Forums
May 12, 2024, 11:32 AM

Author Topic: Played my last game of BnG today  (Read 9888 times)

Offline Anubis

Re: Played my last game of BnG today
« Reply #75 on: June 24, 2012, 01:49 PM »
I can make that Notchinglist if it's needed, I have no personal interest in keeping notching a secret I don't play anymore and I'd gladly help the community to learn how to notch (even the advanced ones, with trick shots). Should I do it? I am asking because it would take me some hours to make the guide and don't want it wasted.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 24, 2012, 01:55 PM »
I would make a rule against it in TuS(simply cuz you have to learn it and some players may not know about it or could be bothered to learn it),

So you're saying notching should be prohibited because it's not known to everyone. (assuming we had the means to)

Yet you're arguing that I say notching is unsportsmanlike for the league because not everyone knows it.

Ok. We done yet?

edit: don't care if we're not. I am. You figured it was a good idea to nit pick on a phrase, take it out of context and start a parallel argument that doesn't move us forward in the decision making and you refuse to realize it ain't. I usually have a hard time dropping it myself, but when one but three people inform me that logic and Komo don't mix together these days it's time we call it day and actually continue talking about were we were previous to your incursion and crusade against my use of semantics.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 02:08 PM by ropa »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #77 on: June 24, 2012, 02:00 PM »
So you're saying notching should be prohibited because it's not known to everyone. (assuming we had the means to)

Yet you're arguing that I say notching is unsportsmanlike for the league because not everyone knows it.

Ok. We done yet?

No, I am saying notching should be prohibited from TuS Leagues, as there are alot of players who may never speak the languages we use, so unless there was a fullproof way that everyone could read all the information they need before playing any League games, I would have a rule against it.

And also, if you read back, notice I said it's what I would do, I never said anyone would agree with it or like the idea, it's just my personal thoughts.

And actually, you said notching is unsportsmanlike if people learnt through a friend or clanmate etc, which kind of implied it's ok if they learn on their own because you didn't say otherwise, if that isn't what you meant, then it's ok to admit you were wrong before and want to correct yourself, I don't mind.

« Reply #78 on: June 24, 2012, 04:54 PM »
I dont see a problem with notching, I dont see how it can be frowned upon as its a technique anyone can learn and it's an efficient way to predict shots. You can't whine about it when you can learn how to do it yourself, and I don't commend people for having an "I don't notch because im not lame" attitude. I've never bothered to learn how to do it because I don't like BnG.
worm and learn

Offline fr4nk

« Reply #79 on: June 24, 2012, 05:46 PM »
I can make that Notchinglist if it's needed, I have no personal interest in keeping notching a secret I don't play anymore and I'd gladly help the community to learn how to notch (even the advanced ones, with trick shots). Should I do it? I am asking because it would take me some hours to make the guide and don't want it wasted.

You should!! Keeping notching knownledge as a secret, would just make it look like something "unfair" used only by good clans.
People will choose how to play BnG that way.

[15:52:06] [avirex`mm] worms is not my life, u f@#!ing loser

« Reply #80 on: June 24, 2012, 10:39 PM »
Will be funny if loads of people start notching, some get really good at notching and some random people who were never good at BnG before suddenly become BnG superstars :D

Offline fr4nk

« Reply #81 on: June 25, 2012, 12:17 AM »
Will be funny if loads of people start notching, some get really good at notching and some random people who were never good at BnG before suddenly become BnG superstars :D

That goes against everything that has been said by the good BnGers in this post!

[15:52:06] [avirex`mm] worms is not my life, u f@#!ing loser

« Reply #82 on: June 25, 2012, 12:31 AM »

That goes against everything that has been said by the good BnGers in this post!

We'll soon see won't we.  When/If Anubis kindly creates this elusive document.

My faith in BnG was lost moons ago.  I will happily learn to notch and get some revenge on the notchers who have (in my opinion) cheapened the BnG experience.  Maybe it will merge with my instinctive aiming ability to give me some hope of competing with the big boys.

If I was really passionate about BnG as a scheme then I most likely wouldn't do this.  But hey, it's just a game, I don't BnG much anyway, I only really care for rope and sheep anyway.  Meh, I'm ready to step into the darkside......who's with me????

« Reply #83 on: June 25, 2012, 02:54 AM »
If anyone (who knows I'd consider them trustworthy) wants my notching notes, PM me. My only requirement is that you dont use any visual aids or notes when playing, and you don't give the notes to anyone who wouldn't do the same.

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #84 on: June 25, 2012, 02:59 AM »
If anyone (who knows I'd consider them trustworthy) wants my notching notes, PM me. My only requirement is that you dont use any visual aids or notes when playing, and you don't give the notes to anyone who wouldn't do the same.

No one is trustworthy.
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #85 on: June 25, 2012, 06:57 AM »

You have notes lol? I just remember everything lol.

Notes are a visual aid, and you can't tell if someone is using them unless we forced webcams or something which would be insane lol, I guess you don't use them though, why you still have them?

Btw, not directed at you now Mablak, i've already offered to make an in-depth list and tutorial but if Anubis wants to do it that's cool, he uses more or less the same method I do anyway, I think he even uses the same res, 1152?

« Reply #86 on: June 25, 2012, 09:16 AM »
Im with u cue ;D
"since most people tend to the order side, its my job to spread chaos" -peja

Offline cOke

« Reply #87 on: June 25, 2012, 09:35 AM »
Mab don't give a full list of notes out, you can explain the basics such as calculating your angle and people can work the rest out on their damn own. At least don't make it too easy for people, if they want to do it it takes some time and independent thought.
HNN4EVA

Offline Prankster

« Reply #88 on: June 25, 2012, 02:23 PM »
Mab don't give a full list of notes out, you can explain the basics such as calculating your angle and people can work the rest out on their damn own. At least don't make it too easy for people, if they want to do it it takes some time and independent thought.

I like this idea, however, it will spread anyway, and if it does, it's more fair to have the technics in public. Everyone can decide if they want to use a full guide or work it out for themselves.

Offline darKz

« Reply #89 on: June 25, 2012, 02:56 PM »
Mab already gave the basics out here and personally I'd write a guide too if people want it. I'm well past the "omg notching has to be kept secret" time. :D
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010