Forums
May 07, 2024, 02:07 PM

Author Topic: Top Scheme Ideas  (Read 3904 times)

Re: Top Scheme Ideas
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2013, 01:57 AM »
Would you guys still want rope knocking to be allowed in Elite and T17 if there was an option to easily enable or disable it in the scheme file?
Not at all, just play in #pt, years playing Elite without rk and the complaints about that would be like 1 of 1000?

Offline franz

« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2013, 06:22 PM »
adding these to my original post:

ELITE: keep Rope Knocking off.  No one really complains about the no Rope Knocking rule that's been in place anyway so I don't think it needs a change just for the sake of change.  I realize Barman was the first to suggest this here, who has been playing Intermediate more lately, so that's probably where he got the idea from, but I think keeping Rope Knocking off is a perfectly fine rule that should stay.  Try Rope Knocking in Intermediate games or maybe Elite-variants.

TTRR: don't go more than 3 worms.  Keeping the worm count at 3 is best.  If anything, less worms down to 2 would be more exciting and thrilling, but I think 3 has been a nice balance for a long time, and more worms just waters down the quality of play.

Offline OrangE

« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2013, 06:25 PM »
i strongly think that if elite it's supposed to stay a non-knocking scheme there should be a scheme fix in some way, or it should be played in a channel where knocking isnt working.

5 worms in ttrr could be good OR a bad thing. i didn't try it yet competitively so i still don't know.

Offline ANO

« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2013, 06:28 PM »
maybe 5 worms is too much for leagues  I think... it cut off the stress and the adrenalina... 3 is the best I think... maybe 4.. but 5 is too much...

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2013, 06:40 PM »
Imo 4 worms in TTRR is pretty. Sometimes the maps are tight or there are some fail zones where we lost 2/3 turns. It's kinda normal because the game objective is to be fast and i guess 4 worms gives a battle better than 3 worms-safe runnings.

Offline franz

« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2013, 06:42 PM »
i strongly think that if elite it's supposed to stay a non-knocking scheme there should be a scheme fix in some way, or it should be played in a channel where knocking isnt working.

5 worms in ttrr could be good OR a bad thing. i didn't try it yet competitively so i still don't know.

Deadcode/CyberShadow as far as I know are still promising a rewrite of scheme settings to allow a clickable option for Rope Knocking, and that could still be a long ways a way, but at least that idea is out there.  As far as hosting Elites in AnythingGoes, there really haven't been almost any complaints on this because people know the risk of hosting there, and it's just convenient, so most people are lenient when a little nudge happens that doesn't affect gameplay.  Anything more controversial is more easily handled in complaints with Mod insight, and I think all previous cases of this have been handled appropriately.  Still, for anyone who is still bothered by even a possibility of Rope Knocking happening, they always have the option to force hosting in PartyTime, but almost no one ever asks for it.

Yeah, I'll still say 3, or even 2 worms in TTRR if people want to try change, that's just my opinion.

Offline SPW

« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2013, 11:11 PM »
adding these to my original post:

ELITE: keep Rope Knocking off.  No one really complains about the no Rope Knocking rule that's been in place anyway so I don't think it needs a change just for the sake of change.  I realize Barman was the first to suggest this here, who has been playing Intermediate more lately, so that's probably where he got the idea from, but I think keeping Rope Knocking off is a perfectly fine rule that should stay.  Try Rope Knocking in Intermediate games or maybe Elite-variants.

TTRR: don't go more than 3 worms.  Keeping the worm count at 3 is best.  If anything, less worms down to 2 would be more exciting and thrilling, but I think 3 has been a nice balance for a long time, and more worms just waters down the quality of play.

100% agree.

Offline Rogi

« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2013, 06:17 AM »
What about shopper? Do u have some ideas for scheme instead of shopper.
Don't know why, but first what came to my empty head is dabble  & Fidget :-):-)
Balanced, Interesting, original ::)
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Calm the hell down.|

Offline Rogi

« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2013, 12:58 PM »
gygu900
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Calm the hell down.|

« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2013, 05:12 PM »
Hysteria should have moles, not many, something 3 or 4, to prevent darksiding.
Here comes the snow