Forums
May 01, 2024, 12:47 PM

Author Topic: 2v2 Group TUS  (Read 3966 times)

Re: 2v2 Group TUS
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2014, 07:02 PM »
lots of words

god has spoken  ;D +1 for this!
"since most people tend to the order side, its my job to spread chaos" -peja

Offline avirex

« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2014, 09:18 PM »
ryan, i liked majority of KRD post.. but i do not agree with making it cup style, and having pre set games...

i think the point of this is to have a second option to find 2v2 games... when you do not have a clan mate on, or even if you do.. but there is no clanners around, maybe you will have a "team mate" and be able to find 2v2 team games.. theres even a chance this becomes more popular then clanners...  who knows...

im surprised you are showing as much interest as you are... maybe you can help me organize this...   i would like your help if your interested, PM me with more ideas, and in the near future we will start a post...  or better yet, ask MI for a separate sub forum, strictly dedicated to this...

so we can then break it down into sub-sub-forums, into sign ups, reports, complaints,  stats (each individuals list of schemes, from best to worst)  maybe we can give each person a ranking for each scheme, 1-10, and an overall ranking(again 1-10)... that would help us when splitting up the teams, we can decide if we should have captains, and each captain picks 1 at a time, or if we should just make the teams... i just wonder if picking teams would take too long...   especially doing it on forums... imagine having to wait for barman to make his pick, then statik to make his pick, before dibz can make his pick, while im waiting for them, before i can make my pick, and your waiting for me, before you can make your pick... and then back to barman... seems like that could take atleast a week before we can even start!!

sooo.. anyway, if you are interested in this, more then just throwing out ideas (that i do appreciate) then PM me, and me and you can organize this.. the sooner the better, im glad to see others are taking interest in this now.. i think it could be a success...

also, i agree statik, this will not be mixed in with tus single ever...  tus singles already has a 2v2 option (all though its not very popular) and i also would not want to mix this in with clanner stats... this should have its own stats, and its own playoffs, and each season we will change the teams up again..

for the moment, we will just use a system as KRD suggested, 2 points win, 1 point draw, 0 point loss, or something similar, thats something me and ryan can determine after discussion (assuming he plans to help me)  and maybe in the future, if this has success, maybe MI will be open to coding a league strictly for 2v2 teams.

ps: anyone else who is interested in help organize, pm me, i am open to anyones ideas, and help

ps: ps: Komo, did you really open an account just to post here? lmao..  i have nothing more to add to that

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2014, 01:39 AM »
I like MI, and I like almost every single person on TuS individually, but when you all get together on these forums you turn into the biggest bunch of f@#!ing idiots i've ever witnessed in my life, day by day, week by week, month by month, you are ruining this f@#!ing League, cuz you wanna make f@#!ing changes every other day.

While I do not wish to take part in what has become a pathetic, unreliable & unrealistic League experience full of full blown f@#!ing retards , I still read these forums from time to time because I am interested in seeing what dS guys are up to, and see which poor gits avirex & his army of f@#!ing retards are abusing this month.

Anyway, the point, I don't care if u wanna call me a clammy c@#! or an assf@#!ing retard, or a sheepshagging f@#!face, I really don't, insulting each other is just saying hello where I grew up...

But do not use my name and say I said something when I never, I did not say that bunch of crap walrus decided to say I did say, nor have I even spoke with Walrus at any point this whole f@#!ing year.

Don't trust anything anyone in f@#!ing FoS says about me from here on, because i'll never ask them to talk for me. (I didn't know Berria was FoS when I asked him to post)

And for f@#! sake, stop going in f@#!ing circles for f@#! sake... Same damn conversations every few f@#!ing months...

For all the people who have been friendly over the years - Thank you :)
lol great post.  So you said it in this sequence:

1.)  "I did not say all that ridiculous shit criticizing the league and calling people names!  Walrus made it all up!"  (which I did, admittedly; we got a good chuckle out of it)

And then proceeded to say:

2.)  A bunch of ridiculous shit criticizing the league and calling people names.

The point of my original post was to write what komo would have written, and apparently my komo imitation was dead solid perfect as you just proved.  But even I couldn't out-komo the komo.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 01:46 AM by TheWalrus »

Offline Dragon

« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2014, 02:41 AM »
Let's not turn this thread into fight thread too please.. Komo stated his opinion, good for him, but the main point of the thread is the 2v2 ground not Komo vs FoS or Komo vs Tus.

I think it was a good idea from Avirex, yet I don't like the "captain" part.
The team should be equal and trust and respect each others decisions, I myself don't like to get told what to do.

