Forums
May 04, 2024, 02:20 PM

Author Topic: Lets work on the proper 3s turn time scheme  (Read 6517 times)

Re: Lets work on the proper 3s turn time scheme
« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2012, 03:00 PM »
New changes:

- Removed Clusters
- Added 3 Drills
- Mad Cow replaced by Granny
- Teleport ammo reduced from 5 to 3

Also, now when WO is over i can make things going so i started 3s Development Cup, when its approved everybody is welcome to join.

Scheme file added to first post.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 03:07 PM by lacoste »
<Ramone> we're just nicknames
<Ramone> isn't that sad..

<Johnny`> !fart
* Johnny` has farted out 0 Scoville units.
<Johnny`> Sonova

My W:A related channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HighCostage

Offline Hussar

« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2012, 12:20 PM »
it looks almost like aerial with some changes.

but its fine for me lacoste.

i ll test it.

« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2012, 12:50 PM »
it looks almost like aerial with some changes.

"Almost" makes huge differences, check the scheme description anyway, i think its fair.

<Johnny`> !fart
<Johnny`> Sonova

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #63 on: August 29, 2012, 01:27 PM »
Why u still trying to change this adorable scheme?
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline HHC

« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2012, 02:35 PM »
I just played it with Berria  :)

It's a copy of Aerial, but with Hysteria weapons  ???

You should just play Aerial instead. The flamethrower is rather useless when you pretty much always use your jetpack and the granny isn't as good as a sheep.

The crates are also missing. They make the game a little more dynamic. Without them it tends to boil down to a BnG-sort of fight between one side of the map and the other. The crates make people leave their hides and they give some benefit to the player hiding on top (and dominating the field).

If you want to have a more hysteria-kind of game you should stick to 1 sec, or 2 sec at most. 3 sec makes Aerial and if you want a scheme like that you should go with the Aerial scheme and expand or detract weapons and options from there rather than sticking to weapons that might be useful in 1 sec schemes, but that are rather pointless in a 3 sec one.

I also don't really see the point in having 2 worms more per team. It tends to boil down to 1vs1 anyway. I think it makes the game more boring than making things more fair.

Offline Hussar

« Reply #65 on: August 29, 2012, 02:50 PM »
yeah, lets move aerial to classic league !!!!!!!!

Offline Desetroyah

« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2012, 03:00 PM »
Let's not.

« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2012, 03:09 PM »
It's a copy of Aerial, but with Hysteria weapons  ???

You should just play Aerial instead. The flamethrower is rather useless when you pretty much always use your jetpack and the granny isn't as good as a sheep.

Personally i find Aerial incomplete and way too chaotic (there are people who can back me up on this). Not my style, but i allways loved the concept of 3s jetpacking scheme. Flamethrower is indeed very useful making you be aware even more where you hide, or let you shoot through terrain (we had quite a bid good turns with flame and not just simple burning). Granny isnt as good as sheep but thats not the point. Point is to actually know when and how to use it for the best outcome from high damage weapon, plus you have both LG and non LG possibilities! Should i set Salvation Army, coz its better than Sheep?. Old lady deserves something more than just an addition in popular crate schemes and so i found a place for her in this scheme, where it works unsuprisingly well. The use of SW, Moles, LG, 3s mines and SD around 20min mark, among other things also stands out in how the scheme can be played, so i wouldnt call it a copy.

The crates are also missing. They make the game a little more dynamic. Without them it tends to boil down to a BnG-sort of fight between one side of the map and the other. The crates make people leave their hides and they give some benefit to the player hiding on top (and dominating the field).

Removing crates was the first thing to go for me. Other than that i disagree.

3 sec makes Aerial and if you want a scheme like that you should go with the Aerial scheme and expand or detract weapons and options from there rather than sticking to weapons that might be useful in 1 sec schemes, but that are rather pointless in a 3 sec one.

Thats basically what i did. Edited Aerial and changed things to be suitable for gameplay and diverse/original for a crateless scheme. Plays totally right and serves fun every game.

I also don't really see the point in having 2 worms more per team. It tends to boil down to 1vs1 anyway. I think it makes the game more boring than making things more fair.

More worms = longer game (by no means too long). Cant understand how could it be more boring and less fair in this scheme.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 03:42 PM by lacoste »

<Johnny`> !fart
<Johnny`> Sonova

Online Peja

« Reply #68 on: August 29, 2012, 09:43 PM »
really was hooked by aerial when it was released, cos it was fresh and something different. but after lots of games it gets boring for me. always the same to do, like jp nade drops or jp zooks (of course in addition to the casual bng part)

3s of coste fixes this with the addtional option of lg in combination with 3 s and weapons like moles or a granny. also u can do really cool plops with nice timing. guess this scheme has a much higher learning curve and also more dynamic. wormselect is also a nice tactical option.

removing crates was needed if you want to create a serious league scheme. to all people who want to see aerial in classic league: i wanna see your face when u get pawned by flames after a crate spawns right next to you or your oppoents gets a crate which makes him able to kill you cos cool weap.

anyway was very sceptic about the scheme of coste at the begining but now i really enjoy it. there are so many options, i hardly know what do in my turns :)
just try this scheme, you wont regret it. otherwise you get your money back muhahahahahe
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

Offline Free

« Reply #69 on: August 29, 2012, 10:35 PM »
Remove Hysteria and add this.

ALREADY!

Hysteria is a disgrace to a competitive league.. and I think and hope that Hyst fanatics will like this as much/even more.

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #70 on: August 30, 2012, 12:44 AM »
You are wrong.
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline Turko

« Reply #71 on: August 30, 2012, 01:19 AM »
Remove Hysteria and add this.

ALREADY!

Hysteria is a disgrace to a competitive league.. and I think and hope that Hyst fanatics will like this as much/even more.

Agree, or remove hysteria and add nothing  ;)
Asbest`FAW> after match I will complain to ffie 
MOD`Dmitry> ok i too 
TdC--Turko> and ill get a lawyer

Spoiler! View

TdC''Turko> When will you fix your pc?
TaG'G> Never
TaG'G> Or maybe next week

Offline Hussar

« Reply #72 on: August 30, 2012, 07:48 AM »
i just meant then this looks similiar, i like ur sheme Lacoste and all ur changes, I would like to see this in classic  >:(

Offline darKz

« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2012, 10:53 AM »
Can't get worse than what we have with Hysteria so why not. :D
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010