Forums
May 13, 2024, 08:34 PM

Author Topic: Avoiding rule  (Read 5826 times)

Offline Dub-c

Avoiding rule
« on: July 06, 2011, 05:59 PM »
There are no rules about avoiding, but you seem to have a strong stance on it.
If you'd like to voice your opinion or get everyone else's, I encourage you to write up a rule about avoiding and how to enforce it.
A new thread about it might be more appropriate since this thread might want to continue to talk about the clanner point system.

Avoiding: Any player or clan who is looking for a tus game and is not willing to play another person or clan is avoiding and will be penalized.

Examples of avoiding:

Player A asks for a clanner or tus and player B says yes, but, player A will not play them

Player A asks for a clanner or tus and player B asks another person in private for a tus or clanner instead of excepting the game being offered.

Player A only asks for tus games in private to certain people and does not ask "tus anyone?" in AG

Options for penalties:

I would like to see the person or clan who is at fault of avoiding lose the max points that could have been loss if they accepted the game.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 06:14 PM by Dub-c »
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline Husk

Re: Avoiding rule
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 06:03 PM »
so if u ask tus and I say "sorry no time", then I should get penalized?

Offline Desetroyah

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 06:03 PM »
In a first glance I say its impossible to implement-determine when avoiding actually takes place :S

Imagine good (in players) clans seeing a weaker clan asking for clanner and then they say "no". Bigger clans can do that to make weaker clans' scores less and remain easily first. Its like Capitalism for tus-ing :P

PS: and say someone avoids, who will be witnesses? will the other clan start asking random ppl on TUS to confirm someone "avoided" or we gonna take their word for it :P. No way to implement man
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 06:07 PM by Desetroyah »

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 06:06 PM »
so if u ask tus and I say "sorry no time", then I should get penalized?

Ofcourse not, I thought avoiding was pretty obvious and self explanatory but I guess I will have to elaborate.

Feel free to help out or elaborate.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 06:09 PM by Dub-c »

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 06:13 PM »
In a first glance I say its impossible to implement-determine when avoiding actually takes place :S

Imagine good (in players) clans seeing a weaker clan asking for clanner and then they say "no". Bigger clans can do that to make weaker clans' scores less and remain easily first. Its like Capitalism for tus-ing :P

PS: and say someone avoids, who will be witnesses? will the other clan start asking random ppl on TUS to confirm someone "avoided" or we gonna take their word for it :P. No way to implement man

Screenshots, chat logs, etc etc

Offline Desetroyah

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 06:16 PM »

well I understand competitive clans would like that but I can see other ppl finding it too "serious" if you know what I mean. Its worms man :P we have enough rules as it is, this is like trying to put the game into a straight-jacket "YOU WILL PLAY NOW CAUSE YOU SAID IT" kinda thing :P

gl though, I'm just saying an opinion :)

Offline ArsGoetia

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011, 06:18 PM »
that means u can't play TUS just with friends? is obligation to play against everyone even if that player u don't like?
[GrW`AnGsT-tgH] hey, have you noticed that Komo always makes the maps a little smaller on one side?
[``GrW-ROp3Rz`] yes, I think that is cross-eyed

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2011, 06:20 PM »

well I understand competitive clans would like that but I can see other ppl finding it too "serious" if you know what I mean. Its worms man :P we have enough rules as it is, this is like trying to put the game into a straight-jacket "YOU WILL PLAY NOW CAUSE YOU SAID IT" kinda thing :P

gl though, I'm just saying an opinion :)

You have your right to that opinion and there is nothing wrong with what you are saying. I don't believe this is a huge issue, but, there is no rules on it and I believe there should be rules in place.

As for too many rules and people thinking a penalty for avoiding is too "serious", they are playing in a competitive league and no one is forcing them to play in the league or even playing a tus game if they don't want to. If I ask someone to tus and they say they don't feel like it, they are not avoiding. Now if they wait until I found a tus and hosted then they themselves asked if anyone wanted to tus they would be avoiding.

Offline Prankster

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2011, 06:22 PM »
You just can't fit everything between rules!

Offline Rok

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2011, 06:24 PM »
If I ask someone to tus and they say they don't feel like it, they are not avoiding. Now if they wait until I found a tus and hosted then they themselves asked if anyone wanted to tus they would be avoiding.

Agreed. But there's no way you can prove that someone does it.
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2011, 06:26 PM »
that means u can't play TUS just with friends? is obligation to play against everyone even if that player u don't like?

That is exactly what it means in my opinion. Its a league and if you are going to play in a league you have to be willing to play anyone in the league.

Should FC Barcelona be able to play in their soccer league and pick and choose who they play?

Not saying you can not play your friends, just can't avoid playing other people and only play your friends. You can always play a funner with your friends if you don't want to play in the league.

If you feel so strongly that you don't like someone and don't want to play them and you are accused of avoiding them, then I think your reasoning could be taken into account in the complaint.

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2011, 06:30 PM »
If I ask someone to tus and they say they don't feel like it, they are not avoiding. Now if they wait until I found a tus and hosted then they themselves asked if anyone wanted to tus they would be avoiding.

Agreed. But there's no way you can prove that someone does it.

You can keep snooper active if you believe someone is doing this. Of course people are going to come back after being inactive in AG and ask for a tus after another person has asked for a tus but it would have to be an ongoing theme of someone not playing better people and waiting for them to find a game before asking "tus anyone" or asking people in private.

Again I don't think this is a huge problem in the league, Franz just asked me to post a rule and get opinions since I am against people avoiding other people.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 06:33 PM by Dub-c »

Offline SPW

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2011, 07:13 PM »
All should be in a good balance. It dont makes sense when someone plays 50 tel-games in a season but 10 times against the same player. Barcelona dont play against Getafe 10 times in a season too (in dub-c words).

So, if I ask for tel, and someone agree but I already played against him many games, I can say "no", in my opinion this aint avoiding.

And this: Nice wheat snp has a ignore-option. So I'm using this and ignore all spammers and bad behaviour people. Some tus-members are involved too. If such a person is calling my request with a "yes", I coulnt read it. There is no rule that I cant ignore people in #ag.

In the end: Keep a good balance in a season and you dont have to feel urself bad. And to avoid some **** isnt a crime too. Imo. :)

Offline Gabriel

• Slacker is a queefer

• Chile Chile
  • UC UC clan

• Might come back later idk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2011, 07:19 PM »
Let's do nothing, is good as it is right now, when someone avoids, they just lose their reputation and nobody wants to play with them after, that's a good penalty actually lol.
Mole shopper is the worst thing in the world.

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2011, 07:21 PM »
lol amigo that is fcking crazy

I have some personal rules that is most important than TUS: Example:

NO PLAY WITH BAD PERSONS.

If i ask in AG tel ne1, and Doubletime answer me, i decline.

Each person must to set what ppl He want to play.