Forums
May 15, 2024, 12:25 PM

Author Topic: cheap usb shippable kb for roping  (Read 4701 times)

Offline Chelsea

Re: cheap usb shippable kb for roping
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2013, 11:28 AM »
* SpideR needs an active clan... boo @franz/mir!

CAT ^^

Offline SpideR

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2013, 11:33 AM »
Chelsea, I'm a nasty dog!  8)

Offline Anubis

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2013, 04:44 PM »
It's so nice to see Anubis speaking warmly of the IBM Rapid Acess Keyboard every time there is a discussion about which KB to use :) I can advice this one as well Fada. It's perfect for roping, typing and any other use. It's also a keyboard which you can expect to last for a very long time. This is the exact same keyboard I have been using since 2001, and it's working as if it was brand new. Just look at my roping, that's how I roll :P

[attachment=1]

You'll need a converter as it doesn't come in USB, but a converter is cheap and easy to use. Go for this KB; you won't regret it!!!!

That's why I bought them in stock! I still have 5 kbs when I saw them dirt cheap for like 3 Euro each. They also gain value over time, not like the mechanical ones since it's a rubberdome one, though. But for a rubberdome it's among the best, no question.

Offline deejay

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2013, 06:25 PM »
The one deejay posted looks like a really bad keyboard for anything except carrying it around and showing it to friends in very dark places.

There are keyboards like that one that are super reliable and accurate, but that ain't a membrane keyboard. I'd be surprised if it doesn't come with a left key + space keylock.

Lol ropa, ive tested this KB. nd ill tell you one thing its a hell of alot better for roping than ANY Mechanical with cherry reds ;)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 06:32 PM by deejay »

Offline deejay

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2013, 06:29 PM »
when youve got a small budget and are lookign for a nice sensitive keyboard you need to open your horizons a bit bigger, not everyones got 100$ to drop on a shitty mechanical like you ropa
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 06:32 PM by deejay »

Offline Anubis

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2013, 08:25 PM »
Calm down, it's just a keyboard!

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2013, 08:46 PM »
when youve got a small budget and are lookign for a nice sensitive keyboard you need to open your horizons a bit bigger, not everyones got 100$ to drop on a shitty mechanical like you ropa

mine only cost 40€  with 24h shipping and it probably is expensive because I'm also paying a brand

and the quality to price ratio is much higher than in yours mainly based on the fact that leds are nothing practical but a pretty expensive gimmick and mine is built to last.

he's asking for an allaround keyboard on a budget, something that will last, sorry to have the opinion that your advice is a bad one, it's nothing personal. There's been, however, good advice here, most 2000 (specially early 2000) and onwards Logitech/Microsoft keyboards are great (some amazing for roping), and they're actually pretty resistant, yours might be, it certainly doesn't look like it is.

and cherry reds are not perfect for worms but I'm pretty sure there are better keyboards with them. Not sure why they're even in the discussion anyway.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 08:51 PM by ropa »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline zippeurfou

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2013, 09:39 PM »
Well, thanks for your opinion ropa. Sad, it's a bit too late and I bought deejay kb. I'll get it thursday/friday. I'll tell you if it suits me. As I said earlier, I only had shitty keyboard so I don't really mind if it's not the best.
At least if there are other people like me who looks for the same kind of keyboard they'll have a thread now :).

Offline deejay

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2013, 10:09 PM »

mine only cost 40€  with 24h shipping and it probably is expensive because I'm also paying a brand

and the quality to price ratio is much higher than in yours mainly based on the fact that leds are nothing practical but a pretty expensive gimmick and mine is built to last.

he's asking for an allaround keyboard on a budget, something that will last, sorry to have the opinion that your advice is a bad one, it's nothing personal. There's been, however, good advice here, most 2000 (specially early 2000) and onwards Logitech/Microsoft keyboards are great (some amazing for roping), and they're actually pretty resistant, yours might be, it certainly doesn't look like it is.

and cherry reds are not perfect for worms but I'm pretty sure there are better keyboards with them. Not sure why they're even in the discussion anyway.

