Forums
April 27, 2024, 10:43 AM

Author Topic: Jattamediate  (Read 1030 times)

Offline jattaman

Jattamediate
« on: February 15, 2023, 08:50 PM »
Hello
I want to present to you, the jattamediate scheme, an intermediate clone, that, among other things, makes unlucky teams a bit less unlucky, without resorting to manual placement  :)https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/scheme-4959/

One perhaps unique balance change, is nerfing shotgun to 22 dmg - I always found watching teams carefully dishing out 25 dmg any range, to be a bit boring to watch and overshadowing other weapons.

I was inspired by elite, pro themes in nerfing ropes. Alas, not everyone(including myself) is comfortable with elite and pro time limits. My clone, is still, well on intermediate level of play  ;).

Special thanks to Kaleu creator of Freemediate, I wouldn't realize there is a select worm feature in worms that lets you mantain select worm "power" after moving your worm without encountering the scheme.

Any feedback is much appreciated.

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
Re: Jattamediate
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2023, 04:10 AM »
It would be nice if you upload some replays to show gameplay examples to us. There are several good Intermediate variations that were created by players. Your variation seems exactly what I prefer to play. I prefer to play intermediate with X3 ropes too. I always thought X5 ropes is a lot in Intermediate, but who plays intermediate like to make rope knocks, it is a skill that many people shine. I still prefer to make the game more balanced between strategy and artillery. I agree that shotgun is boring to be abused every game. This scheme is really similar to the way I prefer to play normal games. I played Intermediate variations probably more than the regular Intermediate, despite the offline games.

Dolly sheep is the variation I played the most, but I created my own variations too.

I really don't like 1HP sudden death in Intermediate, and starting positions is something that is better if more balanced.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2023, 04:12 AM by FoxHound »
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline jattaman

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2023, 11:01 AM »
It would be nice if you upload some replays to show gameplay examples to us. There are several good Intermediate variations that were created by players. Your variation seems exactly what I prefer to play. I prefer to play intermediate with X3 ropes too. I always thought X5 ropes is a lot in Intermediate, but who plays intermediate like to make rope knocks, it is a skill that many people shine. I still prefer to make the game more balanced between strategy and artillery. I agree that shotgun is boring to be abused every game. This scheme is really similar to the way I prefer to play normal games. I played Intermediate variations probably more than the regular Intermediate, despite the offline games.

Dolly sheep is the variation I played the most, but I created my own variations too.

I really don't like 1HP sudden death in Intermediate, and starting positions is something that is better if more balanced.

Thank you for your suggestion. I will upload a replay soon.

I do not feel happy about 1HP sudden death either in default intermediate. I find setting a sudden death that fits the scheme a tricky thing. I want to find a balance between A) teams not having to adjust their strategy too much to sudden death(for example in 1HP it's better to focus on having more worms than energy) and B) not dragging things too much, for things not to be boring(even more so for eliminated teams  :D).
« Last Edit: February 20, 2023, 09:19 AM by jattaman »

Offline jattaman

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2023, 10:55 AM »
Uploaded a replay :). It's not perfect, but it shows some features, I will upload a better one soon.

Many changes happened in jattamediate since it first came out after lots of testing, some of them:
- I've set 3 jetpacks with 10 fuel - making it easy to allocate badly placed worms in first turn('super' select worm is often not enough), but not to go too far  :).
- crates are balanced  further - sometimes players got 2 bananas or cows in a row, while others got a weak sheep. Additional weapons in crates are balanced now, banana,cows are weaker(i wish i could change quantity of cows in crate instead...), while sheep stronger.
- adding one star flamethrower in the begining - it's weak but it's enough to push some worms around or to kill a tunnel worm  :)

I have a question, I would like to make short gifs to present jetpack+ 'super' select worm combo to players, what would be the easiest tool to do it from WA replays?

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2023, 09:58 PM »
Nice scheme jattaman, hopefully we can try it soon.

By the way, I replied your pm earlier telling you how I made the gifs posted in the Freemediate topic. I will just paste the step by step here so other people can learn too if they interested. I added some extra details so consider the tutorial posted here.

Spoiler! View
I extracted the image frames using embedded frame extractor from W:A. (Right click replay > Export video)
Remember to use low resolutions and max 30 fps so the files size don't extract too big.
The images will be stored in: Worms Armageddon\User\Capture.

I animated the gifs using this site https://ezgif.com (.zip upload)
And hosted them all using https://giphy.com

I never use imgur for that because it converts the .gif file image extension to .gifv video file and It won't display in the forum.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2023, 10:05 PM by Kaleu »
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2023, 02:20 AM »
I liked the idea of x3 Jet Packs with 10 fuel, it's different than usual.

I use the same websites Kaleu said to make and store gifs. However most of my Gifs are below 2MB because that's the limit of the wiki Worms Knowledge Base. I can make some gifs for you and share what I know about ezgif, if you want.

BTW, I noticed that you like Metal Gear Solid series too. Your worm names are cool.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 02:23 AM by FoxHound »
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline jattaman

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2023, 07:06 PM »
BTW, I noticed that you like Metal Gear Solid series too. Your worm names are cool.

Thanks, I have to say that recently I was inspired by one of the MGS3 bosses "the fury" when I added short jetpacks and flamethrower  :D.

Thank you Kaleu for your instruction, I managed to get through the process  :).

Use tools and first turn partial pacifism to reposition your worms.

Use tools and first turn partial pacifism to reposition your worms.

Short jetpack can be useful.

Flamethrower has 1 power, but can be used for example to punish tunnel rats.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 08:08 PM by jattaman »

Offline jattaman

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2023, 10:54 AM »
Hello

Many updates were made to jattamediate after many tests. I also changed description to be more readable. I give my thanks to many players that gave their suggestions during matches.

One of my concerns is that my variation tries to change many things, and sometimes I can't communicate these changes to new players briefly that are in a hurry, or we can't communicate in english and we have dissapointed quiters later on(even though the game is named "custom"), leading to worse experience for everyone included. That inspired me to make lighter editions:

https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/scheme-5030/ - one that is very close to original
https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/scheme-5035/ - one that is in the middle of the road between intermediate and jattamediate