Forums
May 24, 2024, 10:19 AM

Author Topic: Lucky Roper [for MI, franz, Dub-c]  (Read 4894 times)

Offline Dub-c

Re: Lucky Roper [for MI, franz, Dub-c]
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2012, 02:55 PM »
avi seems to be the only one who actually understands ... :p

No.

Me too!

Ok rok, if you and I play a roper game and my crates are undeniably hareder...

That means I have to rope harder, faster, and stroner then you...

I would say that increases my odds of falling dramaticly...

So people like me and shy will blame the crates, you dub and franz will blame the fallin result of the crate.. But no, not the crate. THE FALL!

It is just true.

Just think about sport:

Person 1 runs 5 km.

Person 2 runs 10 km.

Everybody just say: Sure, it is possible that Person 2 beats Person 1 although Person 1 has such a big advantage.

But if Person 2 would complain at tus because his way was longer many people here would say: No, you were just too slow, you started too fast and then failed (got exhausted too early, fall, shit in pants, died, or what ever).

And then a lot of people will say: WOOOOOOOOOOOOW PERSON 1, VERY GOOD JOB, you won because u just did less mistakes  :D

I swear, some people on these forums just love to have an opinion and have to respond in threads even though they have no clue what they are talking about and have no experience on the matter at hand.

Dennis:

League ropers played: 18
Wins: 2

Yea you definitely have an expert opinion on this matter.

How about you run along and play a bigrr and let the ropers talk k
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 03:02 PM by Dub-c »
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline DENnis

« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2012, 04:30 PM »

I swear, some people on these forums just love to have an opinion and have to respond in threads even though they have no clue what they are talking about and have no experience on the matter at hand.

Dennis:

That's an evil fail.

At logical things like 2 + 2 = 4 you don't need much experience, you just need a brain.

I never said that I expect to win in tight parts vs a pro or lose vs a pro because of bl. You should think a little more before posting things like that.

And you shouldn't be so ignorant and keep comparing a noob with a pro.

Try to think about a game where a noob plays vs a noob. If both noobs r on the same skilllevel, that noob with 3 easy crates more ( = 3 attacks more) could have enough advantage to win it with less skill. If that noob with the victory in that cause wouldve got 4 harder crates ( = 4 attacks less) he would've lost the same game, although he has absolutely the same skill.

I know it by myself that the luck does not decide the games directly, for the detailed description you should read my first post here :-\

Edit: Insert Link: https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/schemes-13/lucky-roper-(for-mi-franz-dub-c)/msg118795/#msg118795
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 04:34 PM by DENnis »

Offline Peja

« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2012, 06:02 PM »

Dennis:

brilliant post dub, we should ban all those unexperieced noobs and only let  gods like you write their golden almighty words. didnt want to post here but, your ignorance ...
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

Offline avirex

« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2012, 11:31 PM »
yeah dub stfu... just because he does not have as many roper tus games played as you, does not mean he does not have an opinion you clown.

and, im not saying crates decide games, and thats all....

im not saying the higher skilled player will not win majority of the time...

im not saying, that bl cr8s play a bigger roll the mistakes in losing...

all im saying is that the player who got more of the impossible crates through out the game, obviously has to rope a longer distance, resulting in higher risk to make a mistake through out the game....  can anyone here disagree with that? no.

so, you can say its not the crates that make you lose, its the mistakes you make that make you lose.... but having to rope farther and longer means your at a higher risk of making mistakes..... therefor its the crates.. duh

the thing that bothers me the most about this situation is that there are things we can do in order to minimize the luck factor, but as long as you guys keep thinking there is not a luck factor, because no1 plays flawless... nothing is going to change.

and as long as dub keeps thinking he is some kind of roper guru, and trying to talk down to others because they dont have many TUS roper games played.... nothing is going to change.

shyguy said it the best... "why do we let the random generated crate engine, determine if we can make our next attack or not?"  

think about it.

edit: im still confused as to what a perfect game has to do with luck.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 11:34 PM by avirex »

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2012, 08:05 AM »
and, im not saying crates decide games, and thats all....

im not saying the higher skilled player will not win majority of the time...

im not saying, that bl cr8s play a bigger roll the mistakes in losing...

Ok. So we agree then?

