Monday after 22:00
Wednesday after 22:00
Tuesday after 22:00
Saturday from 9:00 to 13:00 and from 18:00 to 20:00
Sunday from 9:00 to 12:30 and from 18:00 to 20:00

Offline GreatProfe

Re: karma
« Reply #76 on: September 13, 2011, 02:46 PM »
Nail, You were perfect in your viewpoint.

As I promise to myself, i ll not complaint about karma anymore.

Naturally, the neg karma isnt a 9/11 for ne1. But some ppl here want to help, to have fun and to make TUS better. Its annoying when others ppl dont understand this and smite You deliberatelly. Smart ppl can to be censured (and They will feel this way)  because when They post, a smite rain happens.

I keep thinkin about or delete the KS or delete the Smite feat.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 02:48 PM by Professor »

Offline Maciej

« Reply #77 on: September 13, 2011, 04:48 PM »
check my yesterdays posts, because I have received -6 for them already...

you suck haters

Offline THeDoGG

« Reply #78 on: September 13, 2011, 08:30 PM »
NAiL your a probably right, but its no true all the time, all this started with the "karma war".

But sometimes karma is kind of relevant of the attitude of a player, and this not even only on TuS forums but in wormnet also.
For example, look at Maciej. He always had a negative karma! from what I remember at least..  :-\

And no Maciej, it's not about "hate", it's about letting you know that you should maybe think of changing your attitude ;)

For example the attitude of always complaining for nothing won't give you a good karma !

Offline Maciej

« Reply #79 on: September 13, 2011, 08:46 PM »
ye, my each post is a complain...   Oo

Offline nino

« Reply #80 on: September 14, 2011, 02:49 AM »
MI Should remove this karma system asap, sure it is fun sometimes like it was with komo but anyway komo got it in a good way, but this karma stuff nowadays is just separating peoples and since we are a small community it is not good. Of course there are some disagree, but if i dont like you i just think with myself "aaaa morre diabo"instead of be clicking in some button and the person gotta be guessing who the f@#! smited him or her, listen to me MI if u want long life for tus, remove this karma system asap.

Iam the one who is not posting much anymore in here because of it, i kinda know my away and if iam in a place where i know iam not welcome, i just leave and go to have fun where peoples likes my presence, and listen u r reading this from one of the most popular and cool wormer, i can imagine as others can feel, this just sucks.

Bye ae.
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #81 on: September 14, 2011, 03:09 AM »
+1.

Everyone care with our Karma, it's fact.
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline avirex

« Reply #82 on: September 14, 2011, 03:34 AM »
-1 sniper...

yeah, nino made a good post...i  still say to keep karma, i have too much fun with it...

but yeah, ppl get so depressed... before there is a worms suicide, lets just end the karma

Offline THeDoGG

« Reply #83 on: September 14, 2011, 06:44 AM »
lol nino, funny one! how did you had this high karma ???

Offline DumbBongChow

« Reply #84 on: September 14, 2011, 08:43 AM »
Ok everyone here's a very interesting question?

What is karma system in tus site?
1. A reflection how good a member's attitude is. (Around half true in my opinion.)
2. Interesting element of this site that may help people to have better attitude. (Deinitely does not always work, and it can have an opposite effect.)
3. A system which reflects how many people like or dislike what a player is doing in a whole sum. (Probably the best one.)
(Some people dislike what another player is doing for a very bad reason which is always a major problem.)
4. Something not to be taken serious of. (I guess this largely depends on each person, and I ACTUALLY DON'T MIND IF THEY CARE. [SO WHAT IF THEY CARE AS LONG AS THEY DON'T SPOUT MINDLESS COMMENTS, IT SHOULD BE FINE.])
5. System which favors or disfavors certain type of people. (This system work like democracy after all.)
[The majority's or reputation spammer's applaud and smite stand out the most which is a very bad sign as people should applaud or smite other solely based on whether they did something good or bad.]

Problems: (Primarily saying this to say karma system DEFINITELY needs least some fix.)
1. Every logical part NaiL points out on, but I'm not into karma resets as that also wipes out benefits of the karma system. Check #3 for alternate solution. I also don't believe ONLY benefit for this is for selfish pleasure. I actually believe effectiveness Karma system's problems LARGELY LIES ON HOW IT IS REGUALTED!
2. Since some ppl are very nice or mean and does not post any in tus website, karma system becomes rather useless in this case as ppl can only applaud or smite on ones who have posted. (I believe this should be fixed as people speak out their minds in wormnet as well.)
3. There should be a cap how much a member can smite (NOT APPLAUD) another member. (Which help drastically fixes major exaggerated negative reputation problem.)
(Smite spammer can lower player's reputation by 14 EACH WEEK at most with a current rule.)

Botton Line:
Guess my point is we should never alter judgement BECAUSE OF PERSON'S REPUTATION, and we should try to strictly applauded or smite based on what GOOD and BAD things they actually DO if we actually plan on keeping karma system. We should also resist SPAM SMITE on people as that itself is rather unfair, but we shouldn't worry much about this if MonkeyIsland follows my claim from the third problem. My position regarding karma system is either have a effective, well-regulated system or actually take this system out of this site.

BTW..., I think JayX should post a comment here since he's the VOICE OF REASON. o_0
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 08:45 AM by DumbBongChow »

I like making myself Feel(S) Good Man!

Our Community: (Our newest, updated schemes are at this site!)
http://wosc.tk/

DBC's Legendary Profile:
http://worms2d.info/User:DumbBongChow
http://worms2d.info/User_talk:DumbBongChow

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #85 on: September 14, 2011, 11:21 AM »
Its also near impossible for people with seriously negative karma to climb back up, even if they change their ways.
I take the example of crash, sure he acted dumb sometimes.... but for the last year or so he has been perfectly fine and his karma is not fair. Even if people do change their attitude, the community doesnt care enough to raise their karma in acknowledgement.

You are totally right about Crash mate, since he quit doH he's been really cool, not to mention a really skilled opponent.

I think TuS forums and Wnet are completely seperate, I rarely argue with people when actually playing, I occasionally get the odd "random person" who is just the same person with diff names login and go "get a life" and just leave, it's got to the point where I just join in and sing it out along with him make him feel better xD Quite sad to imagine the excitement on his face as he gets home from school or whatever in desperation and in a rush to do that one thing, prolly sits and plays with himself while he does it, but anyway most of the people who "hate me" on forums actually "act" quite nice to me online so I doubt they care THAT much.