Forums
May 01, 2024, 07:39 AM

Author Topic: 2v2 Group TUS  (Read 3965 times)

Offline Rabbzz

Re: 2v2 Group TUS
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2014, 10:49 AM »

I am sure a 2v2 Hysteria only league would be active. xD
Don't give people ideas lol

Offline barman

« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2014, 11:04 AM »
I still have the draft 2v2 league coded somewhere. The main concept was something along these lines:

- everyone can pair up with anyone else,
- every time a new pair plays, their team is automatically registered in the database,
- you can have standings of the best pairs, as well as the best players.

Simple as it is. What do you think about it?
My WA compilation videos: 2007 2013
My photography work

Quote from: Statik
barman's fails are best

Offline Senator

« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2014, 11:59 AM »
- everyone can pair up with anyone else,
- every time a new pair plays, their team is automatically registered in the database,
- you can have standings of the best pairs, as well as the best players.

So in this concept you would have a couple of random partners, right? Or what's the point having standings for the best pairs if you play every time with different player? If you know something about coding could you make a system I was thinking (see my earlier post)? The system could be quite simple: 4 players in queue -> balance the teams and create game id's for reporting. I don't know anything about coding/programming but I guess it would be quite an easy task for  a guy who knows... (just some php, sql & javascript?)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 12:12 PM by Senator »

Offline barman

« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2014, 12:22 PM »
So in this concept pairs would be made permanent , right? Or what's the point having standings for the best pairs if you play every time with different player?
Yes, exactly that. You wouldn't likely play with different players every time. I'd imagine everyone would have a couple of favorite buddies to pair up with.

An example of how would such a league work:
A + B win against C + D.
A + C win against B + E.
C + D win against E + F.
E + F win against C + D.
A + B win against E + F.

2v2 statistics:
A + B: 2 wins, 0 losses
C + D: 1 win, 2 losses
A + C: 1 win, 0 losses
B + E: 0 wins, 1 loss
E + F: 1 win, 2 losses

1v1 statistics:
A: 3 wins, 0 losses
B: 2 wins, 1 loss
C: 2 wins, 2 losses
D: 1 win, 2 losses
E: 1 win, 3 losses
F: 1 win, 2 losses

If you know something about coding could you make a system I was thinking
Depends if I have time.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 12:26 PM by barman »
My photography work

barman's fails are best

Offline Senator

« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2014, 09:22 PM »
The main problems with the current clanner league

- for a match there has to be two players from both clans online the same time
- you get beaten over and over again by the same top clans, which discourages to continue playing clanners

The main problems with your as well as avirex's suggestions

- for a match there has to be two players from both clans online the same time
- if you get a bad partner you don't want to continue playing with him

So your concept would be basically just a mean to create new clans. I suspect it would be just another "clanner league" that would die slowly. Matchmaking system, however, would solve these problems.

- for a match there only has to be four players online the same time
- if you get a bad partner you may get a better one next time. You don't have to play always against the same pairs either.

P.s. this was not to criticize your concept. I'm just trying to sell my own suggestion...  :P
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 09:45 PM by Senator »

Offline barman

« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2014, 09:53 PM »
- for a match there has to be two players from two clans online the same time
I never mentioned they have to be from the same clan.

- if you get a bad partner you don't want to continue playing with him
This is pretty much unsolvable, isn't it? Playing with a clueless or uncooperative partner is not something everyone likes to spend their time at, no matter if the pairs are random or pickable by hand.

Your concept would be basically just a mean to create new clans. So I suspect it would be just another "clanner league" that would die slowly.
There's a difference between 2-player teams and fully-fledged clans. However, I could call such teams "microclans" if you insist. Anyway, you can be in as many microclans as you want at the same time. You can play dead seriously with some partners and just have some fun with others. Opening/closing microclans is as easy as starting/stopping to play with a certain partner.

This applies to every type of a 2v2 match.

- if you get a bad partner you may get a better one next time. You don't have to play always against the same guys either.
I'd rather be able to pick my own bad partners than have to be assigned one ;)
My photography work

barman's fails are best

Offline Senator

« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2014, 10:08 PM »
This applies to every type of a 2v2 match.

No :) There might be single players from clans/pairs online but they can't play because there is no partner. They could however enter a matchmaking system and have a 2v2 match.

I never mentioned they have to be from the same clan.

You can play only when your permanent partner/clan mate or whatever you call him is online.

This is pretty much unsolvable, isn't it? Playing with a clueless or uncooperative partner is not something everyone likes to spend their time at, no matter if the pairs are random or pickable by hand.

I already told a solution: you play everytime with different partner.

There's a difference between 2-player teams and fully-fledged clans. However, I could call such teams "microclans" if you insist. Anyway, you can be in as many microclans as you want at the same time.

So everytime your partner is not online, you may create a new "microclan" to play a 2v2 match. This could lead to a explosive growth in the number of microclans. This could work however if you can have only 5 microclans at a time, for example. Another concern: you may use this draft tool just to cherry pick your new partner (if you don't like your new partner, you may just ignore him and get a new one). This would lead to unbalanced pairs as top players pair with another top player and less skilled players are left with each others.

I'd rather be able to pick my own bad partners than have to be assigned one ;)

For this there is already clanner league. If people are ready to play everytime with a new random face, this new league could be more active than the current clanner league because it's much easier to arrange a match.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 01:55 PM by Senator »

Offline Husk

« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2014, 01:18 PM »
the 2v2 matchmaking sounds good!