Forums
May 04, 2024, 06:16 PM

Author Topic: Played my last game of BnG today  (Read 9849 times)

Offline HHC

Played my last game of BnG today
« on: June 22, 2012, 05:06 PM »
Woohoo!

From now on I'll just avoid it.

Don't care what TUS rules say about it. They can kiss my nuts.  :D

I've already said countless times it was a stupid, incredibly dull, dumb, shitass scheme. But well.. when both redi and unique hit the road (I guess they knew what was coming..) I was so nice, and outright dumb, to agree to light to a BnG clanner.

Heck, I even had the telly on in the back.. I sure was prepared to some torment.

Well, I don't even wanna talk about what happened. If it weren't so damn sad I'd laugh it off, but yeah..

"Chelsea`eS..eS`ssm: zook
eS`ssm..Chelsea`eS: my zook suck"

Yep. It was exactly that. 45 mins of watching the other team throw nades.
Oh yeah and let's not forget. They fired two zooks as well!!! 0 wind ones.. but heck.

The only time ssm dared firing a shot with a windy zook was when he had no other option (back against the wall). Needless to say... it hit an empty stroke of land on the other side of the map and that was it.

You'd think that this is an exception, but I've seen it before numerous times. Zooks only being fired about once every 20 mins. And well, who blames them, what's easier than hitting a nade? It never suffers from wind, all you really need to know is how to do 2 easy shots: a medium power 3 sec nade for nearby and a full power 4 sec one for targets further away.

It has nothing to do with BnG skills. These people can't hit zooks or nades in elite if their lives depened on it.
But I guess that's what you get when you learned your BnG in hysteria repeating those pesky petrols all the goddamn time.

Yap. I'm done with BnG.

You can all suck on my balls for it.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 05:08 PM by HHC »

Offline nappy

Re: Played my last game of BnG today
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 05:08 PM »
BnG should not have any rules at all, rules make this scheme ridiculous. (Even more ridiculous than it is!)

Offline Ray

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 05:09 PM »
* Ray hugs HHC and agrees that Hysteria ruined WormNET altogether.

BnG should not have any rules at all, rules make this scheme ridiculous. (Even more ridiculous than it is!)
It is not a ridiculous scheme. It is one of the oldest, most classic schemes that - when played as it is supposed to be played - requires a lot of skills. Go play Hysteria if you want no rules.

Well HHC, I hope you will change your mind sooner or later, I was pretty pissed off at BnG for a while too, but lately I had some really fun games, might have something to do with becoming better at it too? I don't know, anyway, I know I am liking it at the moment. Will change for you some time too. :)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 05:13 PM by Ray »

Offline Crazy

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 06:28 PM »
How exactly is it supposed to be played Ray? By notching nades? And are you suggesting HHC will like BnG more if he improves his skills, which basically means that he would have to start notching like everybody else?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 06:29 PM by Crazy »

Offline Ray

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 06:41 PM »
I think you misunderstood me there Crazy, I'm suggesting the exact opposite. It should be played like in the old times, not by notching each shot.
And are you suggesting HHC will like BnG more if he improves his skills, which basically means that he would have to start notching like everybody else?
What? ??? No and no, first of all who am I to judge someone's skills, I just brought up my example. And as I said, no, it's the way it works today, I find this unfortunate, but I learned to overcome it and shut my mouth and play like them. I don't play cheap against players I know wouldn't do it either. Personally, I would use stricter rules, but this is a community, I'm just one small particle of that.

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 06:47 PM »
Camelo totally stands behind u mah HHC bro!!!
"since most people tend to the order side, its my job to spread chaos" -peja

Offline nappy

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 07:41 PM »
Go play Hysteria if you want no rules.

Huh, you know, the old, the classic BnG used to have no rules. :)

Btw, I hate Hysteria too, it's broken by design, but this topic is not about it.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2012, 08:21 PM »
I feel notching is ok against other notchers, in fact, my favourite type of BnG is notching vs notching, the skill and tactics to outsmart and outplay your opponent choosing the right hides, using right shot at the right moment, is the best type of competitive BnG there is, if you are playing to win. (Not if you are playing purely to enjoy BnG and not care about winning or statistics.)

Anyone who wants to play BnG just for fun, won't like notching, anyone who notches wants to win, anyone who doesn't want to win, shouldn't complain about it...