The top ropers have a winning percentage comparable to all the other schemes.
The higher skilled player or the player that plays better will win a high percentage of the time.

What's the problem exactly?

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2012, 08:24 AM »
yeah dub stfu... just because he does not have as many roper tus games played as you, does not mean he does not have an opinion you clown.

I never said that Dennis doesn't have an opinion. I said his knowledge on this subject is extremely limited and his opinion is basically worthless.

As I said to Peja in AG, if I was on a forum and physicists were having a debate on quantum mechanics and string theory, even though I watched a 30 minute television show on string theory, I'm intelligent enough to realize that my opinion may not be well enough informed to start lecturing them on the subject.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 08:34 AM by Dub-c »

Offline Hussar

« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2012, 09:18 AM »

all im saying is that the player who got more of the impossible crates through out the game, obviously has to rope a longer distance, resulting in higher risk to make a mistake through out the game.

right Avi!

I can not believe that such smart peoples can not find better option for roper then those f@#!in crates.

Offline avirex

« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2012, 02:58 PM »
dub, get your giant head out of your ass....

your trying to compare your roping experience with physics of any kind? get a grip dude...   you dont even know what your talking about....

your major point in all of this is that mistakes play a bigger roll then crates do...

but you have not addressed the fact that the harder crates result in a higher chance for mistakes.... so either your too dumb to understand this logic, or you really believe your right, because your experience in roper is far greater then any of these "newbs" as you consider them.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2012, 06:49 AM »
but you have not addressed the fact that the harder crates result in a higher chance for mistakes.... so either your too dumb to understand this logic, or you really believe your right, because your experience in roper is far greater then any of these "newbs" as you consider them.

Everybody in the world needs to permanently imprint this in their memory and never forget it. I honestly laugh at people who think crates never decide a game lol, it really doesn't bother me anymore, it's just really really funny lol.

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2012, 07:49 AM »

Everybody in the world needs to permanently imprint this in their memory and never forget it. I honestly laugh at people who think crates never decide a game lol, it really doesn't bother me anymore, it's just really really funny lol.

How many games does it decide though? This is my point. It is a low percentage. Prove otherwise.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2012, 08:05 AM »
Dub-C, you seem to be forgetting what dennis said about lesser but equal skilled players playing each other, it doesn't make them unprofessional, it just makes players like you, elite. If dennis was to play someone who hasn't played Worms before, he'd look like a god.

It's like, for example, stephen hendry vs ronnie o sullivan at snooker, would be imo something like Mablak vs dibz both at their peak in roping, and then watching dennis vs peja, both games are professional, just, Mablak/dibz are the best of the best, dennis/peja are less skilled, but still professional.

crates decide the outcome of the game imo at least 20% of ALL games, not just the best players.

Offline Husk

« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2012, 10:52 AM »
and still there are no replays posted where crates decide the game

here are some replays where crates don't decide games: https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/recent-classic/Roper/?s=overall

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2012, 10:58 AM »
and still there are no replays posted where crates decide the game

Husk, let me share a very valuable quote with you "You cannot find what you are looking for, if you don't know what it is".

Same as, "If you do not know what you are searching for, you may never find it".

Offline Husk

« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2012, 11:08 AM »
I'm searching for a replay of a lost game due to crates.

Offline chakkman

« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2012, 11:08 AM »
Dub-C, you seem to be forgetting what dennis said about lesser but equal skilled players playing each other, it doesn't make them unprofessional, it just makes players like you, elite. If dennis was to play someone who hasn't played Worms before, he'd look like a god.

It's like, for example, stephen hendry vs ronnie o sullivan at snooker, would be imo something like Mablak vs dibz both at their peak in roping, and then watching dennis vs peja, both games are professional, just, Mablak/dibz are the best of the best, dennis/peja are less skilled, but still professional.

crates decide the outcome of the game imo at least 20% of ALL games, not just the best players.
The situation that 2 players of exact equal skill play each other doesn't occur. There always will be one which is more safe, which is more quick, which can handle climbs better or scroll better than the other. That's simply too theoretical. But then, would the difference in skill level make a big difference in the outcome of the game? Or will the crate luck do? I don't think so. It's a combination of many thing which make you lose or win. I think rather a change of mind is needed here. If you don't think the crates work against you then you're on a good way to get the right attitude to still win a game if you get f@#!ed by crates. :)