Forums
May 02, 2024, 06:12 PM

Author Topic: Tus schemes?  (Read 3117 times)

Offline Conny

• Quack

• Sweden Sweden
  • Quack!
    • View Profile
    • My website
Tus schemes?
« on: November 09, 2012, 10:31 PM »
I don't get what scheme to get. When I go to the schemes page, there's craploads of schemes. I dunno which one is the right one to use.

Is there some list that I can't manage to find?
Former xANKAx member.

Offline Pleiadian

Re: Tus schemes?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 10:48 PM »

Offline Conny

• Quack

• Sweden Sweden
  • Quack!
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 11:34 PM »
 :-*
Former xANKAx member.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 11:23 AM »
Why does the shopper scheme have an AFR rule?

Even worse, why is there a mention of AFC in its rules?
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Husk

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2012, 02:50 PM »

because afr is part of tus shopper rules

because afc is worth to mention?

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2012, 03:54 PM »

because afr is part of tus shopper rules

because afc is worth to mention?

Good job Husk, you provided two answers but managed to answer nothing.

I'll be less subtle:

Who decided to add AFR to shopper and why? Is there any logic behind having an irrelevant rule that does nothing? There was no AFR in FB, arguably the league in which shopper was played most competitively.

There's a reason why there's AFR in a scheme like roper, because it's balance around having just enough time to attack and to avoid making hard hides irrelevant by the use of straight zooks from the ground.

However, it makes no sense in Shopper. Shopper isn't a roping scheme. It's a scheme in which strategy is much more important than skill. And you're hurting strategy by limiting choices. Forcing people to attack in a certain way limits choices and therefore creativity and strategy. Plus with such long turn times (enough time to knock) and such big arsenal of weapons hard hides are already irrelevant. You'll never be worse off because your opponent didn't attack from rope, if you were hiding in a place where he could attack you from the ground, with ease, then you aren't in a hard hide by shopper standards to begin with.

AFR adds nothing to shopper, it limits the scheme, it makes it worse.

I know you just added it because Wooka's scheme was like that and because noobs like this rule because they think attacking from the rope with so much time is a skill, it shouldn't be considered a skill in competitive shopper games, it's not.

If I pile a worm perfectly, in order to be able to drop a nade inside him and predict his landing, why force me to spend 0.3 more seconds to press f8 space f2 enter?. What a redundancy don't you think?

Just change it already
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 03:57 PM by ropa »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Husk

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2012, 04:01 PM »
maybe something we could try in trl before making the changes to tus shopper?

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2012, 04:07 PM »
i feel loved... lol how many times will it take for u to understand that the shopper scheme/rules hasnt had anything to do with me for over 3 years  ::)

it was voted on originally, i also prefer no afr... the community wanted it

Offline HHC

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2012, 04:32 PM »
Plus with such long turn times (enough time to knock) and such big arsenal of weapons hard hides are already irrelevant. You'll never be worse off because your opponent didn't attack from rope, if you were hiding in a place where he could attack you from the ground, with ease, then you aren't in a hard hide by shopper standards to begin with.

Not really, a lot of hides in shopper maps are really hard to attack zooking from the rope. Or even knocking into. It would be really easy to attack those hides from the grounds, definitely worth giving up your retreat for.

Also, a hit from the ground almost always does 100% of the damage. It's a bit harder releasing weaps from the rope, especially in hard spots (see above).

It's good as it is.

Offline darKz

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2012, 04:57 PM »
No AFR in Shopper makes the scheme so much better. I still don't know how it even ended up in the rule set. HHC, a hit from the ground almost always means a worse hide. If I can do more damage or kill a worm from the ground but I'll have a worse hide then it's something to think about and adds a little bit more complexity to the scheme imo. But this is gonna be just like Hysteria, once included it'll never disappear because there's always tons of people who "like it the way it is".
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2012, 05:13 PM »
Plus with such long turn times (enough time to knock) and such big arsenal of weapons hard hides are already irrelevant. You'll never be worse off because your opponent didn't attack from rope, if you were hiding in a place where he could attack you from the ground, with ease, then you aren't in a hard hide by shopper standards to begin with.

Not really, a lot of hides in shopper maps are really hard to attack zooking from the rope.

Who cares? Do you only have zooks? You don't have enough time to grab a crate and knock? The scheme is balanced around many weapons and long turn times to knock, that's why piling is key, and that's why attacking from the ground is a risk-reward choice, in which you could potentially give up the most important aspect of a turn, the piling, just to get a shot in.

It would be really easy to attack those hides from the grounds, definitely worth giving up your retreat for.

Giving up retreat time and a pile for 50 damage tops? You're full of it, come back to earth.

Also, a hit from the ground almost always does 100% of the damage. It's a bit harder releasing weaps from the rope, especially in hard spots (see above).

Strictly depends on the weapon and the hide. You speak as if Shopper only used bazookas and mortars.

HHC, you will automatically put down anything that comes from my username, many times, looking completely naive in the process, for someone with such an experience in this game it would help you long ways if you started listening as opposed to confronting anything that comes from players striving for competition just because you have a different understanding of competition.

The only justification for AFR, the one you used, which is, removing it makes the game easier, is bullocks, like I said, attacking from the ground will result in a disadvantage for the attacker unless he knows what he is doing. It's a choice that adds to the strategy. It's a pointless rule, it has no thought behind it, the only reason it's imposed it's because this league got schemes from public games as opposed to previous league, with all the previous work put into them.

AFR was firstly removed in FB based on this arguments. You want to add them again on what basis? That no AFR makes shopper easier?

My respect for you HHC steadily decreases every time you make a post in this forum. You've played this game for 14 years and cannot even get your head around a scheme like Shopper. Seems as if you don't even fully comprehend it. Either that, or bias ain't letting you sound anything other than naive, for the lack of a better non offensive term.

edit:
Quote from: HHC
really hard to attack zooking from the rope. Or even knocking into.

I'd love to see examples of this. Of both these things in one hide. So i can load up a replay of me getting a crate, knocking and attacking in less than half the time I normally have in a Shopper.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 05:19 PM by ropa »
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Conny

• Quack

• Sweden Sweden
  • Quack!
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2012, 06:07 PM »
Hm.. this escalated quickly..
Former xANKAx member.

Offline Crazy

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2012, 06:20 PM »
Ropa makes some valid points here, and it's a bit odd how quickly his suggestions and questions for debate are being turned down. While we're at it, we could simply reinforce the rules in Elite predate FB as well.

Offline Husk

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2012, 06:25 PM »
why is rope knocking illegal in elite and t17???????

Offline Conny

• Quack

• Sweden Sweden
  • Quack!
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2012, 06:32 PM »
I actually do agree with ropa to some extent but I doubt any changes would ever be made since shopper has always worked this way. However, considering it's a good point it might be a good idea to introduce an alternative to this scheme where this rule is removed? I personally enjoy the AFR rule but I can see the fun in not having the rule. Go with both?

On a side note, why do you always seem so pissed? :|
Former xANKAx member.