Forums
May 29, 2024, 03:07 PM

Author Topic: New rules for BnG  (Read 9120 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Re: New rules for BnG
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2010, 10:57 PM »
yeah, why did u detect sarcasm free? lol i thought it was a good idea.. :D

It was me that thought he was being sarcastic, because he normally sticks up for the no rules BnG side of things lol.

If someone can put together the video, I can put the replays in for the tutorial...

Offline avirex

« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2010, 11:20 PM »
darkone had a nice tutorial type thing for the trojan map he made.... showing how to do it, no idea how he typed all that shit while he was playing... lol.. musta had it macro'd who knows??

« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2010, 11:27 PM »
when you play an offline game, the chat works the same way as online, except when the chat window is down, the game freezes.

I mean...

Yeah, it was a macro :)

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #63 on: May 19, 2010, 08:27 AM »
When your as old school as me and avi. The features of the patchs always come as a surprize! I never knew that either haha

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #64 on: May 19, 2010, 11:43 AM »
Dumbasses lol, even I knew that, but only cuz I used to do that annoying thing EVERY SINGLE GAME lol:

y0 y0 y0
gl
hf

So when I done something offline i'd automatically do this as a habit lol...

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2010, 11:55 AM »
Or when you press Page Down by habit of the online chat. ^^

Well, I guess I can make a try on a replay for 3sec nades.
If it works well and you think it's good, I'll do for other shots.
Watashi wa, jinmei ni iku sa reru ka o kakunin surunoni nagai jikan o matteita.
Shikashi, tada nariyuki o mimamoru.
Jikan dake to iudarou gen'in to naru.

May the force be with you.

« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2010, 08:48 PM »
Dumbasses lol, even I knew that, but only cuz I used to do that annoying thing EVERY SINGLE GAME lol:

This is exactly why I have a replay with comment like avirex said :) I have about 40 replays where I did the same and then screw up about halfway :D

Offline Ramone

« Reply #67 on: May 21, 2010, 12:29 PM »
I wanted to make a new topic, but since this one is already called "New rules for BnG", I guess I can post it here..

I've just looked at the BnG scheme here and saw that "repeat shot" rule has been deleted... About a year and a half when TUS was starting we agreed to make that rule valid here:
https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/schemes-13/schemes-explanations-rules-or-submit-a-new-one-%29/30/

I've asked MI what happened and he showed me this:
https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/complaints/14542-1384/

Apart of that he told me that some players were asking him to delete that rule im PM's or MSN..

Ok, maybe I shouldn't be the one to start this subject (again) since I don't play TUS league, but same as back then I am trying to point on this matter in sake of BnG scheme itself..
If new players get used to throw 3 sec nades all the game, I see BnG as a very unpopular scheme in the future... (maybe changed name to NtD (Nade to Death) would suit better)..
I won't repeat myself, U can read my opinion about this in the topic that I've posted a link..

So, maybe a poll? What do U think?

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #68 on: May 21, 2010, 01:31 PM »
Apart of that he told me that some players were asking him to delete that rule im PM's or MSN..
"repeat shot" rule has been deleted...
Wtf ? Is that true ? A such thing shouldn't be tolerated. How the hell could you be so much biased ? This isn't how acts an admin man.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #69 on: May 21, 2010, 02:22 PM »
What? You mean me?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #70 on: May 21, 2010, 08:11 PM »
Ramone, Abnaxus, just forget about it, it's the rules of TuS, remember you cannot expect a newcomer of the game to able to play BnG like we do at a2b.

The rules for TuS are fine , if you ever play TuS I know it's hard to do (not literally hard, I mean as in wouldn't want to) but if someone repeats you, you will just have to repeat them back...

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #71 on: May 22, 2010, 01:14 AM »
The rule isn't the problem.

The thing is MI modified a scheme rule because some players asked him in PM.
It means nobody knew about this change: no thread, no pool.
Maybe 90% of the players didn't want to change the rule, but as 2-3 players wanted it, it had been done: this is just unbelievable !
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 01:16 AM by Abnaxus »

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #72 on: May 22, 2010, 04:38 AM »
lol are you actually judging me by that? XDDD

I've asked MI what happened and he showed me this:
https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/complaints/14542-1384/

As you know I made TUS purely out of people's ideas. But at the beginning, our forum wasn't active enough so I used to take ideas from everywhere. But right now, I always ask people to post on the forums.

TUS is not working for the sake of a particular scheme (BnG in this case), but the sake of the community. One very big issue in this community is, if you even manage to change a scheme rule, how much the community will read/understand it? Look at TUS, it is translated in 15 languages! It has managed to bring a lot of fallen parts of the community together, but the interesting part:
No one said anything when I deleted the rule from BnG, like it wasn't existed in the first place! The community knows BnG rules over the years. Like 5 sec nade is not allowed. Nobody asks why it was made or why it is not allowed If I can manage to hit my opponent without it being sitter.

No-repeating-shots was there in the rules, nobody obeyed it, nobody noticed when It got deleted.
I have no problem to put it back, if you really care oyu can start a new topic, even a poll to ask people what they want.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #73 on: May 22, 2010, 08:11 AM »
I can see where Abnaxus is coming from, it's a bit of a bummer when rules are changed without warning, I think he's just implying that a warning would have been good.

The repeat rule is madness lol, if you don't explain it in-depth people won't understand it or even bother too, not everyone can do over 10 different types of shots in BnG which is why repeats are allowed, I personally feel there should be a restraint on it, it should only be allowed to a certain extent, meaning you should at least TRY another few shots of a different variety before you can repeat the shot you hit with...

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #74 on: May 22, 2010, 11:40 AM »
As I already said it, I don't care about the rule itself.....

But at the beginning, our forum wasn't active enough so I used to take ideas from everywhere.
This would have been enough on your post. And my bad, I talked a bit too much without knowing.

Komo, you're right about the warning, but I also though few players asked him in PM/MSN to change the rule and he did it without asking the rest of the community.
But nevermind, he answered about it.