Offline avirex

« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2014, 12:12 AM »
its funny that komo is here saying this idea is shit, or any new ideas are ruining the league, or any other bullshit this hypocrite spits out of his mouth....

i remember komo was all for an earlier idea i proposed, to have an alias league (which other people pointed out, all though it might be fun, would start alot of unnecessary problems if it took place) and i also remember komo asking if he could be a "free agent" and just hop in to clanners under any clan... what a f@#!ing joke...

so, i guess what komo is trying to say is, that his brain dead ideas are ok, but if anyone else pitches idea, regardless if others seem to like them...  "we are all a bunch of idiots"

moving on....

dragon, the captains would just be set into place to pick teams, if we decide to go down the route (i dont think we will) there will not be a time where a captain can tell you what to do..  example: dont play roper 2v2 games, unless "insert name here" is online, or boot u from the team, or any other thing like that... captains would have one roll only, and thats to pick teams (again, if we decide to do that)

anyway... if anyone has any more ideas, or wanna help regarding this PM me, or post here... other then that, feel free to laugh at komo (i dont mind my post's getting derailed at all) or.. just let the thread die until further notice.. ( i will be starting this league)

haVE FUN. :D

ps: thnx for thinking its a good idea dragon!  if you would like to help, PM me... i will need complaint mods, and other things as well... i will try to make this league as official as possible, despite being conducted strictly on sub-forums...   (in hopes it will be popular, and get coded)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 12:16 AM by avirex »

Offline Senator

« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2014, 12:48 PM »
How about a match-making system (already discussed elsewhere)? You would get in queue for a match by clicking a button on TUS site. As soon as there is four players in queue, the system would balance the teams based on players' points. All players would have the same starting points (1000, for example).

After a match is found a game id would be created on TUS site. Players can then go to report the result OR a possible no-show of some player. No-show would mean penalty points for the reported player. Penalty points would be given only in situations where one player doesn't show up for the match (and the other three players report this).

After 5 games or so players could be also divided into skill groups from 1 to 5, for example. Then the system would make only matches where all players are within two or three skill groups. This would result in longer wait times, though. You could of course promote/demote from one skill group to other.

So in this system all players would have their individual team game ranking (and skill group). If you want more permanent teams then this is not for it.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 09:03 PM by Senator »

Offline Senator

« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2014, 09:48 AM »
Here is a more detailed description of the matchmaking system I was thinking...

A new "2v2 league" is created and all players have the same starting points (1000). In this league you can play matches only via matchmaking, no clan or otherwise predetermined matches.

1. You click button "Find a 2v2 game" on the website.
2. You're put in a queue and your button changes to "Searching for a game...". If you click the button again it will change back to "Find a 2v2 game" and you will be removed from the queue. Simple.
3. As soon as there is 4 (proper) players in the queue, the system balances the teams based on players' overall points and creates two separate game id's on TUS 2v2 league site.
4. The button changes to "Match found" and players are moved automatically to their "Pending games" site where they see the game id's and their ally and opponents.
5. Both teams choose their own scheme (the order is decided on the game site). After the match the winners go to report on these already created game sites.
6. If one of the players doesn't show up for the match, the other three players can go to report a no-show which means some penalty points for the reported player.

At the beginning it could be better to keep it simple and allow all players to join a game. The system would just make the teams balanced like 750p & 1450p versus 1200p & 1100p.
Later the algorithm could be set to make only matches where all players are within specific point marginal, let's say within three groups.

There could be five groups, for example, that are based on overall points like this way:
1= -800
2= 800-1000
3= 1000-1200
4= 1200-1400
5= 1400-

The algorithm would work this way

Player1 enters the queue with 1450p -> Game 1 (Now the following players for game 1 can be only from groups 3, 4 or 5)
Player2 enters the queue with 1050p -> Game 1
Player3 enters the queue with 1150p -> Game 1
Player4 enters the queue with 970p -> Game 2 (Now the following players for game 2 can be only from groups 1, 2, 3 or 4)
Player5 enters the queue with 750p -> Game 2 (Now the following players for game 2 can be only from groups 1, 2 or 3)
Player6 enters the queue with 1100p -> Game 1

Players 2 and 3 couldn't join the game 2 because game 1 was the first suitable game in the queue for them.

