Forums
May 02, 2024, 04:11 PM

Author Topic: New rules for BnG  (Read 8943 times)

Offline obscure

New rules for BnG
« on: December 05, 2009, 11:01 AM »
i know it has been a lot of talking about BnG by ramone in the past and unfortunately there was not a good respond to it but i'm here to say that i really think that we need some new rules for BnG to avoid being lame in it and help everyone to learn it better.i know if we put a poll here most ppl will go for the recent bng rules and its because they just care about winning a league game and it doesnt matter to them to be lame or not.i think we must force ppl to play with the new rules,it sux at the start but its gonna be cool later :)
MonkeyIsland on August 26, 2010, 09:39 am:I'm considered as a noob

Re: New rules for BnG
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 11:30 AM »
Well, you can always try adopting the rules we used in a Style BnG tourney in the olympics:

1) if you hit your opponent with a zook, you must hit your opponent with a grenade before you can use the bazooka again

2) for the grenades, there are 3 possible shots: normal grenade (A), lg grenade (B), grenade that's been bounced against the floor before flying off (C) (i.e. aiming down) with or without lg (though usually with lg)

If you hit your opponent with shot A, you're not allowed to attempt to do so again until you've hit him/her with shot B and C. Same applies with the other shots of course :)

Considering there's only a limited amount of teleports, this makes it very unwise to place your worm on the edge of the map or within a space that's too well covered by the map.

Give it a thought

Offline obscure

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 12:43 PM »
ye its cool but i think a2b's rules were less complicated,anyway i think first we must see whats gonna happen and whats MI and the other mods think about new rules and then we set them
MonkeyIsland on August 26, 2010, 09:39 am:I'm considered as a noob

Offline Rok

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 03:57 PM »
I'm ok with rules changes if they can improve things and prevent complaints. So post some actual ideas about what you think should be changed, be more specific, and we'll see what comes out of it.
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline Ray

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 06:07 PM »
I would forbid using 4sec nades and also it should be a rule to use a different kind of attacking method every turn (bazooka, 3sec nade, 5sec nade LG...).

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2009, 06:57 PM »
The problem is, any stricter rules which would easly help the standard of the scheme and sportsmenship will be lost in translation for sure!

Try getting a zillian to understand such rules of style bng!

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2009, 07:25 PM »
plenty of zillians who can speak english well that can help translate the rules, there must be at least 1 in the ones signed up here!

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2009, 07:36 PM »
just think it would take some time for these rules to be learnt by the community, but i guess the rules have developed over the years anyway and people have learnt them

Offline Random00

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2009, 04:24 PM »
There is one solution that was highly discussed in the FB forums: No Rules BnG.
Weaps: Zook, Nades, Torch, Drill, Firepunch and Teleport (everything unlimited)
Rules: kill your opponent, before you're dead.
I just try to give you the most important pros and cons:
pro:
- no discussion about cows or rules in general, cause there are no rules at all.
- faster games in general
cons:
- its just not the same compared to "normal" bng, its not just about throwing nades and fireing zooks, its also about hiding and finding the easiest shot that will do the most damage and push the opponent in a bad hide
- its lame / less stylish shots in games

I personally love this scheme and I think that nrbng should replace normal bng in league games, cause I really hate discussions about style and/or rules in bng games, but I usually have them in every 2nd bng game...

Offline Free

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2009, 06:47 PM »
So if I hit 46hp hit with 4s nade, I'm doing something lame?

If you stay on the same hide and I'm able to get the same shot next turn, I'm doing something lame?

It just can't go like that.

No rules is the only way to go.

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2009, 06:57 PM »
we could make a rules/explanation for both nr and style bng, and if you have an opponent willing to play the one you want there would be written rules for it, other then that i think no matter what theres always gonna be disagreements between some players about bng

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2009, 07:31 PM »
its true, we'll never be able to agree on bng.

Ive played loads of variations of bng, bng unachored for example changes the game alot.

I think the current rules are fine, you get nice games. you dont see many complaints, and normally if u have unlimited teleports and a nice map you and avoid getting cheaped and win vs cheap tactics with nice shots anyway. Or you can cheap back. whatever floats ur boat.

I think more time just needs to be used in map making to produce maps with loads of hides. Then its not such an issue if someone is lame shotting u every turn.

Offline Rok

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2009, 07:34 PM »
Discussions about bng poped out every few months over all those years of w:a leagues. We can't discover America again, AFAIK nobody succeded in making bng non-controversial so far. But I would love to give NRbng a try, it can't hurt to enable it as another option of playing bng in this league, and it would bring some more diversity.

Other than that, the rules of the regular bng DO need some reworking, imo.

EDIT: my post seems a bit obsolete since Chicken was faster for a minute :)
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2010, 12:18 AM »
w2 played bng with no rules now for ever. Not one argument. To me absolutely no rules is the best. 5 sec nades, sitters, and w/e.
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline beer

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2010, 12:58 AM »
ae dub. lol
ckc is just agains evrything that u said :D, funny

drama queen iz back