The only definate way of telling if someone is notching is if they are moving the cursor notch by notch and counting the notches to the desired number, because for example, a certain amount of notches will go a set distance with a set power, 4s full power grenades are the most basic and simple shots to notch flawlessly if you know exactly what you are doing.

People can "notch" without "notching", by this I mean, have the angles memorised, or simply have markings on their screens, there is no way to prove if anyone is doing this, so there is no way we can ever have a rule against notching without fair/unfair accusations and/or punishments.

Back when I used to play BnG with only notching hardly anyone knew about it, and I stopped using it because I felt it was an unfair advantage, it's kinda like my opponent bringing a knife to a gun fight... Currently alot of players are notching, some are honest and open about it, others are not and hide the fact they actually do notch or know how to, either way, but i've started notching again recently against other players who know notch or play "lame" cuz I don't actually think it's lame, I think it's fair game, I will still never notch against players who don't know how to notch or zook distances.

In the end anyone can learn how to do it, anyone who wants to learn feel free to grab a few games with me and I will teach you the basics, I feel it's better to know notching and not need it, to need it and not know it, besides, it is actually fun when you get the hang of it lol.

And like Ray, i'm just trying to get on with it lol, no one liked me complaining about it, so now I am doing the opposite, let's see shall we?

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2012, 08:32 PM »
i dont use notches but i use my marking on my screen and i love it because i created it with hours and hours of try

if u dont like scheme all is wrong if u like all is good.. like hysteria tele-tactics 

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2012, 08:42 PM »
Go HHC.  I loved the post.

Get it off your chest mate.

It's really hard to get on with BnG as a scheme nowadays.

Ideally it should be instinctive skill based on your gut feeling / experience of what feels right...angle and power.  You might be on form and play well, or have an off day and not play so well bringing a little luck into the occasion maybe.

But when the scheme is taken apart, stripped to it's core, looked at from a mathematical perspective and put into an environment of win whores it simply fails to succeed in my eyes as the scheme it should be and perhaps the scheme it once was.

I would never bitch about it this late in the day HHC.  I remember back in the day almost winning a game with old fashioned techniques but lost because of absolute cheapness.  I won't name who it was but it was a pro player who really shoulda known better than to disrespect genuine instinctive playing by throwing whore 4 nades repeatedly just to get the win. 

At that point I decided that BnG was never going to satisfy me and so when I play it now I set myself up to expect the worst, if I get some fun and enjoyment then it's a bonus.

If things were different I could have taken BnG seriously all those years ago.  But instead I play it seldom and concentrate my efforts on ttrr and play hysteria and other misc schemes for my fun.

But nicely said man!

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2012, 09:03 PM »
Ideally it should be instinctive skill based on your gut feeling / experience of what feels right...angle and power.  You might be on form and play well, or have an off day and not play so well bringing a little luck into the occasion maybe.

I agree with this, and miss those days, but too many people play lame or notch now, and I don't like losing and love BnG too much to quit, and actually enjoy notching and playing lame against others doing the same thing, it's still equal competition, and a fair fight in any way to me is nice.

But when the scheme is taken apart, stripped to it's core, looked at from a mathematical perspective and put into an environment of win whores it simply fails to succeed in my eyes as the scheme it should be and perhaps the scheme it once was.

I disagree with this, and guess you gotta see it from my point of view to understand how I can enjoy it, one of the things I hate most in life is being defeated in competition because of luck, I don't like winning in some ridiculously lucky way either.

So for me it comes down to pure skill, concentration, memory and tactics in a notch Vs notch game, it's much more mentally demanding than just shooting and hoping for pretty shots, that's my thing...

Offline Peja

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2012, 10:17 PM »
i dont use notches but i use my marking on my screen and i love it because i created it with hours and hours of try

if u dont like scheme all is wrong if u like all is good.. like hysteria tele-tactics 

isnt it forbidden according to monkey islands last post there?

https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/worms-armageddon/markings-on-your-monitor-okay-or-not/105/
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2012, 11:36 PM »
if is it
 i didnt know and i will stop using it  :-[

im new on tus and i dont know all rules

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2012, 01:01 AM »
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 01:03 AM by Cueshark »

Offline fr4nk

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2012, 01:19 AM »
BnG nowadays is just playable if you know how to notch, otherwise you will get raped by notchers.
A noob like me who doesn't know how to notch, have a 5% chance to win.
However, that doesn't fit with what has been said by HHC, just an opinion.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 01:21 AM by fr4nk »

[15:52:06] [avirex`mm] worms is not my life, u f@#!ing loser