If player 1 had left the queue, the next player in queue would have become determining player for the game 1:

Player2 stays in game 1 (now the following players for game 1 can be from all groups)
Player3 stays in game 1
Player4 moves from game 2 to game 1 (Now the following players for game 1 can be only from groups 1, 2, 3 or 4)
Player5 moves from game 2 to game 1
"Match found"
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 05:02 PM by Senator »

Offline avirex

« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2014, 05:19 PM »
Senator, your idea is cool.. but here is the problem...

nothing on TUS changes, unless 90% of the community agree on it, or you have to play some mock up of the idea, and prove its good....

Darkone will tell you to host a cup, MI will tell you to have a vote, and the community will all bitch and complain...  so there is not many new ideas that get implemented...

no offense to MI, or the mods, but sometimes they need to take things into their own hands, rather then let the community vote and decide on every little aspect...

so, i will beat them to the punch, and tell you to host a cup, see how the people like it!! ;D

Online Camper

« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2014, 10:08 PM »
I actually enjoy'd the idea at all.

Creating a league where clans are made totally random is very funny and cool!

« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2014, 08:12 AM »
no offense to MI, or the mods, but sometimes they need to take things into their own hands, rather then let the community vote and decide on every little aspect...

Last person to do that was Kiros. The insulting hissy fits from the community made him ban players, which increased the hissy fits, which made him shut down the most active league up until that point.
You can blame MI for not doing enough, but he learns from the history of the game.

Offline avirex

« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2014, 01:27 PM »
MI was not ever here during that history of the game, if i remember right...

and if you read, Darkone, i said "SOMETIMES" not "ALL THE TIMES"

Kiros took things into his own hands every single time, MonkeyIsland almost never takes things into his owns hands...

those are 2 extreme differences...

and im not blaming MI for not doing enough, i never would say that so dont put words into my mouth.. MI does butt loads for the community.. but he does not always have to try to please every single person... because heres a new flash.. that will never happen.

« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2014, 05:06 PM »
MI was not ever here during that history of the game, if i remember right...

I wasn't around during a lot of historical events, but I can still hear about them and learn from them.

[...]
MonkeyIsland almost never takes things into his owns hands...
[...]
and im not blaming MI for not doing enough[..]

Could've fooled me!

MI is a pretty hands on guy. For every decision made here on TUS, MI had at least the final call if he didn't come up with it himself. Sometimes, he doesn't really know what to do and will ask our help or ask us to make the decision, which is fair. Not all decisions involve posting a news flash in the announcement forum. Sometimes, the decision is not to act.

But I know you know he does a lot, you do say so. But I can't help but feel that your criticism has started when he made some decisions you didn't like. As you said yourself:
he does not always have to try to please every single person... because heres a new flash.. that will never happen.
PS: we did notice that ;)

Offline Senator

« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2014, 09:20 PM »
so, i will beat them to the punch, and tell you to host a cup, see how the people like it!! ;D

You were probably just sarcastic here ;) A mini league created on the periphery of TUS website (the cup sites) would not be a good indicator... It's just totally different when implemented at permanent basis and more visibly.

TUS doubles league would be just like the singles league with the exception that you don't play alone. Matchmaking system would just make it possible to arrange matches (imagine yourself on AG gathering people for a 2v2 league match). You can play whenever you like, no stress of arranging matches or commitment to play every week or so (this is why 2v2 cups fail).

So the question is, do we want to play doubles matches besides singles? Like you mentioned, people don't play clan matches that actively anymore. So this league would be a choice also for clan members when there is no clanner available.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 09:30 PM by Senator »

Offline avirex

« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2014, 12:19 AM »
thats basically all i want senator..

im not a big fan of single, and i know there are other just liek me...

that strictly prefer 2v2 games...

my idea was just 1 idea to have more options to play 2v2 games, but with less then 20 people signed up, it does not look like im even going to go through with the idea...

if you have a better idea to bring activity to 2v2, im all ears, and would love to see it in effect...

TUS has many leagues.. many many many leagues, that are based around 1v1 competition, and only 1 league for 2v2...

and for people like me, that sucks!!!   

i think if something along these lines were actually coded, people might take interest.. i think a major problem with my efforts are, people dont want to participate in a forum based league.... thats lame, i agree...

the problem is, MI does not want to make any steps in any direction unless its tested, and proven a good idea in some way (cups, tournaments, votes, etc)

Maybe Husk, and Anubis (i believe those were the 2 who said it) were right... 2v2/clanner scene is just dead... worms will never be the same.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2014, 10:28 AM »
Maybe Husk, and Anubis (i believe those were the 2 who said it) were right... 2v2/clanner scene is just dead... worms will never be the same.

I am sure a 2v2 Hysteria only league would be active. xD