Forums
May 05, 2024, 11:07 AM

Author Topic: cheap usb shippable kb for roping  (Read 4654 times)

Offline skOrpuz

Re: cheap usb shippable kb for roping
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2013, 02:02 AM »
use a keyremap and try to use "z" as space...but which finger do you use to rope? :P

Offline zippeurfou

« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2013, 02:10 AM »
what keyremaper to use ?

Offline Anubis

« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2013, 03:34 AM »
SharpKeys or Intes Keychanger.

There is no explaination to it, it just means cheap manufacturing to safe money. Left + Up + Space is pretty common, never seen right + up +space.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2013, 09:39 AM »
what keyremaper to use ?

If your space is good fada I recommend trying to remap numepad 5123 to arrows, it make take a day to get used to it and you might require to remap some F keys too (the ones used in roping) depending on your hand reach.

You might still be able to rope with one letter key, but since some people tap with more than one finger (even without finger rolling) you can keep the arrow keys as arrow keys and try the right shift as space.

They are different alternatives, I recommend you try a few since a letter key, the spacebar and the right shift tend to have different feels. However, your keyboard does seem like it haves the same feel for all keys.

edit: the explanation to the keylock is that the left key and the spacebar share the same "circuit" and thus cannot be used together with another key (the keyboard fills its input slots with just left and up).

But yeah, Jay should have told you it had a keylock 
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 09:42 AM by ropa »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline zippeurfou

« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2013, 04:24 PM »
Thanks dudes. So this keyboard really have keylock... Guess I won't be roping much then.
Well I've been using intes keychanger to remap arrows to num pad 1235 but I had still the keylock.
Maybe I'll look into other num pad number that doesn't share circuit.
Btw, it is very interesting the fact that they share circuit. I might dig into how keyboard are made just to know. People learn how computer are made but not the device (mouse,keyboard..).
Edit: what an irony that you predicted it page 1 ! Just for that you deserve the I said it hehe. Anyways, a good cheap keyboard without ps2/usb adaptor would be a microsoft/logitech keyboard. I believe we should really do a list, I'm not the first one to ask and surely not the last!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 04:33 PM by zippeurfou »

Offline llRoXll

« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2013, 10:17 PM »
I bought a keyboard which has the stupid keylock too but at least i can fingeroll a bit again.
Im going to give it back to the shop and buy a gaming one. Found cheap one and looks good, check it out fada:

http://dx.com/s/AULA+befire

Searching for a razer tarantula too but its out of stock everywhere, maybe i'll be lucky if i take a look at ebay.

Offline SpideR

« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2013, 11:09 PM »
Oh my god, I will tell you my journey to get a new keyboard!

I've found this store with great prices near my appartment and with a great variety of kbs. Good!
I talked with the manager and explained that I lived nearby and I had interest in a good kb to play a certain game, without keylock, and I asked gently if I could try it, and if it doesn't fit well, if I could return, exchange for another one (keeping it exactly like it was in the box) and paying the difference. He accepted! Really good!
Prices started at R$ 18 (6,70£). Really GOOD!

My intention was spending the less possible! Since I ain't getting an all colourful gayming kb just to play worms, or so I thought that I ain't no tapper, cheater, macroper or anyway gamer outside worms. I don't see use in that for such price. I'll avoid remapping as much as I can.

I went to the store 3 times! And on the third one I gave up cause the manager would get pissed lol BAD!
And all the keyboards had keylock. Really BAD!

I ended up with a microsoft KB, that has a space+UP+LEFT keylock (apparently it didn't lock with RIGHT+UP+SPACE or similar). Stupid manufacturers!

The good part? It is very smooth to control, the arrow keys are great to rope, to type (I have to type a lot of text) and what I liked the most 1/4 of the standard gaming keyboard price (R$ 99).

Most important lesson? I realized I can get used with it after some warmers.
My roping is a LOT better now, watch out I'm coming back to fit :D

Online deejay

« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2013, 03:42 AM »
Thanks dudes. So this keyboard really have keylock... Guess I won't be roping much then.
Well I've been using intes keychanger to remap arrows to num pad 1235 but I had still the keylock.
Maybe I'll look into other num pad number that doesn't share circuit.
Btw, it is very interesting the fact that they share circuit. I might dig into how keyboard are made just to know. People learn how computer are made but not the device (mouse,keyboard..).
Edit: what an irony that you predicted it page 1 ! Just for that you deserve the I said it hehe. Anyways, a good cheap keyboard without ps2/usb adaptor would be a microsoft/logitech keyboard. I believe we should really do a list, I'm not the first one to ask and surely not the last!
sounds like a problem with your laptop if you remapped and the keys are still locked..