Forums
April 30, 2024, 11:48 PM

Author Topic: 2v2 Group TUS  (Read 3963 times)

Offline avirex

2v2 Group TUS
« on: March 16, 2014, 07:12 PM »
i was talking with some guys during a game, and we feel the clanner scene is pretty weak at the moment, all the same clans always competing against each other..

p3 has alot of members, and dt as well (even if most are inactive) and the skill is very unbalanced, as komo was crying about in a recent post (even though he has nothing to do with worms anymore) 

the problem is, clan members are content in the clans they are in, and do not want to leave the clans, due to the friendships they have, or any other reason...

so, i thought of an idea, to solve all this, i think the idea has been made in the past, its not like its some groundbreaking new idea... but here goes..

Each member who would like to participate can sign up..  hopefully people only sign up if they have a true interest in the league, and are active enough to help their team...  when you sign up, you give your TUS user name, and a honest list of your best scheme, to your worst.. then either a group of people, or just one person can have the job of splitting these people up into groups of 4, or 5...  (depending how many people sign up) the key to splitting everyone up into teams, is dividing the skill up as evenly as possible... maybe 1 really good ttrr' guy in each team, 2 good ropers, and 2 good defaulters..   

each team will have 1 captain, and the captain can give the team a name- then you can either choose to wear the tags in wnet, but obviously thats not needed... once everyone is clear on who their "team"/"group" is, we can start searching for 2v2/3v3 games in wnet... and at the end of each season, we can have a playoffs, then repeat the process, signing up, splitting up the teams, and competing...

of course, we will still be able to 2v2 clan game, but that will be a separate league, and rating..

the benefits to this will be more 2v2 competition, because i know a lot of people, like myself are mainly interested in 2v2 league, and dont really care much about singles... so there is really only one options for this right now, and thats clan games.. (ofc you can 2v2 tus single, but thats not for an overall team ranking, thats just for tus singles ranking)

another benefit is that members do not have to leave their clans, and we can have more balanced teams, and hopefully a more active 2v2 league, with more competition...

and again, another benefit would be becoming closer to other people on Wnet, when you are in a clan, we all know you spend more time with your clan mates, and becoming closer to them... so having groups with people you may not normally be in a clan with, will spark new friendships, and i dont want to be all sappy, but that sounds fun, and romantic to me ;)

so, lets hear what others think...

ps: MonkeyIsland, if people like the idea, are you willing to code this??? plz? and thank you.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 07:14 PM by avirex »

Offline Chelsea

Re: 2v2 Group TUS
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 07:14 PM »
maybe just back TUS COUNTRY matches ?

Offline avirex

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 07:16 PM »
that would not be balanced at all... costa rica has maybe 4 players, america has maybe 3... argentina has maybe 3.. norway has about 4...

so instead of dt vs p3 being the majority of games played, you would like to see chile vs poland??

bad idea chelsea.

Offline Chelsea

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 07:58 PM »
that would not be balanced at all... costa rica has maybe 4 players, america has maybe 3... argentina has maybe 3.. norway has about 4...

so instead of dt vs p3 being the majority of games played, you would like to see chile vs poland??

bad idea chelsea.

Russa, Bazil, Finland, Hungary, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Bulgaria  too :)
USA has you & WZA :P

Avi, you wanna do something like ever was in TUS NORMAL LEAGUE -> Squads ?
I like your idea :P

Offline avirex

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 10:34 PM »

bad idea chelsea.

Russa, Bazil, Finland, Hungary, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Bulgaria  too :)
USA has you & WZA :P

Avi, you wanna do something like ever was in TUS NORMAL LEAGUE -> Squads ?
I like your idea :P

i do not full understand what you said here... "Avi, you wanna do something like ever was in TUS NORMAL LEAGUE -> Squads ?
I like your idea :P"

but yes, i would like to see another 2v2 league, with randomize squads.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2014, 10:48 PM »
From Komo:

Obviously people have lost passion for clan league because they never really believed in worms, or worms itself.  I left worms as an experiment, to see how the community would do without me.  Back in previous clan leagues 2vs2 was very popular, but everyone is out for themselves now.  I see so many selfish players, I wont name names, but some wormers from poland who notch in bng trying to be self-riteous about what they know and not give credit to the inventor.  I invented passion, the idea of playing worms purely for the love of doing it.  Other wormers just took that idea of passion and crafted it to fit their own ideals.  b2b was made by me out of my love for bng and was stolen by people in a mad quest for power, again i won't name names, but mostly wormers whose names rhyme with dean and crankster.  This community no longer has any soul so i would not rather take part in it.

Offline Hurz

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2014, 10:53 PM »
ya just wanted to add to avis komo comment,
as komo was crying about in a recent post (even though he has nothing to do with worms anymore)
that komo has to do with worms. not with tus tho.

