Forums
April 29, 2024, 02:15 AM

Author Topic: Lets work on the proper 3s turn time scheme  (Read 6480 times)

Lets work on the proper 3s turn time scheme
« on: July 08, 2012, 01:21 AM »
First of all im not sure if its a good idea to run such debate in public, but sooner or later we will need some agreement. Anyway community input and possibly some clever ideas can be crucial.

So the point of this topic is to find scheme that will meet conditions of a league, at the same time being fun, complete and without unnecessary tweaks that makes gameplay chaotic and totally unpredictable. Hysteria variation with turn time extended to 3 seconds and reworked weaponry sounds the most optimal as mentioned multiple times in other topics. Those who wonder how it plays may see some replays from recent Aerial cups/tournaments.

First i'll write down my proposition as for a start (note that its just a raw starter without any testing) and everyone is welcome to suggest any change, but please lets stay rational and try to not go above the limits. Too little can make the game repetitive and too much will make it overwhelming/chaotic. So, here it goes:

--------------------------------------------

Jetpack - Inf.
Low Gravity - Inf.

F1

Bazooka - Inf.

F2

Grenade - Inf.

F3

Shotgun - Inf.
Uzi - ?  - that one could be useful but for now, without deeper testing ill leave it empty
Longbow - ? - as above

F4

Fire Punch - Inf.
Kamikaze - 1 - im aware of this weapon being too powerful in some situations, however imagine the beautiful Jetpack-Kami combos

F5

Mine - Inf.
Dynamite - 1 - delay 2 turns for the sake of not going too mad at the beginning
Mole - 3 - situational weapon, hardcore darksiders must be aware of that one

F7

Blowtorch - Inf.
Pneumatic Drill - situational
Girder - 3 - good addition for darksiding, also short timer makes its use tricky

F8      

Teleport - 5

F9

Flamethrower - 1

F10

Petrol - 3

F11          

Granny - 1 - delay 2 turns

F12

Select Worm  - 1 - just 1 as a counter or rescue in some situations

Other

Starting Energy - 100
Land Objects - Mines - 8
Mine fuse - 3s
Round lenght - 2min
Turn Lenght - 3sec
Hotseat - 10sec
Land/Rope retreat - 5sec
Crates - None
Placement - Random
Sudden Death - Medium water rise
Number of worms - 4 or 6

Scheme file: https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/scheme-774/

--------------------------------------------

Just for the record - there is no rush and im aware that this case can be forgotten quickly and many people wont bother to participate, i just hope that something really good can come out of this one. When time is right we may host some cups to gather the better replays / dig scheme flaws / anything that will push it into perfection. I strongly believe that its the proper way to go and one day we will see it in classic league.

Ideas!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 03:06 PM by lacoste »
<Ramone> we're just nicknames
<Ramone> isn't that sad..

<Johnny`> !fart
* Johnny` has farted out 0 Scoville units.
<Johnny`> Sonova

My W:A related channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HighCostage

Offline GreatProfe

Re: Lets work on the proper hysteria variation
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 01:33 AM »
yeah, keep work in hysteria and let the Shopper scheme noob as it is.

Offline cOke

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 01:36 AM »
Is it really hysteria if it's 3s turn time? I think u have invented a new scheme here, what do u want to call it?
HNN4EVA

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 01:39 AM »
+inf dragonballs
+inf drill
+2-3 girders (5 teles total if girders are added)

those would be my recommendations. drills and dragonballs couldnt hurt.
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2012, 01:43 AM »
Is it really hysteria if it's 3s turn time? I think u have invented a new scheme here, what do u want to call it?

Oh cmon, i barely opened the topic and you already want a name. Lets see how it goes first. And ofcourse its not hysteria, its just variation, how else i would call it for a start.

<Johnny`> !fart
<Johnny`> Sonova

Offline cOke

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 02:47 AM »
imo drills and dragonballs were always essential additions to a hysteria scheme
HNN4EVA

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2012, 02:52 AM »
Cancel this and keep hyst as it is.
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2012, 03:10 AM »
I don't see the need for a better hysteria variation. The scheme's purpose is to attract players, if we make it more skillful, it'll cease to do that.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2012, 07:03 AM »
This is retarded, Hysteria is fine.

MI, you are in charge f@#! sake, DO SOMETHING. Save us ffs... I am not joking, I am seriously concerned and worried for this scheme... If these guys get their way with this stupidity...

Can you PLEASE once and for all, put your damn foot down, and put an end to all these topics popping up every f@#!ing 3-4 days asking to change schemes, it will NEVER end.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2012, 07:17 AM »
I don't see any problem with these. This is our community and its members are free to share their opinions. Health of a community comes from difference of opinions. I'm not gonna force my own opinion. I know that you will get muted with that temper.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2012, 07:23 AM »
Are you really ok with it?

Sorry, I will really try and be a bit more polite.

Oh and, coste, that scheme sounds fun lol, i'll play it with you, but it ain't no Hysteria mate.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2012, 08:11 AM »
Lol @ save us and save the scheme.

If Runforyourlife saw what you did to his scheme already (in the league) and the way you're playing it he would facepalm so hard he'd travel back in time and never invent it.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2012, 08:47 AM »
Lol @ save us and save the scheme.

If Runforyourlife saw what you did to his scheme already (in the league) and the way you're playing it he would facepalm so hard he'd travel back in time and never invent it.

Well, I am glad it's better the way it is now, than the way he intended it to be :)

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2012, 09:32 AM »
This ain't no hysteria, swallow it.

+inf dragonballs
+inf drill
+2-3 girders (5 teles total if girders are added)

those would be my recommendations. drills and dragonballs couldnt hurt.

Oh yeah, girders. Im just not sure how many, even for darksiding purpose. 3 sounds like ok, 5 is temping. *editing first post*

Well, drills can be useful, but isnt it too much as for F7?

Dragon balls - honestly i dont see any use other than some really obscure situations, correct me if im wrong.

I don't see the need for a better hysteria variation. The scheme's purpose is to attract players, if we make it more skillful, it'll cease to do that.

More skillful is not a good word for this one. I mean, the potential noob will have more fun having 3s instead of just 1s. Its definitely more complex than hysteria and needs different approach, tho.

<Johnny`> !fart
<Johnny`> Sonova

Offline Chelsea

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2012, 10:44 AM »
lol

Coste your scheme looks like AERIAL.........  ???

Cancel this and keep hyst as it is.

100% true Kaleu  :-[