Forums
May 12, 2024, 11:51 AM

Author Topic: Played my last game of BnG today  (Read 9890 times)

Re: Played my last game of BnG today
« Reply #105 on: June 25, 2012, 06:20 PM »

I can help a little with some of game engine specifics:
The gravitational acceleration equals 600 pixels per second squared without LG and 300 pixels per second squared with LG.
There are 75 power levels, each one adds 16 pixels per second to the initial velocity.
A full power shot (doesn't matter if it's bazooka/grenade/petrol/mortar etc.) has an initial velocity of 1200 pixels per second.

lol, Im sure ill be able to hit any worm now I know this xD
worm and learn

Offline Anubis

« Reply #106 on: June 25, 2012, 06:25 PM »
Don't think it's really needed that I further contribute to this topic since these values have been listed which are even more accurate than mine. :)
I wonder what happens with BnG now though. If you strip BnG down it's just a static plain and simple math scheme.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 06:28 PM by DeathInFire »

Offline Husk

« Reply #107 on: June 25, 2012, 06:47 PM »
notch all u want, u wont win any more bng games than before.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 25, 2012, 06:54 PM »

Why are you so defensive already?
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Husk

« Reply #109 on: June 25, 2012, 07:01 PM »
I am not sure why I'm being defensive, it's just me =) maybe insecure?

Offline Prankster

« Reply #110 on: June 25, 2012, 09:58 PM »
barman says:

I don't really support giving away the all the notching distances to everyone, how about letting people put some effort to understand the game physics?

I can help a little with some of game engine specifics:
The gravitational acceleration equals 600 pixels per second squared without LG and 300 pixels per second squared with LG.
There are 75 power levels, each one adds 16 pixels per second to the initial velocity.
A full power shot (doesn't matter if it's bazooka/grenade/petrol/mortar etc.) has an initial velocity of 1200 pixels per second.
For bazooka, an n-bar wind adds a horizontal acceleration of 71.4n pixels per second squared.

Everyone a knowledge of newtonian physics should be able to determine the distances on their own.

add on from bar: there are 128 crosshair positions between vertical down and vertical up

Wow, that's nice! Now I only need to find that book with the physical formulas! :)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 10:08 PM by Prankster »

Offline Ramone

« Reply #111 on: June 25, 2012, 11:36 PM »
I wonder what happens with BnG now though. If you strip BnG down it's just a static plain and simple math scheme.

I've [/beep] a young beautiful girl tonight and it was so goddamn awesome!
If you strip [/beep] down it's just a friction of two meats which results in releasing some liquids. :'(

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #112 on: June 26, 2012, 07:18 AM »
Edit: Is there map where notch is impossible ?

No, but, you can hide from notching, and you can use the fact your opponent is notching against you by forcing them to use shots that require actual talent and practise, but this is something you have to learn yourself.

lol, Im sure ill be able to hit any worm now I know this xD

I can bet my life that you can't lol, I ain't having a dig at you or saying it in a bad tone, it's kinda like having stabilisers on a bicycle, for example, they hold a bike straight so you don't have to worry about falling over, notching just holds you in place with the right aim for most shots, only full power shots @ worms with no cover are 100% successful, all other types of shots need extremely quick reflex skills and practise to get the power right, not to mention the fact that you can hide from any type of shot if you have alot of experience with all kinds of BnG gameplay.

For example, you can hide from notching and use trick shots, if you are good enough, if you aren't they will probably open you up or move so they can notch you, this is where I feel I have advantage over any notcher without normal BnG experience, I see things they just don't or won't.

They probably will actually.

Kai, we both use the "each notch is 1" guideline, but I use a different resolution, and generally do alot of things different from how you mentioned, most of my notching is actually really instinctual compared to the way you guys all do it...

Like, full power shots is basically the same, but all the imbetween shots, I more or less just guess the notches and power difference etc, and I just know what's right and what's not because of how much I have played and my screen is f@#!ing huge, I look at the notches I have and just "know" if it will "get in" or not.

This is more than likely why I am still a really really accurate player without notching then...

Edit:

I feel you guys have gave out way too much information than you should have, the whole pixel thing etc is too much, people can write all this down and use it as a visual aid, which is cheating, and we have no proof, so, thanks for ruining that...

Coulda just told them, each notch we regard as "1" tell them how many notches make up a full screen for each resolution and left it at that...

That's all I was told, I learned everything on my own, I even taught my self more than anyone else knows (on their own), I actually feel cheated against if they have all THAT information without even f@#!ing caring or trying...

Offline zippeurfou

« Reply #113 on: June 26, 2012, 09:28 AM »
Komo, I think nail was doing sarcasm :).
Trust me, I have no idea how to use it. For me it is just number and I don't have any idea how to use it ^^.
I guess it is the same for most of non notcher.

« Reply #114 on: June 26, 2012, 09:32 AM »
Love your posts Komo.

This place wouldn't be the same without ya.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #115 on: June 26, 2012, 09:39 AM »
Ah, if you was being sarcastic Nail sorry I didn't see it lol  ;D

Thanks Cue lol  :-[

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 26, 2012, 10:53 AM »
Edit: Is there map where notch is impossible ?

No, but, you can hide from notching, and you can use the fact your opponent is notching against you by forcing them to use shots that require actual talent and practise, but this is something you have to learn yourself.

This is why I mentioned unanchored BnG at the beginning of the thread. Because it allows a non notcher to pull off what you just explained. Doesn't take away the fact it requires skill, obviously.

It's good that a proven Bnger states it as opposed to an inactive old school troll that's up to no good.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #117 on: June 26, 2012, 10:58 AM »
Yes, but at the same time, it still makes it easier for a notcher to put the pressure on a non-notcher, and limit their shots, you have to be really really good to succeed at trick shots and playing against a notcher.

But the point is, un-anchored is easier against notchers than anchored, it's harder to avoid when anchored, we can agree on this?

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 26, 2012, 11:01 AM »

That's all I was told, I learned everything on my own, I even taught my self more than anyone else knows (on their own), I actually feel cheated against if they have all THAT information without even f@#!ing caring or trying...

The point is Komo that there were already people who had that information because it was told to them (regardless of the different amount of work put in to learn/master notching amongst the different notchers). You shouldn't feel any more cheated than before, the only difference it's that it's not some people anymore, but all people.

But the point is, un-anchored is easier against notchers than anchored, it's harder to avoid when anchored, we can agree on this?

yeah of course we can
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #119 on: June 26, 2012, 11:11 AM »
The point is Komo that there were already people who had that information because it was told to them (regardless of the different amount of work put in to learn/master notching amongst the different notchers).

Who?