Forums
May 04, 2024, 03:15 PM

Author Topic: Lets work on the proper 3s turn time scheme  (Read 6518 times)

Offline Uzurpator

Re: Lets work on the proper hysteria variation
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2012, 11:07 AM »
Darkone make sheme with random turn order and other changes,i think it best hysteria sheme ever =)

03:08: surgeonb2b`ckc> eh Uzur ur my nightmare

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2012, 11:20 AM »
Coste your scheme looks like AERIAL.........  ???

I was thinking the same thing! :)

Darkone make sheme with random turn order and other changes,i think it best hysteria sheme ever =)

aww, shucks, thanks :) It's too bad not enough people agree with you on that :(

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2012, 11:29 AM »
I dont want to think its my scheme. There were many hysteria variations before and Aerial is one of them. But ye, its weaponry and 3s turn inspired few of us, i guess. Point is, the concept is for sure interesting as far as my imagination goes and we should really focus to balance it out for league use.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 11:32 AM by lacoste »
<Ramone> we're just nicknames
<Ramone> isn't that sad..

<Johnny`> !fart
* Johnny` has farted out 0 Scoville units.
<Johnny`> Sonova

My W:A related channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HighCostage

Offline darKz

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2012, 11:31 AM »
Even with random turn order it's still possible to abuse piling to an extent but it's a step in the right direction. :)

And yes this is kinda turning into Aerial. :P
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline fr4nk

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2012, 11:48 AM »
I'm totally with lacoste, or at least reducing teleports will decrease the chance of watching such shameful darksiding games and make teleport kill be used only when needed (you know you can tie hysteria games the 90% of times just by teleporting?).

[15:52:06] [avirex`mm] worms is not my life, u f@#!ing loser

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2012, 11:51 AM »
I'm totally with lacoste, or at least reducing teleports will decrease the chance of watching such shameful darksiding games and make teleport kill be used only when needed (you know you can tie hysteria games the 90% of times just by teleporting?).

This is also another beautiful thing of Hysteria that adds to competition, both players are aware of this fact, and if you feel more confident to draw and rematch then start fresh, than you do to try and come out and make that 1 crucial shot, take that 1 chance that if you miss even slightly, you lose.

I usually go for the 1 shot lol.

It's so exciting xD

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2012, 11:54 AM »
Cool, but you have 2 active topics with hysteria involved. That one is about new scheme.

<Johnny`> !fart
<Johnny`> Sonova

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2012, 12:17 PM »
Even with random turn order it's still possible to abuse piling to an extent but it's a step in the right direction. :)

Turn order abuse is also possible in shopper, elite, Team17 (in sd), Intermediate (if your opponent uses all his worm selects early on) and WxW. If you think turn order abuse is be definition a bad thing, then you should complain about the use thereof in those schemes as well ;) You should be able to arm yourself against a certain degree of turn order abuse in every scheme.

I think the main problem everybody has with turn order abuse is that it's too powerful. Random turn order is my way to nerf that tactic (or let's be honest, lack thereof) so that at least somebody has to pay close attention to the turn order before they can use it - without having to add a rule about no abusive suicides and such.
Making teleports scarce will also do that, but it will limit your movements a whole lot, which is especially a bad thing if your starting positions sucked. Worm placement is a must if you're going to limit the amount of teleports imo.

But you don't have to take my word for it  8) Experiment around with schemes, see how they play out. Another way to see how scheme changes work is to host a shopper cup or tournament with your respective scheme variations. I've hosted a couple of random turn order hysteria cups and just look in this thread: Uzurpator brought up my scheme even before I had a chance to do that :)
Aerial is another magnificent example (perhaps much better than my scheme variation) - 3 cups and there are already people pushing towards putting it in the main league (and not the scheme creator himself).
If your scheme is good, support will come, as long as people are exposed to it. I fully support experimental cup 8)

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2012, 09:22 PM »
0 sec sd, starts with water rise slowly looks great.
The weapons and worm turn orders should keep as it is.
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline darKz

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2012, 10:10 PM »

Turn order abuse is also possible in shopper, elite, Team17 (in sd), Intermediate (if your opponent uses all his worm selects early on) and WxW. If you think turn order abuse is be definition a bad thing, then you should complain about the use thereof in those schemes as well ;) You should be able to arm yourself against a certain degree of turn order abuse in every scheme.

I think the main problem everybody has with turn order abuse is that it's too powerful.

The thing is, in other schemes you have 20 or even 45 seconds turn time, that's lots of time to work on a countermeasure against the piling - i.e. rope to the pile and kill both worms, happens quite frequently in Elite. In Hysteria however you only have 1 second, which basically means you're screwed once you get piled.

And yes, that's why it's too powerful. ;)
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2012, 11:47 PM »
Okay, so after today im sure theres no place for bat in this scheme. Id maybe find some occasions to use it, but anything else works as well and having it in F6 weapon menu just after girder makes it almost impossible to pick from jetpack without loosing control in tough situations (not that it cant be picked on the ground). *removing*

Mortar seem to be useless, ive no clue when it could be needed. *removing*

Another thing that we tested was number of worms. There was almost no difference in game lenght with 4 and 6 worms per player (both scenarios finished far before SD). Im not sure which option to keep yet, placement rape in case of 6 worms can be hella demanding on teleports. Definitely needs more testing.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 11:56 PM by lacoste »

<Johnny`> !fart
<Johnny`> Sonova

« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2012, 01:07 AM »
nice scheme, mole is a nice weap against darksiding!

Offline Desetroyah

« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2012, 01:10 AM »
mole is a nice weap against darksiding

mole vs dark-siding...

dark-siding... dark side... mole... maul... Dark..maul

« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 01:12 AM by Desetroyah »

« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2012, 01:49 AM »

I think the main problem everybody has with turn order abuse is that it's too powerful.

The thing is, in other schemes you have 20 or even 45 seconds turn time, that's lots of time to work on a countermeasure against the piling - i.e. rope to the pile and kill both worms, happens quite frequently in Elite. In Hysteria however you only have 1 second, which basically means you're screwed once you get piled.

And yes, that's why it's too powerful. ;)

exactly what I was going to say.  1 second turns make piling a broken strategy.  Just reducing the turn time to 3 seconds helps a lot. 

This scheme is pretty good.  The moles are a great edition - lacoste and I played 3 or 4 times today, and an unsuspected mole shot ended two of the games when we were both trying to semi-darkside
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2012, 02:43 AM »
If such modification gonna happen, leave it for the ppl who like the scheme and play without a single complain, not a bunch of hyst whiners haters .
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