough, with w2roping, it's fine because w2 has faster roping. But in w:a I think 13 is a pretty good time.

Anyway, are you really going to talk about zar after every post anyone makes?

Nino was spot on with his comment, that you talk about zar as much as maciej talks about finger roll... lol please, will you make a video and post it on youtube of you playing zar? Make sure the camera view catches both, your keyboard, and your monitor. Thank you.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2017, 02:29 PM »
How old are you mentally Avirex? This is just disappointing now.

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2017, 02:39 PM »
this is not about avirex. I told u already 100 times Kradie, are u blind?

Only coz u changed time from 15 to 12 and added instant mine to scheme doesnt make u creator.
Hey, I have super idea, I will change from 45 to 40 seconds in t17 ,  and lets play zar t17??  Can it be offically new tus scheme? I will be very proud of myself

Offline Kradie

« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2017, 02:56 PM »
this is not about avirex. I told u already 100 times Kradie, are u blind?

Only coz u changed time from 15 to 12 and added instant mine to scheme doesnt make u creator.
Hey, I have super idea, I will change from 45 to 40 seconds in t17 ,  and lets play zar t17??  Can it be offically new tus scheme? I will be very proud of myself

My sweet little Kin, I never proclaimed sole creator of ZaR.
 The juxtaposition of these three schemes Worms 2 roper (Not to be confused with Avirex's version) and Roper and ZAR), are significant enough to be labeled in its own category. 

Your argument is unjustified and incoherent. Originally the Worms 2 roper had 12 seconds, which ZaR has. I stated that of what Avirex originally said ''Less time = more skill), in which ZaR focus on.
Again, nothing is stolen, only that are different versions.

Offline avirex

« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2017, 03:05 PM »
Well, I originally thought all that was changed from my w2roper scheme was destructible map, multiple instant mines, rather then just one, and zook only rule applied.

I was wrong, you also changed from 13 second to 12 second.

My mistake. 

Idgaf any more

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2017, 03:29 PM »
Does this mean I created Darts cuz I changed the scheme?  :D

Offline Kradie

« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2017, 04:06 PM »
Does this mean I created Darts cuz I changed the scheme?  :D
Everything is an evolution. We know SiD created darts, or am I wrong? 
You simply perfected it, and kept the name.

ZaR didn't keep the name because it was significant different.
 Only Bazooka & Rope is available in ZaR. Therefore the name.
 Start health is 180hp.
 Health crate is 15hp.
 5 instant mines (1 is dud).
 Firebomb (Crate bomb) is allowed.
 Normal Fall Damage
 Normal Zook Damage.
 Water level 2px.
 No block (Semi is ok).

Rules are different in ZaR. You can knock a mine with bazooka onto a player before getting health crate.
Wall to wall replaces CBA when SD begins.

It's quite alright to be upset and hold grudges, I respect that. ZaR became more than we imagined.

I just hope we're still cool :)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 04:16 PM by Kradie »

Offline Korydex

« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2017, 04:18 PM »

Offline Sensei

« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2017, 04:25 PM »
Only cool and really original scheme you made was wall2break (is that how it's called?).
But you didn't wanna listen to any suggestions of making it better and more appealing to wormers, so it got forgotten in no time.

Jetter was cool scheme, until ppl realised it was made by sbs (?) 6-7 years before you claimed it as your own. Probably just added bunch of instant mines and putted ZAR in front of it.

We all admire your desire, but let's be honest, plenty of those schemes are just plain bad. TTRR ZAR?? 200+ 0sec mines on ttrr map? Sometimes I think you're just a troller in disguise :)

Offline Kradie

« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2017, 04:54 PM »
Only cool and really original scheme you made was wall2break (is that how it's called?).
But you didn't wanna listen to any suggestions of making it better and more appealing to wormers, so it got forgotten in no time.

Jetter was cool scheme, until ppl realised it was made by sbs (?) 6-7 years before you claimed it as your own. Probably just added bunch of instant mines and putted ZAR in front of it.

We all admire your desire, but let's be honest, plenty of those schemes are just plain bad. TTRR ZAR?? 200+ 0sec mines on ttrr map? Sometimes I think you're just a troller in disguise :)

My motivation was to contribute with unique schemes to the community. While ZaR was not not special it took off, Wall 2 Break (w2b) was not successful but still different version of WxW. I acted on the criticism I received and implemented parachute, mines, etc to the scheme to make it more friendlier to newcomers in general.
The scheme is not dead, it just lays dormant until resurrection.

You think I was serious about ZAR RR? It's only for the ''lolz'' aka entertainment. It is not to be taken lightly :)