Forums
May 14, 2024, 10:24 AM

Author Topic: Avoiding rule  (Read 5829 times)

Offline Alien

Re: Avoiding rule
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2011, 07:25 PM »
lol amigo that is fcking crazy

I have some personal rules that is most important than TUS: Example:

NO PLAY WITH BAD PERSONS.

If i ask in AG tel ne1, and Doubletime answer me, i decline.

Each person must to set what ppl He want to play.

you are totally right. ;p

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2011, 07:42 PM »
lol amigo that is fcking crazy

I have some personal rules that is most important than TUS: Example:

NO PLAY WITH BAD PERSONS.

If i ask in AG tel ne1, and Doubletime answer me, i decline.

Each person must to set what ppl He want to play.

Absolutely, I will not play doubletime either. If he made a complaint against me I would just explain to the mods that all he does is insult me during games so I don't play him. The mod will obviously agree I'm not avoiding him. Ignorant and insulting people obviously lose the right to complain about people not playing them. They brought that on themselves.

Although if I could just pick to play only the people I choose and only choose to play people who I can easily beat is this right? Should this be allowed? Not everyone cares about their "reputation" enough to follow rules and be proper.

SPW is also right. This rule is mostly common sense and would only come into fruition during extreme circumstances.

For 99% of people on tus this changes nothing.

However for that 1% and in extreme circumstances there is no rule and there needs to be one in my opinion.

The mods are not stupid and can take everything into consideration.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 08:36 PM by Dub-c »
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2011, 08:53 PM »
amigo, this is as "invade privacity".

In Worms Armageddon We cant considerate "reputation" as requiriment.

Ppl come here to invent some rules no sense because probably You got a problem with this.

Play who wants against who this person wants.

Where is freedom? Noone must to be forced to play.

Absolutelly no sense, but is not personal, amigo, You know that i like You  :-*

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2011, 09:08 PM »
Ok, I completely get what you are saying. This rule will not effect you, however, if someone only plays people he is guaranteed to beat and finishes every season in first, do you think this should be allowed. What if 10 or 20 people started doing this? Do you not think that perhaps this might be a good idea to have a rule in place just in case this  happens?

Offline Husk

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2011, 09:21 PM »
Ok, I completely get what you are saying. This rule will not effect you, however, if someone only plays people he is guaranteed to beat and finishes every season in first, do you think this should be allowed. What if 10 or 20 people started doing this? Do you not think that perhaps this might be a good idea to have a rule in place just in case this  happens?

I guess this someone would have major problems in playoffs

Offline Desetroyah

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2011, 09:36 PM »
Ok, I completely get what you are saying. This rule will not effect you, however, if someone only plays people he is guaranteed to beat and finishes every season in first, do you think this should be allowed. What if 10 or 20 people started doing this? Do you not think that perhaps this might be a good idea to have a rule in place just in case this  happens?

I guess this someone would have major problems in playoffs

yep, Husk said it, someone might reach PO more easily but they'll never have respect as players and I guess thats what's important in good players, being so "professional" in your attitude to others and to the game that you will receive respect, (talking about RL karma :)

In the same way that no one really cares how many medals LordHound has (had to use one example), everyone in rr acknowledges him as a formidable player, which is the most important, not some .img medals on your profile :P
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 09:37 PM by Desetroyah »

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2011, 09:51 PM »
Mreh I'm done

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2011, 09:57 PM »
Dese, you're never going to get your smites with posts like those ;D

For the record, dub: I'm fine with you not playing against doubletime, but that's avoiding, pure and simple.
As I posted in the other thread, I personally don't feel for rules about avoiding and your doubletime example shows exactly why.
If we were to implement the rules, we'd have to duck points from you if dt asked you to play and you go on playing someone else afterwards. I'm sure that's not what you're trying to achieve here.

The only way to make any sort of real difference with a no avoiding rule is to go through each case and find out the reason for avoiding; not liking the guy or being afraid to lose? And to be blunt: I have better things to do than figure out people's motivation for not playing certain people :) And most of the times, you can't find out anyway. A noob basher will just claim he doesn't like random and therefore doesn't want to play him. There are no lie detectors on TUS (new feature for 2.0, MI? :)).

Offline Husk

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2011, 12:26 AM »
A noob basher will just claim he doesn't like random and therefore doesn't want to play him. There are no lie detectors on TUS (new feature for 2.0, MI? :)).

Hahaha so we will be having an analyzer and a lie detector, awesome :D

Offline Desetroyah

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2011, 12:31 AM »
A noob basher will just claim he doesn't like random and therefore doesn't want to play him. There are no lie detectors on TUS (new feature for 2.0, MI? :)).

Hahaha so we will be having an analyzer and a lie detector, awesome :D

That would be something, huh :D didnt mean to shoot you down Dub, suggestions means ppl are thinking ways to improve and refine TUS and thats always welcome :)

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2011, 03:48 AM »
I'm just glad that everyone approves of noob bashing and avoiding. That should definitely be allowed in tus and noway should we ever try to make a rule to try to make sure that it does not happen.  :o

Funny, when Random made the thread about the guy that was only playing easy games and challenged him to play 10 games everyone was all over that other guys ass for being an avoider and a noob basher.

Not that you are not entitled to you opinion Des but I don't think this thread was really made for you. You've played a grand total of 3 seasons of tus and 4 clan games. Don't see why you feel so strongly that this rule should not be implemented.

I really don't think noob bashing and avoiding is a big problem on tus, however, if it did become a big problem there should be rules in place to stop it and also discourage it.

Hopefully some people who have been a little more active in leagues throughout the years will give some opinions and suggestions.

Unless you are a noob basher this rule should not have any effect on you.

« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2011, 06:10 AM »
We're not saying people should avoid. We're saying we can't enforce rules against avoiding.
We don't approve of noob bashing, but the only way we can avoid that is by denying them the possibility of getting in the playoffs. The league system takes care of that, since they'll need to play an inhuman amount of games to qualify.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2011, 07:39 AM »
I totally agree with Dub-C here, damn Dub, your mind gets better and better everyday cuz you quit drinking ! +1 !

Now, I agree with this because of my mindset and standards for playing Leagues, this League system in any other sport would be a joke, no offence, it's fun and good for this but professionally it sucks, no wonder there is such a gap in amount of games played/streaks/points/etc, and alot of people (including myself for doing BnG only) have statistics that are bullshit compared to their true abilities, I only done BnG cuz well, nowhere else to do it with all these players...

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2011, 11:41 AM »
We're saying we can't enforce rules against avoiding.

Why not lol?

If you don't approve of noob bashing then whats the big problem?

Offline Prankster

« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2011, 12:05 PM »
We're saying we can't enforce rules against avoiding.

Why not lol?

If you don't approve of noob bashing then whats the big problem?

Isn't noob bashing solved already? I actually don't know how the point system works, but I know that you earn less points for beating players who are weaker than you. Plus there is a restriction of how much games you can play against a person per season.
All this avoiding-or-not doesn't make much sense, unless you reach the PO's. And in the PO's you can't avoid to play your games.
What's the point?
Play cups, if you want professional results. That's how it works in professional sports too, doesn't it?