Offline avirex

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2014, 11:04 PM »
well hurz, i guess we are both wrong.. he has to do with worms, and he has to do with tus!!! for example, he has had Xrayz post for him, Berria, and now Walrus.. with some non sense that has no relation to this topic...

darkone and darkz will not tolerate talking offtopic in posts komo!!! hmm.. how do we mute a mate with no account i wonder? :D

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2014, 11:54 PM »
I WILL NOT TOLERATE OFFTOPIC TALK IN THREADS! BLOOD WILL FILL THE STREETS OF TUS!
(was that ok, avirex?)

Sorry, kind of zoned out there.

First off, I like that you're trying to spice things up, so criticism/questions here are not meant as a put down (from my part, at least).

But having different tags like that sounds like surrogate clans, especially if you keep the system for the league the same. It's like having a second classic league, but for aliases (ok, not entirely, but if you are put in a team with your clan mates, it kind of is). There has to be another way to make this interesting. It's always good to think outside of the standard formats, even if the results aren't always winners. Might even make a betting corner out of it if for example Crazy is up for the idea :)

Who's going to have to do the sorting? If it's automated, you do risk being put in the same team as Devilage (risk for both of you) or some other chap you might be at odds with. If it's not automated, know that this gives someone a lot of work to do and that there's bound to be some people that are not satisfied with the group they've been dealt.
Alternatively, you could assign captainhood to some people, and they select their players (privately perhaps through PM/IM?), to get the team they want.

Anyway, first questions that popped in my head so far. Off to bed now.

Offline avirex

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2014, 12:36 AM »
DarkOne, im not sure if your clear on this.. the second "clan"/"group"/"team" would not be playing vs current clans... the current clanner league, the rating, and the clans will only be able to play vs current tus clans....

and the 2v2 group tus, will only be able to play against 2v2 group teams, totally separate ranking....

so it really will not matter if your put with 1 of your clan mates (out of 4 or 5 players) or if your clan mates are in other groups, all is good... and as far people getting put with people they dont exactly enjoy, thats the beauty of this.. maybe a friendship will be found, no one knew existed ;D

i personally would not mind at all if i was put with devilage..

as far as the teams being automated, we could do it completely computer generated, or some people hand picking who goes in what group, i personally would prefer hand picking them, because we could make teams as even as possible, and really have some intense games, and competition... i think it may be even better then clan  league, if the teams are divided equally.. it could be alot of fun....

also, i dont think the task would be that hard, even if only 1 person took the roll to divide the teams, because i cant imagine too many people will sign up, we are a small community.. if we got 50 people to show interest, that would be great.. so thats only 10 groups of 5.... shouldnt take that long to come up with the groups..

i would volunteer to make the groups, but i would like to participate in the league, if its created, and i would not want people saying i picked the best players for my team, or gave other teams shit players, or any other bs.. i think it would be best for someone who is not going to participate, and someone who generally knows everyones skill level...   you will have a list of their best schemes from best to worst, but still.. knowing each skill level would be better (and knowing who is a bit more active, and whos not, would also be a good benefit to know when creating each group)

ps: the draft pick is a decent idea, but after you got a list of 10 captains, how do you decide who gets first pick at the remaining 40 players??? i would not want to be a captain, and get stuck picking last, your sure to get the worst of the worst ;D there for, one person dividing teams would most likely be best.

i think if the team are divide up properly, we could hav

Offline HHC

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2014, 12:39 AM »
1.Make a TUS challenge system (we're all waiting for this?)
2.Add option to play 2vs2
3.Let the challenger pair top player in scheme with the worst one, to balance the teams.
4.Make seperate 2vs2-league for which these games count (& count them for singles league?). Standings show individual players.

It'd be pretty funny to get paired with a guy you absolutely hate though. There would be so much bashing in the whispers xD
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 12:40 AM by HHC »

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2014, 12:46 AM »
squars was in TNL :) use it in classic league.

Offline avirex

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2014, 10:15 PM »
would be so funny to 2v2 with devilage, yes...

*devilage fails*
avirex: you f@#!ing asshole, how the f@#! did u miss that drop? look how f@#!ing easy that was, u noob peice of shit

*avirex fails*
devilage: hahahha look whos talking? you f@#!ing suck!! why the hell did i get paired with such a noob!! WTTFFFF

*devilage makes a gj turn*
avirex: bout f@#!ing time you did something right

bahahha

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2014, 03:16 AM »
idk how it should work but please sign me up coz 2v2 matches are very funny  8)

Offline avirex

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2014, 12:58 AM »
BUMP?!?!??!!

something needs to be done about 2v2 inactivity...

i would really enjoy more 2v2 activity, the clanner scene is lacking, not to mention would be fun to have more balanced teams... 5 members per team, and hand picked would be fun....   no one agrees? :(