Forums
May 04, 2024, 12:12 PM

Author Topic: Lets work on the proper 3s turn time scheme  (Read 6516 times)

Re: Lets work on the proper hysteria variation
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2012, 05:06 AM »
Since D1 brought up how RR was replaced in favor of TTRR, maybe it is possible to increase hysteria's skill level and also retain its popularity. I don't think I like the idea of more than 1 second turn time, it really changes the scheme into something else.

I'm thinking that having worm select (not select worm, I mean selecting at the start of each turn) is a pretty promising idea, especially since it will go back to normal once SD hits. So if SD time is reduced (maybe with slower water rise?), you could control whether you want to go forward with worm select in play or not. Adding either kamikaze or mole seems like a very good idea to me, to have something that can target worms who hide on the sides. I think I'd favor mole since it also makes it harder to select mine. I think maybe I'll test a scheme with some of these traits, theorizing alone is never good enough.

« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2012, 09:27 AM »
Mole isn't effective for darksiding. In LW we have played for almost 4 years with mole in our so called "Histeria" version, and all that moles do against darkisiding is making the worm change the position from here to there, from here to there, and again and again. You can steal some spots anyway doing that, and that adds some "flavor" to the scheme, but is not an effective way in order to avoid the darksiding, despite that is a very good weapon for tactics... opening paths to cows, nades, petrols, etc., but not more than that.

With WS the game will focus on dominate a certain area of the map, a high side, keeping your worms close each other, waiting for the SD and gg. If your worms starts at the bottom of the map, you are almost dead. WS changes a lot the sense of Hysteria. If you can't handle the rotation, you are not doing well the things on Hysteria. If 2 players play in the same way, and the obvious final situation of 1v1 with 80hp each worm is the problem (due darksiding, or keeping your worm at one border of the map waiting for winds), maybe some limited teleports would be fine AND mole there, nothing more.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 09:43 AM by Twyrfher »

Offline cOke

« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2012, 10:10 AM »
I missed the other hysteria complaining threads, but why isn't worm select (without running down the 1s timer, using hotseat time between turns) not been accepted? Surely this would be the best option to "fix" hysteria?
HNN4EVA

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2012, 10:22 AM »
Hysteria isn't broke, it doesn't need fixed, it's a bunch of people trying to control what MI does, yet again, and he will more than likely fall for it.

Offline Free

« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2012, 11:08 AM »
Hysteria isn't broke, it doesn't need fixed, it's a bunch of people trying to control what MI does, yet again, and he will more than likely fall for it.

You should also add how great you are. Yeah we heard you already and yes your correct, we don't give a shit about classic league, we just want to control MI. Your like Nostradamus of WA

« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2012, 11:10 AM »
Mole isn't effective for darksiding. In LW we have played for almost 4 years with mole in our so called "Histeria" version, and all that moles do against darkisiding is making the worm change the position from here to there, from here to there, and again and again. You can steal some spots anyway doing that, and that adds some "flavor" to the scheme, but is not an effective way in order to avoid the darksiding, despite that is a very good weapon for tactics... opening paths to cows, nades, petrols, etc., but not more than that.

With WS the game will focus on dominate a certain area of the map, a high side, keeping your worms close each other, waiting for the SD and gg. If your worms starts at the bottom of the map, you are almost dead. WS changes a lot the sense of Hysteria. If you can't handle the rotation, you are not doing well the things on Hysteria. If 2 players play in the same way, and the obvious final situation of 1v1 with 80hp each worm is the problem (due darksiding, or keeping your worm at one border of the map waiting for winds), maybe some limited teleports would be fine AND mole there, nothing more.

Keep in mind, mole is much more usable with worm select goin' on. But I think it would help to add in some digging tool, mole, kami, drill, not sure. And once again, once SD hits, the worm selection goes away, and the game becomes as it normally is. Of course, we'd need something like 5 secs for SD, and the middle or slowest water rise setting. But yeah, limited teles seems like a viable option.

Offline fr4nk

« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2012, 11:20 AM »
Do you call it a "bunch" Komodo? I've just seen you saying "Hysteria is ok like this" or people that just can't play other schemes to win against someone.
I would say: just a bunch of guys want to keep Hysteria like it is now.

[15:52:06] [avirex`mm] worms is not my life, u f@#!ing loser

Offline darKz

« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2012, 11:37 AM »
Mablaks suggestions make a lot of sense to me, should try some of them out.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2012, 05:23 PM »
I would say: just a bunch of guys want to keep Hysteria like it is now.

Yah, it's same both ways, bunch of guys who want change, bunch of guys who don't.

Only difference is, it's the same people asking to change everything around here, and just because they and popular on WA, MI unfortunately takes them too serious at times.

Offline darKz

« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2012, 05:30 PM »
The point you refuse to see is, Komo, that change is necessary when schemes are full of flaws. It's only logical that competitive players (which is the majority of those asking for change) want the schemes to be as balanced and luckless as possible so the better player wins, not the luckiest and not the one who gets bored last.
~ Dubc 2010

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2012, 05:47 PM »
There are no flaws in Hysteria, only opinions.

What bothers me is the fact you guys are labelling your opinions as flaws, and not as what they really are, opinions.

Edit: Just because something doesn't turn out the way you feel it should, does not make it a flaw, everything that happens in Hysteria can be controlled, this means there are no flaws.

I can accept your opinions, but I cannot accept you labelling them as flaws when they just aren't, and if your opinion, is something the majority shared, I would accept that and live with it.

I prefer Hysteria the way it is now.

Offline darKz

« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2012, 06:14 PM »
I prefer Hysteria the way it is now.

That's cool then, your vote has been cast. We'll let you know the result.
~ Dubc 2010

« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2012, 06:35 PM »
Chaps, there are other threads to talk about hysteria, let's keep the chat on-topic here - so about the 3 second scheme that lacoste has suggested 8)

Re: Lets work on the 3s turn time hysteria-like scheme
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2012, 06:41 PM »
played this scheme about 6-7 more times today.  You really need to keep up with your opponent's damage output turn by turn or else you'll fall behind.  Out of all the games I played with this scheme, there were only a few instances where worm advantage was used, and it was after both teams expunged their 1 worm select.  It's a lot riskier to try to pile your opponent because you'd be surprised what you can do in 3 seconds if you are fast enough... so there is now more risk in piling your opponent since it isn't a guaranteed hit like it pretty much is in hysteria.  Overall the games were a lot more dynamic than hysteria with a lot of different weapon use and hectic button pushing to make the most out of your turn.  The moles really make it hard for you to darkside and jetpack attack every turn.
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline DENnis

« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2012, 07:00 PM »
Is it really hysteria if it's 3s turn time? I think u have invented a new scheme here, what do u want to call it?

Noobteria?

Nah joke, but it has almost nothing to do with hysteria. It is just a different scheme, if u try to compare it, it is like comparing a motorbike (fast, skillful, better reflexes, 1s) with a car (slower, comfortable, 3s, + muuuuuuuuuuuch more advantage if you start and if u have more worms at top).

I absolutely prefer flow and skill. Hysteria is good as it is, just improve your maps to get better games.

If you want to create a new scheme, np, but don't call it hysteria.