Forums
April 30, 2024, 05:22 PM

Poll

Would you participate in experimental hysteria cup with new rules? (for the sake of just giving it a chance)

Yes
No

Author Topic: Rules in Hysteria?  (Read 3519 times)

Offline Xrayez

Rules in Hysteria?
« on: September 27, 2013, 11:40 AM »
    The terms that I used to describe the rules:
    Spoiler! View
    • Telecow - applying turn advantage using teleport.
    • Jetcow - applying turn advantage using jetpack.
    • Landcow - applying turn advantage without using neither teleport nor jetpack.
    • Telecide - suiciding by dropping a worm from a height using teleport.
    • Jetcide - suiciding by dropping a worm from a height using jetpack.
    • Landcide - suiciding without using neither teleport nor jetpack.
    • Active worm - a worm that takes turn at the moment
    • Non-active worm - a worm that doesn't take turn at the moment
    • Grave damage - damage of a worm when it dies.

The Rules of Hysteria

Short idea: Player who committed suicide with his worm is disallowed to use neither teleport nor jepack during next turn.

Full idea:
    Spoiler! View

1. Telecow, Jetcow, Landcow are allowed;
    2. Telecide, Jetcide, Landcide and any other kind of suicide (not killing) are allowed,
        but player who committed suicide with his worm is disallowed to use neither teleport nor jepack during next turn.

In case of breaking 2nd rule (player did use teleport or jetpack after committing suicide on his next turn) - cow:
    • The player must to skip his next turn;
    • If breaker did not skip his next turn - automatic lose for a breaker;
    • More than 2 cows - automatic lose for a breaker

Version #2 (longer with exceptions)  :-\ ???
    Spoiler! View

1. Telecide, Jetcide, Landcide and any other kind of suicide with your active worm are allowed, but only if: 
    • That suicide deals some grave damage to the opponent's worm (even indirectly, for example, you use your grave explosion to push mines, or to blow up barrels);
    • To kill opponent's worm with any weapon and you may suicide your active worm (simultaneously or by order)
    In case of fail to do options 1 or 2 - you are disallowed to use neither teleport nor jepack next turn. But, see the list below for some exceptions:

Other allowed methods to suicide/kill your worms without taking any penalty:
    • killing your non-active worm
    • using pre-generated objects (mines, barrels) and flames on the map + previously dropped mines by player

End of Rules

Here's the list of good things:
    • These rules prevent games to be very fast, because everybody can plop their worms by chain to prevent being cowed. As a result, a game becomes "BnG" game with 1 second, without all good things that exist in hysteria  :'(
    • It's a sin to suicide, those rules will relieve your soul xD
    I hope to see more followers to this idea  8)[/list][/list][/list][/list]
    « Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 11:45 AM by Xrayez »

Offline Peja

Re: Rules in Hysteria?
    « Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 11:44 AM »
    Thats worse than Bng rules xdddddd
    VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
     VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

Offline Xrayez

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 11:46 AM »
    The rules are pretty much simple if you read the main idea  :-X
    Didn't expect good vibe from you though  :D

Offline ANO

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 12:01 PM »
    I appreciate your work but I personally super like the way hyst is now. Especially suiciding your worm killing the opponent's one and also the piling stuff. And this is all the game, if you remove it, what does it rest? Nothing.
    It's "hysteria", it has to be a fast scheme, it's a fast food scheme, shit food that sometime you want and you enjoy.
    No Rules ;)
    « Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 12:04 PM by ANO »

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 12:01 PM »
    heh  :D

Offline Xrayez

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2013, 12:05 PM »
    I appreciate your work but I personally super like the way hyst is now. Especially suiciding your worm killing the opponent's one and also the piling stuff. And this is all the game, if you remove it, what does it rest? Nothing.
    It's "hysteria", it has to be a fast scheme, it's a fast food scheme, shit food that sometime you want and you enjoy.
    No Rules ;)
    Actually, you CAN suicide your worm to kill other worm, read the rules more carefuly ;o
    Ridiculous is: plopping all the worms into the water and playing bng game with 1 sec xD

Offline ANO

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2013, 12:11 PM »
       2.3. It is allowed to damage your active worm in any way possible, but be careful to not to kill your active worm.

Offline Xrayez

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2013, 12:14 PM »
       2.3. It is allowed to damage your active worm in any way possible, but be careful to not to kill your active worm.
    I meant that you can't kill your active worm using your weapon arsenal, but tele/jet/landciding is allowed, edited
    See allowed methods, any other method is forbidden

Offline ANO

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2013, 12:17 PM »
    hyst is a simple scheme, no rules. This imply various hyst strategies depending on what kind of playing is using your opponent, including suiciding all your worms except for one). Or using bomb-race skills to kill yrself and the opponent :)
    Is only this no rules that makes this game a bit funny without  too much pretensions.

Offline Xrayez

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2013, 12:22 PM »
    But imo, only one rule should be enough to clean the hysteria scheme tremendiously: to forbid plopping your active worm xD
    That's only my opinion how the hysteria scheme should be.  ;)

Online Triad

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2013, 12:24 PM »
    I thought one of you would suggest something like cba afr ktl in shopper for prevent quitters, noobs etc. when i saw the topic name.

Btw i prefer no rules in hysteria too.

Offline Peja

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2013, 12:49 PM »
    The rules are pretty much simple if you read the main idea  :-X
    Didn't expect good vibe from you though  :D

you used 351 words in 15 sentences to make rules xD real? nice effort though :)
    i dont like forcing up a specific style of playing, thats all. imo keep wba in wxw and throw all other rules into the trash can. people who prefer to play effective can do their game same as people who prefer creativity. to put limits always sucks for specific categories of gamestyles.

Offline Xrayez

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2013, 12:52 PM »
    I can't hear your suggestion, pej. Say "no rules" in hysteria or suggest your idea  ;) And poll added btw

"Well, the main idea is: you're not allowed to kill your active worm (with exeptions), but it is allowed to kill your non-active worms." The only exeption would be: tele\jet\landcide

At least consider that rule xD
    « Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 01:01 PM by Xrayez »

Offline Peja

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2013, 01:30 PM »
    i cant consider any additional rules to schemes because i believe everyone can handle this game for him/herself in a way he/she enjoys.  i dont need a f@#!ing xrayez who tells me not to kill my active worms in the same  way as i dont need a f@#!ing chelsea who tells me to kill my active worms.

Offline barman

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2013, 01:44 PM »
    How to break a scheme, lesson one: add 870692740967 additional rules ;)
    My WA compilation videos: 2007 2013
    My photography work

Quote from: Statik
    barman's fails are best