This keyboard is more worms friendly than any mechanical; if im not mistaken fada asked about a cheap keyboard with the main intention for roping.
and he also noted that he uses his keyboard frequently so he would want something with a bit of support. no where do i see him asking for a All-Around keyboard.

The main reason hes buying is because he wanted a keyboard he could rope on, I gave him a example of one that I was considering getting instead of my Logitech illuminated, the logisys is a nice keyboard almost identical to the logitech illuminated(ive had over 10 GOOD keyboards over my years of worming and this is byfar the best for roping) very sensitive+responsive keys + No keylock.. what more could you really want in a cheap keyboard for worms.

You come to the topic bringing no real information to start besides trashing the keyboard that fada has already bought also a keyboard that you've only seen in pictures. LOL

Offline Anubis

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2013, 11:29 PM »
Well, thanks for your opinion ropa. Sad, it's a bit too late and I bought deejay kb. I'll get it thursday/friday. I'll tell you if it suits me. As I said earlier, I only had shitty keyboard so I don't really mind if it's not the best.
At least if there are other people like me who looks for the same kind of keyboard they'll have a thread now :).

Aww, just read that you already bought it now. :(
Sad to hear you didn't want to get a converter since you miss out on one of the milestones of my personal improvements due to better hardware. When I switched to the IBM it upped my roping so much. Well, give some feedback and maybe a replay (before/after). :)

Offline zippeurfou

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2013, 11:36 PM »
* SpideR needs an active clan... boo @franz/mir!

CAT ^^

franz play sometimes !
You can always leave six and ask for the clan you wish to join. I'm sure not many clan would disprove you :)

Edit: Well, getting adaptor and stuff i'm not really a fan of and i don't think i'll ever be playing roper very competitive anymore. It's just to help when the clan need.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 11:37 PM by zippeurfou »

Offline Free

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2013, 05:03 AM »
My experience: I've had Razer blackwidow and Steelseries g2 as mechanical kb's and while they have their benefits, after I got my logitech illuminated, it was the clear winner.

The way I saw it, you get more control and reliability with mechanical kb's but you dont get nearly as much speed.

Maybe one day if they make a low profile mechanical kb, I'm gonna SPEND ALL MY MONEYZ again.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2013, 09:10 AM »

The way I saw it, you get more control and reliability with mechanical kb's but you dont get nearly as much speed.

What do you mean with speed? Worms tapping speed? typing speed? If so, using what technique? touch typing? hunt and peck? buffering? thumbing?

Mechanicals have and still are the keyboards of typists and recently comparable alternatives have popped up using different systems, but they're still very expensive and specialized and they certainly don't include the ilumniati's (pun intended) keyboard.

And to clarify, I'm not saying your keyboard sucks for roping jay, I actually trust your judgment on that and believe it is rope-supportive. Thing is, I still think there are better alternatives for what he was asking. Will he be able to rope in body and soul with your KB? I don't see why not. But you're mixing budget and leds in a keyboard that looks like a cat stepping on it could see it break.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 09:14 AM by ropa »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2013, 03:52 PM »
My experience: I've had Razer blackwidow and Steelseries g2 as mechanical kb's and while they have their benefits, after I got my logitech illuminated, it was the clear winner.

Maybe one day if they make a low profile mechanical kb, I'm gonna SPEND ALL MY MONEYZ again.

That's why I use mechanical kb's for arrow control and for taps the IBM Rapid Access. The perfect mixture. :D

Offline zippeurfou

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2013, 01:20 AM »
Ok, very bad news. Just got the keyboard and I got this f@#!ing keylock !!!!!
The thing I don't get is that if i press up + left + space i got keylock but if i press up+right+space i don't have it !
Anyone can explain it to me ?
Moreover, I'm on a laptop and they keylock on my laptop is reversed ! e.g if i press up + left + space on laptop no keylock but up+right+space laptop keylock....
I guess I'll remap my keys but an explanation would be really nice.