Forums
May 02, 2024, 08:50 PM

Author Topic: Roper: allow 2 worms option in 1v1  (Read 2885 times)

Offline Kaleu

Re: Roper: allow 2 worms option in 1v1
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2012, 02:07 AM »
I support you franz.

@spectreXS
Too good english to be zillian, heh.
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline avirex

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2012, 08:00 PM »
w2roper is the best rope scheme available... when i tried to get it accepted, there were many haters, or people who just voted no because they did not want change...

anyone that plays it though, learns to love it, and realize its a skill full of skill and strategy...

w2roper should be played more in leagues (it is an accepted tus scheme)

im going to start picking it more

Offline SpectreXS

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2012, 09:32 PM »
I support you franz.

@spectreXS
Too good english to be zillian, heh.
Yeah a lot of people say that when I start trash-talking on wormet :) thx; and I am a newcomer to these forums!!

I agree with avirex. I think both schemes should be played.
Just to make a point, I don't think this is some kind of solution to crate luck, and this is something that people shouldn't try to change at all (it will always exist anyway, no matter what gimmick you do to the scheme).

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2012, 09:33 PM »
Best rope scheme available goes to ttrr, no luck based as roper, but roper still great scheme and will always be.

→ The best of Kaleu ←

Offline Husk

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2012, 09:47 PM »
I am a newcomer to these forums!!

u r definitely not a newcomer, but another alias

Offline SpectreXS

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2012, 02:05 AM »
I am a newcomer to these forums!!

u r definitely not a newcomer, but another alias

Are you eleven years old or what? I don't see why posting this twice...  :o

If this isn't a troll, you can check me out on youtube, twoplustwo, smogon... if it's a joke I'm really not getting it.  :)

Offline Husk

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2012, 02:58 AM »
it's ok  :) :) :) :) :)

Offline SpectreXS

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2012, 04:26 AM »
Best rope scheme available goes to ttrr, no luck based as roper, but roper still great scheme and will always be.

Just to make a point before going away for christmas parties... why tt rope race is not luck based as roper? Just because there are no crates? Crates are the only luck factor in worms? If so, just because they're a purely random event, and things that aren't a purely random event can't be considered luck?

Rope racing requires a lot of precision. Precision leads to near-to-pixel-perfect timings, so that you can beat that oponent by that one little second, and if you make a slight mistake or the wind blows against your favor while pulling off a parachute trick you are "worse than your opponent"? Not to mention the size of the maps that is directly proportional to the probability to make a game-decisive mistake. In my opinion ttrr (and other rope race variations) are as just competitive as roper, wxw and shopper. Crate luck is just something that you have to deal with. Trying to "solve" it to make the game "only skill, absolutely no luck" is just utopic. It all becomes a whole mental masturbation. Major competitive games DO HAVE luck, in case someone doesn't know it. I could get some examples, but the competitive games I play aren't that popular nor respected enough, and I've never played starcraft :).

I'm not arguing with/offend anyone. I'm not trying to start a flame war or saying that I have the best understanding of games in the world. It's just that many people look at a scheme and say "oh you can get lucky at there there and there, it makes the game non-competitive" when it's actually not true. ALL tournaments in ALL games aren't won by the best of the world (in fact there isn't such thing as that) and neither are supposed to prove that. But one thing is true: skilled players get better results on the long run, that's what make a game competitive. I just thought it would be nice to post something about it.

I hope those who read it could get my idea. Thanks. ...and I'm not going to write a wall of text each time someone replies  ::)

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2012, 04:41 AM »
man come on its obvious rr is less luck than roper although rope requires a different skill set to play it for instance im sure u can rope rape faster in roper. o0 but ive seen many games in roper where crates fuc u over especially if u have lead advantage in roper u can hide on top or not worry so much about roping fast its cr8 luck man

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2012, 04:42 AM »
and i do like this w2 roper scheme but 5sec retreat isnt much to pile worm unless zook = 55 so basically u dont have to wait for ages to pile the worm with 5 sec retreat which doesnt work if u use mine per example.

Offline Peja

« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2012, 05:10 AM »
I'm not arguing with/offend anyone. I'm not trying to start a flame war or saying that I have the best understanding of games in the world.

hsuhahhahahahaha porra ae komo  ;D
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2012, 05:54 AM »
Definately an alias ^^

→ The best of Kaleu ←